PDA

View Full Version : What do you do with your character photos and autographs?

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 12:16 AM
Okay, I thought it would be fun to see what you guys did with all your photos and autographs!!

We usually let each of the kids get a photo autograph book. Then we get a regular autograph book. We allow every character we see to sign even if we have duplicates from the same trip. When we have our photos developed, we put the corresponding autograph with the right pic in each of the kids' books. We then cut out the other autographs and put them in an album with two spaces per page. The pic goes on top and the auto on the bottom. We then label them by year in the margin. We have quite a collection now. It is also fun to see how the kids have changed from year to year!

Have fun with this one!!! :mickey:

Blue Genie
05-11-2007, 02:06 AM
I have my photo in a 4x6 photo album that hold about 200 photos. My first autograph book I did a big boo boo on it. I took them out of the book wish I shouldn't done but my sceond autograph book I have I still have in my fanty bag when I go to Disneyland. My photo album is almost full I only have room for 13 more pictures then it's full. As for my 5x7 & 8x10 photos what I do is for a wild I would put them in a fram and put them on my wall. Then when I'm done seeing them on there I put them in a 8x10 photo album. One of my pictures I got which is of Snow White I had blow it up into a 12x16 poster and I have that on my wall as we speak. The reason why I did that is. 1. She is the Snow White that has know me every time I see her at Disneyland and 2. Because it is one of my favorite postes she is in.

conorsmom2000
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
Well, I just started scrapbooking, so most of my photos will go into a book for each trip. Conor's first autograph book went into his "baby box" where I save all his important stuff. His second autograph book, I plan to scan the autographs, then cut them out and use them in the scrapbook along with photos of the character! :mickey: :thumbsup:

joanna71985
05-11-2007, 09:36 AM
Last year I had the characters autograph index cards. I then took a photo album with 2 slots per side. I put the photo on top, and the card below.

This year is a little different. I had a template with clipart that I printed out onto cardstock. I have a card (with a picture) for the characters. It should be fun. I haven't decided what I am going to do with the cards when I am done. I am either going to bind them, or put them in an album.

tinksmom02
05-12-2007, 09:44 PM
We got DD a regular autograph book and had the characters sign on the right side of the page. When we got home I added the corresponding pic on the left side.

It worked out pretty well. She got the whole book filled up (over 50 autographs)!

PNWmom
05-12-2007, 11:10 PM
We take three small spiral albums, one for each child and one for me. After the trip I take mine apart and put the autograph in the big scrapbook along with the character photograph and the corresponding pressed penny. Makes for wonderful and easy scrapbook pages.

PrincessEmmasMommy
05-13-2007, 08:01 AM
We have the ones with picture spots too, so we took pics of DD with the characters while signing her book and put it together for her. She still looks at them from time to time. They also made a great way for her to share her trip with her daycare class and friends. She is so proud.
**Tip: You have to tape the pics into the book or they will fall out.
Enjoy!
Jen

Noah's Helper
05-14-2007, 10:47 PM
We got DD a regular autograph book and had the characters sign on the right side of the page. When we got home I added the corresponding pic on the left side.

We do that too.

I have also scanned the autographs and used a photo editor to add them to pictures of the characters. Then I had 8x10's printed and framed for the kids' rooms.

Buzz and Woody (http://home.hiwaay.net/~btdarby/wdw_2003/Buzz_Woody_autograph.jpg)
Princess Jasmine (http://home.hiwaay.net/~btdarby/wdw_2003/Jasmine_autograph.jpg)

(For those of you who are familiar with Photoshop layers, the "multiply" layer mode works well for this.)

Hayden's Dad
05-15-2007, 01:04 PM
My DW had an awesome idea that we did last week while we were down there. She took eight and a half by eleven inch card stock sheets of paper and told the characters to use as much space as they wanted. The characters seemed to enjoy having the extra space to add little extra things. The ones that were not able to use much room we are going to cut out and past to mats in photo frames with pictures of our son or the character photos, the other nicer ones we are going to frame individually. It worked great.

Mickey91
05-17-2007, 11:27 AM
Wow! You guys have some great ideas!! We might have to incorporate some into our vacation this year!!:mickey:

kim1st
05-27-2007, 08:05 AM
I bit off a little more than I could chew with the autograph books for our 10/2006 trip...but once I finish it, we'll have pretty spectacular souvenirs.

I used 8 x 8 Disney themed scrapbook and pre-made scrapbook pages corresponding to characters that I was pretty sure we would see based on the character dining we set up (of course - we ended up not getting Minnie or Mulan - which was a risk I took).

I used Disney-themed paper and cool fancy stickers of the different characters to decorate the pages.

Then I had the character sign the "autograph" page with the intention of mounting the corresponding photographs on the opposite page. (I'll do it - I really will!)

For the characters that I didn't pre-fab pages for, I'll go ahead & scan the autograph and print it out on either vellum or cardstock for those scrapbook pages.

Pros - a lot of the characters made a big deal out of having a special page to sign, and the books will be gorgeous once I finish them. They were also able to sign "larger" because they had more room on the page.

Cons - Even the 8X8 pages were a little bulky to try to carry around. I didn't realize just how many autographs we would be collecting!!!! Even for the few characters I did plan on, this was a lot of work. (Plus - I did it in duplicate - one for each DD) I think just doing a straight up autograph book and scanning the autographs later would offer more flexibility.