PDA

View Full Version : DVC - exterior "hallway" or interior hallway?

mrsHerbie53
05-11-2007, 09:55 AM
I had read somewhere that the rooms in SSR opened to an "exterior hallway" and that particular person perferred the DVC resorts in which the rooms opened to an interior hallway.

For those of you that have been to all of the DVC resorts (or most of them), did you notice which has inside hallways and which don't?

I hadn't thought of this before. Do any of you have an opinion on these two types of resorts? And is this mostly an issue of safety or perceived safety?? Maybe it is also a noise issue?
Any thoughts would be appreciated as well as which DVC resorts have which opening.

THANKS!
MrsHerbie53

MR SANDERS
05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Let's see...SSR, doors open to an exterior hallway, much like a condo or apartment building. We've never had any trouble with noise there. OKW doors are much the same, although it has seemed to be a bit noisier, possibly due to the "more relaxed" atmosphere described by others on this board. BWV and VWL both open to interior hallways and actually, we exsperienced more noise at these resorts due to people hanging out in the halls, especially at BW where there are sitting areas in the hallways. :secret: Haven't done BCV, but I assume since it has "villas" in the name, it is probably like VWL and BWV and open to the inside. IMHO (I've always wanted to use that now that I know what it means!), SSR is the quietest, nicest place to stay, :cloud9: but then again, it is my home resort and I may be a bit partial.:mickey:

Priority Four
05-11-2007, 10:27 AM
BCV also has interior hallways. HH has outdoor. I think the outdoor is more quiet.

GreenBeetle
05-13-2007, 07:13 PM
Never heard a "peep" in the hallways at SSR.:sleepin: Very quiet and very beautiful.

DVC2004
05-14-2007, 08:22 AM
I don't have a preference over exterior hallway vs. interior. We've stayed at both types and I never noticed any extra noise in either. Addtionally I've felt safe on Disney property no matter where I stay. :thumbsup:

Tiggerish
05-21-2007, 01:46 PM
I had never, ever considered this before, and I am so surprised to discover my own opinion on the topic.

I have concluded that while the interior hallways seem to me to be a bit "nicer" (i.e., even the hallway is themed), those hallways are always chilled to temperatures befitting a meat locker, so I prefer the exterior hallways of OKW and SSR!!

Thanks for causing me to figure this out!

Simba's Mom
05-23-2007, 06:00 PM
Here's a tip to reduce hall noise if staying at an interior hall resort:
Roll up a towel and put it on the floor across the crack in the door, sort of like one of those draft preventers. This also helps if you're staying in a lock-off studio at VWL, OKW, or BWV, where the lock-off door is fairly centrally located to the main bedroom (it's somewhat removed at BCV, which is one reason I like BCV). I'm a light sleeper sometimes, and this helps.

KevGuy
07-23-2007, 04:01 PM
I have concluded that while the interior hallways seem to me to be a bit "nicer" (i.e., even the hallway is themed), those hallways are always chilled to temperatures befitting a meat locker, so I prefer the exterior hallways of OKW and SSR!!

You'll be looking to go out to that meat locker hallway to cool off once the auto ac shuts off and you wake up in the night lol.:D Like Sam Warfair I am everywhere!!:secret:

MickeyMousse
07-23-2007, 07:17 PM
We've stayed in both types. I like the interior because the resort/vacation atmosphere carries itself throughout the hallways, but it can be noisy. Exterior I feel a larger sense of privacy and it's not as noisy.

But honestly, it doesn't matter to me.....I'm in WDW!:minnie:

tinkerbell04
07-23-2007, 08:13 PM
Beach Club
Boardwalk
Wilderness Lodge
All have inside hallways

Old Key West
Vero Beach
Saratoga Springs
All have outside hallways

I really have no preference over either one, but have never had any problems with noise at the outside hallway resorts.:mickey:

MinnieMommie
07-23-2007, 11:33 PM
We stay ar SSR and have never had an issue with the external hallways. Always been safe, clean and quiet. :mickey: