PDA

View Full Version : Character Dining for 25 year-olds

jenperich
05-11-2007, 12:03 AM
Looking for some guidance...as I will be in the coming months...this is my first time actually planning a trip. My boyfriend and I are going to the World during the last week of November. He would like to go to a character breakfast. Does anyone know of one that's good for 20-30 year-olds? I'm not sure that I'm willing to waste a table-service meal on breakfast, especially knowing how expensive table-service dinners are. Thanks, in advance, for your help! :eat:

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 12:45 AM
Chef Mickeys for breakfast. Pay out of pocket. Then hit Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. All the character meals are for the kid at heart!:mickey:

BritCody
05-11-2007, 07:01 AM
We have eaten at 1900 Park Fare, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace & Ohana's for Character Breakfasts and and enjoyed them all. You can't go wrong with any of them. In determining what restaurant to pick it comes down to do you want a buffet or family style service? What Characters do you prefer? and lastly what are your plans for the rest of the day? What location will be more convenient for you.

As for the age thing, Disney is a place where everybody is a kid no matter the age. My father is in his later 70's and he always has to have his picture with Donald Duck at Chef Mickey's. Just Enjoy yourself!!!!

grego77
05-11-2007, 07:31 AM
This 23-year old LOVES Garden Grill at Epcot. I have never felt awkward there at all. Also, as a planet-saving just-out-of-college liberal, I love the fact that a lot of the food they serve comes directly from the organic greenhouse, which is situated next to the restuarant (which revolves btw). YUMMMM! :mickey:

I've also been to Liberty Tree Tavern at Magic Kingdom. It's also good, but Garden Grill is better foodwise in my opinion.

MissStyles
05-11-2007, 07:49 AM
Crystal Palace gets my vote. The food, service and atmosphere are excellent. My DBF and I have been there a bunch of times and we're in ours 20s....it's always been a blast! Don't worry about feeling too old, everyone's a kid in Disney. :mickey: :mickey: :mickey:

I would however recommend paying for it instead of using a TS credit. That way you can use the credit somewhere else and get the most value. :thumbsup:

allie_to_you
05-11-2007, 08:39 AM
I am 29 and my DH is 36 and we both love character meals. I guess it's just the kid in us, but any character meal can be fun if you have a kid somewhere inside you.

We have tried CP (lunch buffet), Cape May (B'fast buffet) & 1900 Park Fare (b'fast buffet & all were great. This year, we look forward to trying Chef Mickey's for b'fast as well!

Whatever you do, have fun & go to the character meals with a good attitude, planning to have fun and just get caught up in the magic.

disneydrmr
05-11-2007, 09:10 AM
I went last December with my sister and my best friend. We are all in our mid-upper 30's... we really enjoyed 'Ohana. They serve you so you don't have to get up to go to a buffet. We also loved Crystal Palace... either of those I guarentee you will enjoy! And as others have said.. pay for this out of pocket then use the TS for your dinner.

GreenBeetle
05-11-2007, 09:35 AM
Chef Mickeys for breakfast. Pay out of pocket. Then hit Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. All the character meals are for the kid at heart!:mickey:

:ditto: My feelings exactly . . . love those two character meals!

Nicki'sMom
05-11-2007, 11:20 AM
You didn't mention where you are staying. I like to go to character dining on the monorail. Ohana's, Chef Mickey's, 1900 PF. I think the food tastes better at the resort restaurants personally so if you are doing just one, try to do it on a free morning when you don't have to rush and eat at a resort restaurant.

Figgyluv03
05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
The next time I go down to the world, I'll be 27 and DBf if is going to be 32 and I have about three characters meals that I want to go to and your never to old for any of them!

Aggie97
05-11-2007, 01:21 PM
My husband and I have tried several character meals and have had fun at all of them. The food is okay, but we're really going for the photo ops. :) Our favorite is Chef Mickey's, followed by 1900 Park Fare.

LandFan
05-12-2007, 07:46 PM
We like Liberty Tree Tavern and the Garden Grill at Epcot:thumbsup: but we aren't breakfast people (DH is allergic to eggs and the preservatives in pastries things) so we do dinners or lunches instead.

:mickey:

snifflesmcg
05-12-2007, 07:53 PM
Last year my BF and I didn't do any character meals and he seemed a little disappointed. This year we are going to have the Crystal Palace and Ohanas (I THINK that's a character meal). We are 28 and 29. Enjoy your trip!!

tinksmom02
05-12-2007, 09:24 PM
This year we are going to have the Crystal Palace and Ohanas (I THINK that's a character meal). We are 28 and 29. Enjoy your trip!!

Ohana's is a character meal for breakfast.

snifflesmcg
05-12-2007, 09:33 PM
Oh thank you for that. I am actually having that for dinner (not such a morning person :alarm: ). I'm sure it'll be a good time either way.

Crow
05-12-2007, 11:24 PM
im trying my first character meal this trip
in my 40s, solo trip.
Akershus-princesses:cool:
im using a TS credit for dinner

GrmGrninGost
05-12-2007, 11:33 PM
I would definitely pay for breakfast out of pocket. I think any of the character breakfasts are great!! My fave is Chef Mickeys:mickey: , it can be a little loud, but the characters are great! As long as you go with the idea of having fun, I am positive that you will!!:party:

minnie-mouse
05-15-2007, 09:23 AM
Chef Mickey's is great, lots of food to choose from. Character intercation is great. My DH and I went for our honeymoon and he got jealous of Chip and Dale because they kept coming by pulling on my hair and hugging me, it was pretty funny! You're never too old for a character breakfast!

garymacd
05-15-2007, 10:05 AM
This (almost) 50 year-old kid and his 48 year-old (hee-hee) child bride love Crystal Palace. I am a sucker for Eeyore anyway. We always try to go there.

Only eight days to go!

angedeaile
05-15-2007, 01:19 PM
Well...there are two steps you need to take to decide.

Are there any specific characters you enjoy more so than others?

Under InfoCentral, there is a list of all the places where you can find certain characters.
I am a huge fan of Chip, so Garden Grill is a must for me.

So your first step is to narrow down your choices based on characters.

Your second step is to look at the menu's under InfoCentral. No sense in going somewhere you won't enjoy the food.

So, it all depends on who you guys want to see and what you guys like to eat!

xipetotec
05-15-2007, 01:49 PM
Looking for some guidance...as I will be in the coming months...this is my first time actually planning a trip. My boyfriend and I are going to the World during the last week of November. He would like to go to a character breakfast. Does anyone know of one that's good for 20-30 year-olds? I'm not sure that I'm willing to waste a table-service meal on breakfast, especially knowing how expensive table-service dinners are. Thanks, in advance, for your help! :eat:

Hey it also depends on what characters you LIKE.

DW and I went down for her 30th ( and we left the kids behind ha ha -- long story ). And while we were there, we ate at the Crystal Palace. *mostly* because we were in the MK that day, but also, we had never seen Eeyore before and he's one of her favorites. All that to say, you might want to plan something where your favorite characters are... because you're never too old :D

LoriMistress
05-15-2007, 08:27 PM
I love character meals! DH and I did this on our honeymoon when we were 23. And we're planning to go to several character meals on our upcoming trip in December.