PDA

View Full Version : Proposing in the Parks?

cgriff
05-11-2007, 08:17 AM
Anyone here ever propose to your significant other (or be proposed to) in one of the Disney parks? I proposed to my DW 12 years ago, in the middle of Cinderella's Castle breezeway, across from the mosaic mural. Other guests (total strangers) were clapping and smiling. It was a great moment. I've always wondered how others may have proposed in the parks, where they chose to pop the question, and whether Disney cast members might have somehow been involved??? Anyone?

cgriff

Too Excited to Sleep!
05-11-2007, 10:18 AM
My husband proposed to me back in November of 2003. We were watching Wishes in the Rose garden outside the castle, and at the end of the show he got down on one knee and asked. I said yes and we kissed as the last fireworks went off! Everyone around us were clapping and congratulating us.... it was just so fantastic!

Needless to say, every time I see Wishes or even just hear the music I get a little misty-eyed!:cry:

Wolf
05-11-2007, 10:50 AM
I'm really hoping my BF proposes to me in MK. I've hinted about it before and he knows my WDW obsession, lol. Mabye he will catch on. It just sounds so beautiful!

SBETigg
05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
How romantic! What a great place for a proposal. Anywhere in WDW. Unfortunately, we were poor college students at the time. I didn't get him to WDW until our honeymoon, and he was skeptical at that until we arrived. Now he knows.

deltaxi108
05-11-2007, 11:07 AM
I proposed to my fiancee on the beach in front of the yacht and beach club... we are actually getting married too at disney in October!!

kaerbear178
05-11-2007, 11:14 AM
My fiance proposed to me 1/06 at our resort-Coronado Springs. I debated getting married at WDW but I think we are going to get married in San Diego where we live. I did however just book our honeymoon for this December. I can't wait!

battle beast
05-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I would propose on Pirates, or The Storyland Canal Boats (DL), or IASM but I would try to get a boat by myself...

I would propose if I had a girlfriend... :( ...

Figgyluv03
05-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Well, my exfiance proposed to me on my CP when he came to visit. He was going to wait until we had dinner at CRT on our anniversary night, but it happened 5 minutes after we got to the hotel. And DBf won't have anything to do with what my ex did, so Disney's out of the question. Hmmm, maybe I can convince him to get married there! Ha ha.

mook3y
05-11-2007, 01:01 PM
Well, this is a little off-topic, but kind of appropriate.

My sister got married on POTC at DLR. She had figured out exactly how many people could fit on one boat. They sat in the front row, with the minister.

The wedding vows started just before the first drop. They both said "I DO" before the second drop.

:D

mickey&missy
05-11-2007, 01:11 PM
So romantic!!!

We saw a proposal last trip right in front of Cinderella's Castle after Wishes during the Kiss Goodnight. It was soooo sweet!!!

CM~Mserrano
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
My now ex-fiancee proposed to me while I was working at Mission: Space on Christmas eve. I was out in the cast parking lot (lol) where he was picking me up, and he asked me if I wanted to go to the parks that night to see Illuminations. I said I was too tired and didn't want to go, so he did it in the cast parking lot at Epcot, lol. Needless to say, I wasn't too tired anymore so we did end up going to the park that night for the fireworks. Could have been more romantic if I hadn't been so tired, but it was still at disney! Even though we aren't together anymore, it was one of my dreams come true. We even had plans to get married there before things went downhill. He knew how much it meant to me and even though financially we were never doing very well, he had promised that no matter what, we would get married there. Oh well... cest la vie

prttynpnk
05-11-2007, 02:17 PM
My Sweetie proposed as we were leaving Fantasmic- and thats all I'm going to tell you! :mickey:

huzzah4
05-11-2007, 02:25 PM
I proposed to my better half on our last trip. We are both pretty private people, and didn't want a big crowd, so I knew it was not going to be easy at WDW. MGM was closed after Fantasmic, and as everyone was leaving, I said I wanted to get a closer look at the hat in the dark. She said there is no way they would let us over there since everyone was having to leave, so I told her to stay put while I talked to a CM. I told him what I had planned and he said to go ahead. We walked over to the hat and I asked her (she said yes). As we walked back, the Cm who originally gave us permission asked how it went and when I told him that she accepted he congratulated us and wished us luck. I know it is not the huge romantic gesture that some people want, but it was appropriate for us and our lifestyle. Besides, since we were the only ones who got to go over there, it was a little like we were getting away with something that no one else in the park got to do, which made it all the more special.

baby minnie's mommy
05-11-2007, 03:27 PM
My husband proposed to me in front of the castle! :cloud9: Afterwards we walked around and talked. I was so excited I didn't even pay attention to my surroundings. We wound up at Cosmic Rays for supper, and while there we called our family to tell them the news!

jenperich
05-11-2007, 04:03 PM
My DBF and I are going to the World at the end of November and I am sincerely hoping that it happens then. But, we'll see. :blush:

FantasmicJ
05-11-2007, 07:05 PM
I proposed to my wife at the MK. We were actually there with my parents for MVMCP. I didn't want them to be there (they didn't know I was going to propose), nor did I want a large crowd around. Luckily, my parents wanted to do some shopping before the party was done, and so I asked my fiance if she wanted to ride the Carousel as my parents shopped. So, as we were making our way to the carousel for our ride, we walked by Cinderella's wishing well to the side of the castle. This was lucky for me because I still hadn't figured out exactly what I was going to do. I pulled her over there by the well, using the excuse that I wanted to be alone with her. I waited for a time when there weren't a lot of people walking by and proposed to her and she said yes. We met up with my parents after it happened and they were so surprised and excited. My mom kept gushing do people on the bus back to POR that we had just gotten engaged at the park.

By the way, my wife still hasn't forgiven me for missing that ride on the carousel. ;)

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 11:10 PM
:hug:Maybe my DH will read this and get ideas for a 25th anniversary proposal and vow renewal:mickey: :mickey: !

:joy: :woohoo: It's my 300th post!!!:joy:

magicgal
05-12-2007, 04:25 PM
My DBF proposed to me this past Feb. during Wishes. It was perfect! :cloud9: No CM's were involved.

LoriMistress
05-12-2007, 06:51 PM
Well, this is a little off-topic, but kind of appropriate.

My sister got married on POTC at DLR. She had figured out exactly how many people could fit on one boat. They sat in the front row, with the minister.

The wedding vows started just before the first drop. They both said "I DO" before the second drop.

:D

That's an interesting way to get married. That wedding would stand out with others.

LoriMistress
05-12-2007, 06:56 PM
My DH didn't propose to me at WDW or DLR, but he did tell me that he thought of planning a trip to DLR and propose to me at POTC after the first drop. But we had to cancel our trip; so DH proposed to me at San Fransisco instread. We had our honeymoon at WDW.

angedeaile
05-13-2007, 12:18 AM
I'm really hoping my BF proposes to me in MK. I've hinted about it before and he knows my WDW obsession, lol. Mabye he will catch on. It just sounds so beautiful!

*sigh* There is nothing as beautiful and romantic as admitting your love at one of the most loved places on earth. I know it has been a dream of mine since I can remember.

I have been working on my live in boyfriend of five years for a while...no signs of breaking.

I don't know why he hesitates. He knows I plan on drugging and dragging him to Vegas in 2010 and marrying him. Atleast he can do is propose beforehand...:thedolls:

Makusu
05-13-2007, 01:41 AM
Aww...these are some romantic stories. I want to propose at MK someday. :blush:

WDW_Obsessed
05-13-2007, 08:21 AM
My fiancee proposed to me at my favorite resturaunt (LeCelair) on August 17th last year. He worked with the CM's there for a while prior to our trip and everyone in the resturaunt knew about it except me. He had given my camera to the manager and when he announced (rather loudly) that we were ordering dessert, the manager came out and I realized all the CM;s were gathered around us. This realization only made sense a moment later when he got down on one knee. Everyone in the resturaunt went crazy when I said yes, and they popped champagne for everone and brought us this amazing cake with congratulations written on it and a beautiful gold cindarella's castle airbrushed on it. They comped our meal (OMG!) and walked us out to a special place to watch illuminations all by ourselves with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. :cloud9: We're getting married this August 17th...:thumbsup:

LoriMistress
05-14-2007, 09:28 PM
My fiancee proposed to me at my favorite resturaunt (LeCelair) on August 17th last year. He worked with the CM's there for a while prior to our trip and everyone in the resturaunt knew about it except me. He had given my camera to the manager and when he announced (rather loudly) that we were ordering dessert, the manager came out and I realized all the CM;s were gathered around us. This realization only made sense a moment later when he got down on one knee. Everyone in the resturaunt went crazy when I said yes, and they popped champagne for everone and brought us this amazing cake with congratulations written on it and a beautiful gold cindarella's castle airbrushed on it. They comped our meal (OMG!) and walked us out to a special place to watch illuminations all by ourselves with champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries. :cloud9: We're getting married this August 17th...:thumbsup:

That is a wonderful story. Thanks for sharing!

lilmattie13
05-14-2007, 10:27 PM
My story is a little different.

My husband and I went to WDW in 2000 and we had been joking about what it would be like to get engaged there being the millenium and all.

He didnt have the money for a real engagement ring at that time so what he did was he purchased the cutest little silver ring at one of the gift shops. It had a fake mickey diamond in the middle and two blue stones and fake diamonds on the sides. It was the cutest thing.

We watched the parade on Main St and he got me a chair to stand on right outside of the ice cream parlor so I could see. He is much taller than me so he didnt need a chair to see. Well, he was lower than me and after the parade passed he looked up and gave me the ring and asked me to promise that I would marry him lol

It was the most romantic thing. I wore that ring until I got my real engagement ring a few months later, which also had the diamond in the middle with diamonds and sapphires (blue stones) on either side lol

I still have the ring, even with all the stones missing lol

We went to WDW for our honeymoon and a couple of times since. On our last trip, two months after my daughter was born, we went on a family trip and he purchased another brand new ring like my origninal mickey one.

The running joke now, is for him to take it a jewler and have it replicated with real gold and real stones lol $$$$

Hey we will see, he has made my fairytale come true so far and we are on year 8 together.

We are heading to WDW, staying at POR in Sept, both for my birthday and our anniversary so we will see what he does then.

I am so lucky lol :cloud9:

manda2580
05-15-2007, 10:14 AM
HI everyone!
My husband proposed to me while we were in Disney World for my 25th birthday. We had just finished watching Wishes, and the crowds had died down. My husband suggested that we find someone to take our picture infront of the castle. So I went and stood by the castle, and my husband found a very nice stranger to take our picture. When my husband came back over to me he got down on his knee and proposed. The very nice stranger took a great picture of the whole event:blush: And course I had to get married in Disney World! So a little over a year later we were tying the knot in EPCOT:mickey:

prttynpnk
05-15-2007, 10:48 AM
I am so lucky lol :cloud9:
I believe you truly are!

4ubie1
05-15-2007, 11:07 AM
My boyfriend knows how WDW :crazy: i am and i am planning a trip for next January sssooo i am hoping ,if he is interested in spending "happily ever after" with me, he will make it known down in WDW. That would be MY dream come true :tink:

Minniemouse27
05-17-2007, 01:03 PM
My now dh and I were engaged at WDW. It is one of my favorite places so he planned to give me my ring there ... but had NO plan on how he was going to do it at all.

The short story is that he gave it to me at Cinderella's Wishing Well which is just to the right of the castle, between it and Tomorrowland. It was an absolutely perfect moment and we go back there every visit. :heart:

The longer version is that he had no clue where he could give me the ring.
He knew my preference to NOT be on a huge public display so he was searching for somewhere quiet and out of the way.

We started the day at MGM for a few hours and then made our way over to MK. It had been 10yrs since I'd been to MK and I got all teary when I saw the castle across the lagoon as we were standing at the dock waiting for the ferry. He knew at that moment that he HAD to propose to me somwhere in MK.

We went up Main Street and then walked around aimlessly, finally came upon Belle's story area. Dh told me he was tired and needed to sit down a while (even though we had just gotten to the park??). I looked around and saw that it was for Belle's storytelling and told him I didn't think we were allowed to hang out there

So we walked down the walk a bit more and came across the wishing well. I suggested we sit there... dh looked around, saw that it was deserted, and agreed. First he asked me if I wanted to make a wish... which I did, so he gave me a penny.. while I was asking why the well was Cinderella's and not Snow Whites. I leaned over the well to toss the penny and discovered that there was little to no water and complained about that for a bit.

I turned around and there was dh on one knee w/ my engagement ring... and he asked, "Is this what you wished for?" :heart:

So even though I was a huge PITA, he asked me anyway. We've been married 6.5yrs and have two kids that are as addicted to Mickey as their mom is. :mickey:

Later that night we had dinner at CRT w/ dh's mom and stepdad. There were 2 or 3 engagements during dessert...and our waiter shared w/ us that they used to allow Cinderella to present the ring but some guy that had only been dating his girlfriend for about 3wks used Cindy to propose and she said no... and started a HUGE scene. After that they don't allow characters to be involved in the actual proposal!

SamG
05-18-2007, 07:39 AM
I did it. My parents and grandmother were at MGM, and my GF and I left them (there's something I had to get at MK). I remember on the ferry ride from TTC making sure she stood on my right (the ring was in my left pocket.

We got to the front of the castle, I got down on one knee and proposed. (She said yes). I vagualy remember some clapping. We went back to MGM to meet the family (mom & dad knew, GM didn't).

jefmblrd
05-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I proposed to my wife on the balcony of the Beach Club overlooking Spaceship Earth.

LittleD
05-18-2007, 08:49 AM
My DW and I were at Illuminations a couple of years ago when a group of college kids were near us. One of the guys dropped to his knee and proposed to the girl next to him. It made both DW and I happy to celebrate with the couple.

WDWFREAK101
05-18-2007, 05:42 PM
There are Perfect, Magical moments that you will always remember, and there are bad moments that you don't want to do.

For instance, I proposed to My Wife by going on top of Astro Orbiter (MK) While "Wishes" (Fireworks) Were going off. It was Magical as can be. Plus we even got a free ride after the Fireworks.

Now the bad things. NEVER propose in front of Cast Members. They don't want to see your face if you are rejected. Same with any place where people are watching you.

Its your decision :thumbsup:

Good Luck

MikenSarah
05-19-2007, 03:26 PM
I proposed to my wife right before the start of the the Dreams come true parade. The disney photographer was taking pictures and I asked my wife(soon to be) if she wanted to get our picture taken. She said yes so I asked the photographer if we could get our photo taken. I told him that i was actually going to propose to her and he said awesome I will take alot of pictures. Well as he told us to get ready I got down on my knees and proposed to her and luckily she said yes. We have several great pictures of the proposal with the castle directly behind us.