PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Mouse

BigRedDad
05-11-2007, 10:01 AM
I do not want to spoil this thread for any kids out there. Please scroll down to read a little more...

Sorry about that, but this is a spoiler kinda. I was talking with my mailman yesterday when my Disney DVD arrived. We talked a bit and he told me his neighbor is Mickey Mouse. He is on assignment for several weeks at a time and back again for several weeks. How cool is that?

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:52 AM
That would be so awesome!!! I have always wanted to be a character at Disney. If I can ever brainwash DH into moving to FL I will definitely work there somehow!

beksy
06-02-2007, 06:16 PM
I've gotta agree. It would be soo much fun to be a character at Disney and make little kids happy all day long! :cloud9: I would settle for just about any job in WDW, but living in Virginia, I think the commute might be too long! :truck:

:eeyore:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
06-02-2007, 10:15 PM
:cool: How awesome that "job" must be!!

dolphinmickey9170
06-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Spoiler.....If you are afraid of spoiling your magic, don't read this.

but when we took our Keys to the Kingdom tour, our guide told us most of the Mickey Mouse characters are ladies. It is difficult to find guys short enough to carry it off.

AnnetteFan
06-04-2007, 11:20 PM
The Key's to the Kingdom guides are so annoying, they need to keep their mouth shut about characters and who portray them as that is not a subject that's supposed to be discussed in the tours and they're supposed to steer clear of character dressing areas as best possible but sometimes they "accidently" bring guests near half dressed characters. I guess they think it makes for a more exciting tour because that's what most guests are hoping for, seeing Mickey Mouse smoking a cigarette or Cinderella in her pantalettes but it's quite obnoxious as it ruins the idea of character integrity.

To the original poster, what do you mean "on assignment" for a few weeks at a time and then off? That's not really how it works.

Queen Stephanie
06-05-2007, 03:25 AM
It is my life's ambition and plan to become a Disney cast member on payroll when and after I retire!:secret:

plutoboy
06-06-2007, 02:23 AM
The Key's to the Kingdom guides are so annoying, they need to keep their mouth shut about characters and who portray them as that is not a subject that's supposed to be discussed in the tours and they're supposed to steer clear of character dressing areas as best possible but sometimes they "accidently" bring guests near half dressed characters. I guess they think it makes for a more exciting tour because that's what most guests are hoping for, seeing Mickey Mouse smoking a cigarette or Cinderella in her pantalettes but it's quite obnoxious as it ruins the idea of character integrity.

To the original poster, what do you mean "on assignment" for a few weeks at a time and then off? That's not really how it works.

totally agree with Annettefan 100%. The Keys tours and others like them are completely annoying and taking the tours anywhere near the character areas is inappropriate as well as being obtrusive to the performers and the greeters. As a former "friend" of the characters I have never had a problem answering questions about the performing end of the job as long as it doesn't break the magical experience. There are some things that do not need to be seen or known--regardless how much you spend to do so.

I left Disney 3 years ago and to this day there are things that I will not share about being "friends" with the characters simply because it does not need to be shared.

Also the comment that the performer is on assignment for weeks at a time and then off soes not make sense at all. Even if he/she were seasonal it just doesn't make sense.