PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: Review of Questions 11-20

King Triton
05-11-2007, 09:44 AM
Well, another 10 questions have been answered. Again, I thank you for taking the time to participate in the polls and, in many cases, explain your answers. The results of some of the questions have been quite predictable, some not. Below are questions 11-20, along with results and a couple quotes from each that I found interesting. I'll try to provide both sides of the question as well as "neutral" comments, if there are any. If you missed the review of questions 1-10, a link is provided at the bottom of my post. Finally, if you're reading this in the Games thread and haven't seen the polls, they generally appear in the Theme Parks, Accommodations, Dining and Vacation Planning threads. Hope you're having fun with this...I'm definitely enjoying reading your responses.

---
Question #11 turned out to be very close. You were asked to pick between the Caribbean Beach resort and the Coronado Springs resort. With almost 100 votes cast, 53% of you picked the Caribbean Beach resort. Only six votes separated the two.

We love the CBR ... We love the spread out feel to the resort as well as the location of the shops and food court. We usually stay in Jamaica which is far enough away from the noise but close enough for a quick evening stroll to the shop or for a snack. -- DDuck66

When it comes to the CSR I think it is unmatched. They have the almost all of the ammenities of a deluxe resort (gym, beauty salon, suites, business center, etc.) and yet the pricing is moderate. -- KAT1811

Personally, I don't think you could go wrong at either. you have your choice of a Caribbean get away or a Soutwestern getaway. -- BigRedDad

---
Question #12 took us to the Polynesian Resort for a dining competition between O'hana and Kona Cafe. Not surprisingly, the popular O'hana took the prize, gathering about 67% of the almost 100 votes cast.

Ohana's is so much fun. The food is so good. I love the audience participation they have for the kids. Watching the grill going, waiters bringing skewers of meats and shrimp to the table. The atmosphere. Mmmmmmm I can't wait to get back. -- BigRedDad

I have to go with Kona, great food. -- MonoMan

'Ohana is so much fun! But Kona is so good! Another tough choice. -- SBETigg
---
Question #13 asked how you usually get to WDW. Of course, the majority of us fly, but I was curious to see the breakdown. The airport is busy, with 73+% of you flying in. 25+% of you drive yourselves. There were 110 votes cast in this poll. Exactly one, less than one percent, picked Amtrak or AutoTrain. Amtrak can not be happy about this.

I would never dream of driving. Our flight takes less than 1 1/2 hours. If we take the first flight out, we can be checked into the hotel AND walking around the parks before lunch. I have never been much of a plane person, but I'll do it for Disney. -- pianobabe

Even with skyrocketing gas prices, it is still cheaper to drive. I would rather spend the extra $$ on souvenirs, etc. Besides, driving through the Disney Welcome sign just wouldn't be the same on a shuttle! -- Mickey91

We take the train. In my lifetime I have driven, been a passenger in a car, taken a plane, and taken the train. Now we pretty much exclusively take the train. It's a very stress free mode of transportation. -- January-2007

---
Question #14 asked which continent is your favorite in Animal Kingdom, Africa or Asia. I suspect pre-Expedition:Everest, the answer would have been Africa, but Asia had a solid majority, gathering almost 60% of the 120+ votes.

Asia all the way-- the attention to detail is simply stunning. -- TIdoubleGR

I had to go with Africa for the theming. the music and dance is fantastic. -- biodtl

Toughest question yet. More attractions in Asia but food services, gorillas in Africa. -- Polynesian Dweller

---
Question #15 asked you to decide between the two Port Orleans resorts. This poll was close all the way. More than once when I took a peek it was in a dead heat. At the end, Port Orleans French Quarter took the competition with about 52% of the 110+ votes. Its pretty safe to say both resorts have their supporters.

I chose FQ, we stayed there last year, and it was perfect. The small size, a great pool, and DH loved the theming, and DD loved Scales. We're planning to go back to FQ next year. -- ibelieveindisneymagic

Riverside is our favorite resort. We stayed there back when it was still Dixie Landings, since then we have tried other resorts (Allstars, Coronado, Etc...) and always go back to Riverside. -- LIGHTNING MC-DAD

really it's a tossup! -- ktfLisa

---
Question #16 took you to the Contemporary Resort and Chef Mickey's. The question: which do you prefer, breakfast at Chef Mickey's, or dinner at Chef Mickey's? I personally was a little surprised at how easily breakfast won, with about 70% of the vote.

I picked breakfast - we like to hit a character meal at least once per trip, but prefer to save our dinner choices for something better. We usually end up at Chef Mickey's at the start of our first full day. -- Spaceship Tigger

You can get breakfast food anywhere. The dinner buffet is so good and the dessert bar is not to be missed. -- avantgardeinker

Wow. tough choice. -- mdricks

---
Question #17 asked you to pick from two of the busiest weeks of the year at Disney World: Easter week and Christmas week. Christmas week easily took this poll, capturing 74% of the vote.

I voted for Christmas week. At least if you have the large crowds you have the Christmas festivities to keep you in the Christmas spirit. I love Christmas and love going during the Christmas season and I

think that would almost balance out the nuisance of the large crowds for me. -- avantgardeinker

I chose Easter. Spring weather is great, and my birthday is in April so sometimes it falls around a week or so of Easter, meaning I could be in Walt Disney World for my birthday! No contest! -- January-2007

Wow! Great (tough) question! -- Figment78

---
Most of the "100 questions" ask you to pick between two choices. Question #18 was a little different in that it asked you to pick between four. This question asked about the various "after-hours" parties at the Magic Kingdom that require a separate admission. The choices were Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party and the Pirate and Princess Party. The fourth option was to select "No party. Keep the Magic Kingdom open to all guests". In a sense, the fourth option almost serves as another question and should be compared against the other three as a whole. Over 125 votes were cast in this poll and about 27% answered No Party. The winner of the poll was MVMCP, picking up 37% of the overall vote and about 51% of those voting for one of the three parties. Second was MNSSHP, with 30% of the overall vote and 41% of those voting for a party. Last was the fairly new Pirate and Princess Party, picking up 6% of the total vote and 9% of those voting for a party.

We love Christmas time and we love the extra magic that goes on at Disney during the Christmas season. The Christmas party is one of our favorite things to do. The snow that falls on Main Street and the special parades and shows are something we look forward to each year. The short lines on the rides are just an added bonus. -- avantgardeinker

I voted for MNSSHP - I love the music and the Headless Horseman, not to mention Pooh & Piglet in their costumes in the Boo to You parade! And then there's the Trick ot Treating - not something I do too much of as an adult (so-called!) -- Tynkerbelle

DW truly believes that she is a princess and she at times thinks that I act somewhat like a pirate so I went with that parrrrrty mates. -- WDWfeelslikehome

Maybe I'm a humbug, but I voted No Party! I prefer to have the MK open for regular hours. The parties mess with the schedule and make planning difficult. -- SBETigg

---
Question #19 asked you to pick between two room configurations that, at least for now, are available only at Wilderness Lodge and Animal Kingdom Lodge. The choice was between a room with two queen beds, or a room with one queen bed and a bunk bed, keeping in mind that a premium is now charged for the bunk bed room. 69% of you chose the room with the two queens.

I voted for the 2 queen beds. I have two girls and I know my little Monkey (3 years old the end of this month) would fight with her 10 year old sister for the top bed and I would not sleep a wink. Believe it or not they still fight with 7 years between them! So they will have to be happy sleeping together in the queen size bed! -- Mom2princesses

I voted for bunks. My children fight too much to sleep together and with DS hitting "that age" it is nice when we get a chance to put them in separate beds. They love the bunks at WL and we have been fortunate enough to get them the two times we have stayed there. I am, however, disappointed that Disney has made these more expensive. -- Mickey91

This is one reason we don't stay AKL/WL. We prefer two queens and a day bed. -- SBETigg

---
Question #20 asked you to pick between the Rainforest Cafe at Downtown Disney Marketplace and the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom. The vote was fairly close with the Animal Kingdom location winning out with 57% of the vote.

Definitely Downtown Disney for us. Just the entire setup is nicer IMO (from outside to inside). Even the little store is a nice touch. -- FriendsofMickey

I think the one at AK is more appropriately placed. After all it is all about animals. The outside is beautiful and really fits the AK theming -- Mickey91

How about a third choice-neither. The food isn't very good. -- jefmblrd

---
Previous reviews:
Questions 1-10 (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=103415)

January-2007
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
:mickey: Thanks for the re-cap. I feel so famous, I'm quoted twice! :thumbsup:

I always look forward to the next question and seeing the results is always fun. Thanks for taking the time to put all of this together! It's just great!

DizneyFreak2002
05-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Thanks for re-capping the questions... This is one time consuming project....

KAT1811
05-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I LOVE these threads! I have to confess I also like being quoted!!! :blush:

Bethanymouse
05-13-2007, 06:29 PM
Thanks for the review! I love this game!:mickey: