PDA

View Full Version : Longest line you've ever waited in?

Inkdrainer
05-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I love reading these boards! Everybody is so friendly here, I thought I might join :mickey:

Anyway, what is the longest line you've ever waited in at WDW and what ride/attraction was it?

In June of '06, my mother and I waited over 2 hours for Soarin' one afternon. Naturally it was worth it and we ended up doing it many times after that. I actually remember that same night there was EMH and the lines only progressed for Soarin'. It was over a 2 1/2 hour wait, but the crowd seemed to be having a great time with each other, and not growing the least bit restless.

Marker
05-10-2007, 08:09 PM
At WDW I don't think I've ever stood in line for more than an 60 or 70 minutes, at various rides. Anything beyond that I usually just pass by. In fact if it more than 45 I give it extra consideration.

But the longest line I've EVER waited in was when Harry Truman died and we waited in line to walk past the casket. We waited a little over 4 hours.

jodijo
05-10-2007, 08:36 PM
We waited 90 minutes in line for Space Mountain. It was broken down every time we tried to ride it. So, it was finally working on our last night and we waited.

The longest line I have seen was Soarin' at 300 minutes. I asked a cast member if people were really waiting 5 hours for the ride. She said yes! That's just crazy!

GrmGrninGost
05-10-2007, 08:47 PM
I won't wait longer than 30 minutes. Hey, that's what FastPasses are for!!:mickey:

Jared
05-10-2007, 08:48 PM
I rarely wait in long lines, but my brother and I waited for nearly an hour for Soarin' in February 2006.

I was so excited for the ride after reading so many amazing reviews on these boards that I was willing to wait however long it took.

Speedy1998
05-10-2007, 08:50 PM
If you count the time that I was about to get on Space Mountain when it broke, so I decide to wait for them to fix it (it was really hot outside that day), then the longest wait I have ever had was 2 hours. Usually if the wait is more than 45 minutes I will not ride. I have been enough that I do not get too upset if I miss something. I know I will get to do it the next time.

Pirate Granny
05-10-2007, 08:51 PM
I've waited 90 minutes for Splash Mountain in the heat...it broke down after an hour in line and we were already inside the 'cave' part waiting line...and they didn't have fast passes then, so if you got out of line you didn't get any benefit...It was worth the wait...but never again... :pirate:

Figment!
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
135 minutes for Splash Mountain about 18 months after it had opened.

This was before the age of the FastPass ;)

celebrationasheley
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
About 3.5 hours, first month of AK opening. Waiting in line for countdown to extinction. YUCK WHAT A WAIT!

kadesha
05-10-2007, 09:00 PM
We waited 2 hours, yes 2 hours, to meet the princesses in Toontown last August. This year we're having lunch at the castle to avoid doing this again!

indytraveler
05-10-2007, 10:02 PM
Before Fast Pass, Peter Pan's Flight 75 min. will only ride this ride w/ FP now. 45 min last trip for the Indy Car experience in MK. That's my limit ... 45 min.

mook3y
05-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Ok, so these were at Disneyland, but still kind of counts doesnt it?

I have waited in line for over 5 hours once for the grand opening of Captain Eo. Star Tours was over 4 hours. The lines zig zagged all over tomorrowland and all the way down main street to the front gate

For Captain Eo you got a T-shirt when you saw the movie. For Star Tours you got a wrist watch. That was the main reason I waited in line.

:blush: I waited in line for Eo 3 times for the shirts the other 2 times were only around 3 hours. It wasnt too bad, there was a group of us Disney geeks (good thing) that all went together.

Indianna Jones had over a 4 hour wait on opening weekend too! But, I had rode that at an annual passholders sneak preview and avoided that line!
But yes, I am all about the fast passes and going off season!!!! :D

hubbyofadisneyholic
05-10-2007, 10:35 PM
When my wife & I made our 1st visit to WDW back in Dec. 1985 (way before Fast Passes) we waited in line 3 hrs for quite a few attractions. We had to be crazy going between Christmas and New Year's...;)

disneymom2000
05-10-2007, 10:49 PM
The longest line I had ever decided on was the summer when the Tower of Terror opened. We waited over 2 hours. It was incredibly hot. I think my son wound up riding it three times that visit.

CandleontheWater
05-10-2007, 11:13 PM
We waited for almost 3 hours for
20K during Easter week '86. I think we were crazy, but I'm glad that I did get to ride 20K as much as I did since its now extinct!

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 11:30 PM
I don't think we have been in line more than 45 min. That was Peter Pan and the line at the time said it was 20. There are only about 3 rides I would wait a long time in line for. I will use the fast pass or come back another day of the trip. If it was the last day and I still had not ridden Soarin' I would have to wait as long as it took. Probably by myself as my DH is shaking his head.:mickey:

Pipalotta
05-10-2007, 11:32 PM
For some reason we once waited in line at Ariel's Grotto for like an hour. The line never even moved, I think when we got in like it was moving but then she must have taken a break some where in there!! It was annoying!

mttafire
05-10-2007, 11:59 PM
The most we ever waited was 45 minutes for Space M. That was LONG ago, In 95 i believe. We always go to Disney in Sept. or May, You cant beat the lines. On average we wait no more that 20 minutes for anything..Most of the time its less.:thumbsup:

Wolf
05-11-2007, 12:39 AM
We waited 2.5 hours for EE last Oct. I wouldnt have waited I dont think (cause they scare me) But moma really wanted to ride it.

Longest I waited for anything was like 5 hours at one of the Harry Potter prerelease things. (I'm a nerd I cant help it!)

prttynpnk
05-11-2007, 07:01 AM
But the longest line I've EVER waited in was when Harry Truman died and we waited in line to walk past the casket. We waited a little over 4 hours.
But how was the queue theming? Any hidden Trumans? :blush:

BritCody
05-11-2007, 07:14 AM
In July two years ago during Extra Magic Hours we waited 90 minutes for Peter Pan.

disneynarula
05-11-2007, 08:16 AM
I waited for two hours to ride ToT when it first opened. That was before FP. I was with my seven year old cousin and she refused to ride because the pre show scared her. She screamed all the way to the chicken exit even though I told her she would not have to ride. She is a little bit of a brat. I couldn't ride either because I knew my mother would kill me if I left her alone. The next morning I took a resort bus to MgM by myself and hopped right on the ride.

By the way... I did not want to take her to begin with. I was sure she would be scared because the Haunted Mansion freaked her out.

Anyway... other than that I never thought it was worth it to wait in line. I am so thankful for FP and value season.

c&d
05-11-2007, 10:03 AM
We waited over 2 hours for Splash back in '98. The sign said 45 min from this point but apparently that was incorrect. Something must have shut down the ride because the line just barely moved.

mimi78
05-11-2007, 10:07 AM
Back in the mid-90's before Fast Pass, we waited over 2.5 hours to ride Splash Mountain in the August humidity. The line was so long that it zigzagged through that outdoor area before the stairs all the way outside of the gate. I honestly don't know how we did it! The line was routinely that long throughout our entire trip that week and we waited multiple times. I should all though that one of those times was when Princess Di and William and Harry where on and the line was stopped for a while so they could ride. Pretty cool though because we were close enough to the front that we actually got to see them.

Belle619
05-11-2007, 10:14 AM
I have to say that we've been pretty lucky because we go in the off season and with FP's there usually isn't much of a wait.

However, last year on our first trip to DLR, we decided to go on Storybook Land boat ride. It looked cute and there were a lot of people in line so we figured we'd be misssing something good if we didn't ride. We waited 45 min. - the longest I've ever waited for any ride!!! And because we were two adults, the ride wasn't as much fun for us as it would be for kids, to say the least!

4ubie1
05-11-2007, 10:20 AM
Usually if the wait time is over 30min, i just walk on by but I did wait longer than that for POTC :pirate: the last time I went with my parents. It is my mom's favorite ride and the queue area was nice and cool :cloud9:

I try to get Fastpasses for any of the major attractions that i know will have longer waits on them. Otherwise, I just save the ride for next time..another excuse to come back to WDW never hurt :D

emmatink
05-11-2007, 11:01 AM
We waited over 2 hours for the Safari in AK with my 8 month old in tow. It was very frustrating because the line is wide and people would just push their way through without any consideration for others. I wish they had designed the lines better so that everyone had to take their turn. At least my daughter got to take a nice long nap before the ride. We went the week between Christmas and New Year's and it was very busy. That is the only ride we got to ride that day. :pout:

kaerbear178
05-11-2007, 11:21 AM
When I was at MK over MLK weeked the posted time for Peter Pan was 20 minutes so we decided to go on. Actual wait time was about 85 min. I think thats the longest I have waited.

poeticeclipse
05-11-2007, 11:54 AM
In June of '06, my mother and I waited over 2 hours for Soarin' one afternon. Naturally it was worth it and we ended up doing it many times after that. I actually remember that same night there was EMH and the lines only progressed for Soarin'. It was over a 2 1/2 hour wait, but the crowd seemed to be having a great time with each other, and not growing the least bit restless.

Was this maybe the first or second week of june? probably the... 11th? haha. We had the same wait time and when people were walking back out of the line during EMH evenings saying "2 and a half hours... no way!" we walked out.

KylesMom
05-11-2007, 12:08 PM
The longest we've waited at Disney World wasn't even a ride - we utilize a.m. EMH and FastPass for anything more than 20 minutes - but for Star Wars Weekends we waited almost 2 1/2 hours for the collectible pins a few years ago. This was when they still had them in Tattoine Traders instead of up at Indy Jones or Wickett's Warehouse.

This year we have a plan - if the line is THAT long, we're bypassing it!:mickey:

jrpersinger
05-11-2007, 12:14 PM
We stood in line for over a hour to ride Peter Pans Flight on New Years Day 2005. Fast Pass was sold out... Only for my DD to decide she didn't want to ride it anymore and wanted to ride Dumbo instead. Amazingly, we walked on Dumbo with no wait and Wishes started while we were on. Talk about a ride with a few!

Now the longest line I have ever stood in was for Raptur at Cedar Point. We stood in line for like 4 h ours on the day it opened. Can't say I will ever wait in a line that long again!

lightyearfan
05-11-2007, 12:39 PM
well for us it was when we went on splash mtn, back in 95, it was our first time at WDW so we really didn't know how to attack the parks, so we went over and said to each other, this shouldn't take long. well after 2 1/2 hours later we were finally sitting in our log , although we waited for so long the ride more than made up for it, now with fastpass we kind of get a laugh about it as we see the long lines and now we're able to practically walk right on

Victor

Figgyluv03
05-11-2007, 12:43 PM
An hour waiting for a bus or a boat at the end of the day after MK closed.

bleukarma
05-11-2007, 12:55 PM
A few years ago I went with my parents and my niece and two nephews and we decided to get on Test Track because the line was posted for only 30 minutes. Along the way it must’ve broke because the line stopped moving and it turned out to be more like two hours. They never made an announcement and my dad actually called Disney information to find out what was going on. I think they told him that they don’t have it listed as being broke but my dad informed them that we haven’t moved for the past hour. And my nieces and nephews were getting cranky, hungry, tired and started doubting whether they wanted to go on the ride or not. Crazy!!!

The longest “line” I’ve ever waited in was 12 hours in the ER when I took my aunt a few weeks ago. Even with chest pains we still spent 6 hours waiting in the waiting room and 6 hours waiting in the back. At least we had chairs and beds for that one!

bratmaster
05-11-2007, 02:02 PM
12 hours in the ER with chest pains??!! that is insane - are they just waiting for you to drop dead or what??
Anyhow, we only went once, in october 2004. we chose october because it is supposedly off season. Haha. most lines were 30 minutes, and splash was at one point 90 min. Never again going in october. I also recall waiting an incredibly long time in line to see peter pan. I didn't time it, but i'm sure it was about 45 minutes or so. all in october.

Seasonscraps
05-11-2007, 02:47 PM
I think my longest wait was about 80-90 minutes - it's a toss up between Tower of Terror (pre-Fast Pass) or Splash Mountain (ride breakdown or wildly incorrect wait time posted).

disneymom15
05-11-2007, 02:57 PM
The year that Test Track opened, we waited about 2 1/2 hours to get on. Just as we reached the turnstile, the ride broke down. We were so dissapointed.

Dicecatt262
05-11-2007, 03:04 PM
40 minutes on Jungle Cruise, wait time posted at 20 minutes. 35 minutes for RNRW with a Fast pass...I think the ride must have stopped because right before my DH went in about 10. That is it...since the age of fast pass, we haven't waited for longer than 20 minutes for anything, including Soarin...but then, we just started bringing our family to WDW in 2004.

2Epcot
05-11-2007, 03:38 PM
Ok, so these were at Disneyland, but still kind of counts doesnt it?

I have waited in line for over 5 hours once for the grand opening of Captain Eo. Star Tours was over 4 hours. The lines zig zagged all over tomorrowland and all the way down main street to the front gate.

Indianna Jones had over a 4 hour wait on opening weekend too! But, I had rode that at an annual passholders sneak preview and avoided that line!

We must have got lucky those days. I was at the Opening Ceremony for Star Tours, and we got in less then 2 hours .... Though, we were close to attraction and stage where Eisner, Lucas and Katzenberg were. I was also at Disneyland the day they opened Indiana Jones to the public ... The wait was also about 2 hours for us. The line left Adventure line, out to the hub, and into Frontierland. We were expecting a much longer wait, but were surprised how fast it moved. Both of those were my longest waits for rides at any of the parks.

castlelady36
05-11-2007, 04:11 PM
Before FP about 3 hours to ride SM. After FP 30 minutes maximum as we never wait in the stand by line if it says more than 30 mins.

tink36
05-11-2007, 05:07 PM
The longest I've waited to ride anything at Disney was 3 hours each for Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Tower of Terror. It was the week between Christmas and New Year's. Never again!! I'm not much for waiting in lines. Thank goodness for FP and EMH. They are lifesavers for me! :girl:

dumbo ears
05-11-2007, 05:33 PM
I waited for about 50 minutes. in the peter pan queue. It wasn't as long as most other people's longest wait but this wait felt like it was never gonna end. All I can say, good thing PP was good.

DakotaDisney
05-11-2007, 06:02 PM
I was just there in Feb. '07 and I didn't have to wait in very many long lines and I only used fast pass a couple times. One of the things that helped me was that I was there by myself.
The longest line I stood in over 6 days was at the Peter Pan ride. I don't remember how long it was, but I couldn't believe how long it took.
It was a fun ride, but the other more popular rides I went on had much shorter lines.

Inkdrainer
05-12-2007, 11:34 PM
Whoa....300 minutes for Soarin'? That must have been right after it opened! Some of those are just crazy! But with Disney, it's worth the wait!

snifflesmcg
05-13-2007, 12:00 AM
I don't remember much about going as a kid but my parents took us in July (4th of July week at that)1988 and June 1989 (right after the grand opening of MGM and the lines were endless. I can't exactly say how long. When I returned as an adult....the date was Sept 17, 2001:( and as all of you know, no planes were flying so lines didn't exist. I haven't waited more than 45 min for any ride since then. I never go on peak seasons for this reason.

TheRustyScupper
05-13-2007, 09:55 AM
1) We won't more than 20-minutes for a ride.
2) However, we did get caught twice.

3) We got in line for Jungle Cruise and it took almost 50-minutes.
4) We used Fast Pass for Soarin' and it took us 40-minutes due to breakdowns.

LudwigVonDrake
05-13-2007, 11:37 AM
In 1994, pre Fast Pass, I waited 2 hours for Space Mountain. Looking back, I have no idea why :mickey: In this "Age of Fast Pass", I will never do it again! :smickey:

Meteora
05-13-2007, 12:48 PM
A few years ago I went with my parents and my niece and two nephews and we decided to get on Test Track because the line was posted for only 30 minutes. Along the way it must’ve broke because the line stopped moving and it turned out to be more like two hours. They never made an announcement and my dad actually called Disney information to find out what was going on. I think they told him that they don’t have it listed as being broke but my dad informed them that we haven’t moved for the past hour.

A very similar thing happened to us on our last trip. We were actually in the little waiting area in front of the doors, and we were there for a good, long while. It was clear that something wasn't functioning properly, since we had been standing there for around half an hour and the doors had not opened once. However, there was no announcement. We all just stood there, waiting. When we finally got through the room to the other side, the cars kept stopping and pausing, which made me a bit nervous to get on. I kept wondering what would happen if the cars had to stop during the 60 mph spin. Would you get stuck on a crazy angle? Luckily, we rode without incident.

As for incorrect wait times posted, we have seen people pass their little cards up to the people in front of them and all the way up the line to the CM, clearly having no idea what they were actually supposed to do, which obviously invalidates those cards and makes it impossible to get accurate data for that timespan. We've also had experiences where my sister has gotten onto a ride with a posted time of 20 minutes and, a minute after she has entered the line, the time switches to 50 minutes. If a wait time looks inaccurate, based on the length of the line, we will usually ask a CM. We also avoid any line near a show or large-capacity ride (like CoP) that has just let out. Sometimes a hundred people will join the end of the line in two minutes or so, which completely changes the wait time.

texasteacher
08-16-2007, 10:51 PM
The longest I've waited to ride anything at Disney was 3 hours each for Honey I Shrunk the Audience and Tower of Terror. It was the week between Christmas and New Year's. Never again!! I'm not much for waiting in lines. Thank goodness for FP and EMH. They are lifesavers for me! :girl:

I'm going the week of Dec 27-Jan 3 because it was the only time my group could get together. We are going to the parks early to ride the "biggies' but am wondering if all of the rides have 2 hour lines that time of year?

jsdt
08-16-2007, 10:58 PM
With FAST passes I rarely wait for anything now for over 30 minutes. Probably the only thing we waited for that long our last trip was for PotC where we couldn't get a FAST pass. Actually the second longest line I was in was the line to get a FAST pass for Soarin. I got stuck behind one of those tour guides and he had what seemed like 100-200 tickets that he was running through the machine. I went to the machine next to it once I saw what he was doing and there was a tour guide at that one as well with more than 100 tickets.

cheshirecollector
08-16-2007, 11:20 PM
I know I've waited over 2 hours for new rides, like Body Wars shortly after it opened. I also attempted the short-lived boat trip at AK, both ways - you had to get off at one end, and line up again to go back. It took a few hours total, if I recall. Not worth it but I was determined, and at least I can say I did it, since it's no longer there.

However, the worst line had to be the Great Movie Ride during the month that the Studios opened. It was pretty much the biggest thing there at the time, so everyone was in line for it. GMR has the most evil queue line; just when we thought the agonizing wait was over, we would turn a corner and see - more line! And the ride wasn't even worth it, IMO. I have no idea how much time we stood in line, but it felt like a couple hours at least.

playdead88
08-17-2007, 06:33 AM
soarin' was the longest wait - followed by dumbo:mickey:

IloveDisney71
08-17-2007, 08:18 AM
The longest was just over 1 1/2 hours. We waited to ride Expedition Everest during one of their "sneak peeks" before its official grand opening. It was worth the wait!

Gottaluvgoof
08-17-2007, 08:35 AM
I have never waited more than 30 minutes. It's fast pass for me! I make sure I am at the parks at opening and hit all the biggies before the fast passes are gone. :secret: I also go at non-peak times :mickey:

Fantasmic
08-17-2007, 08:38 AM
Am I allowed to say 2 YEARS for Test Track? No...

O.K. I think I waited about 3-4 hours for Test Track the year it Finally opened.

DisneyCouture
08-17-2007, 10:10 AM
My DH and I waited in line for 60 minutes for Peter Pan's flight in March of 06. The next trip in Sept. we FP it due to the line @ a 90 minute wait. All that for a 3.5 minute ride. lol.:peter:

princessM0m
08-17-2007, 10:10 AM
The longest lines I have ever waited in were Splash Mountain and Peter Pan, at least 70 min each. It was frustrating because in each case the cast member monitoring the fast pass line would see people with fast passes coming waaay down the line and hold the stand-by line up until the fp folks had gone walked up to and gone through the entrance. I use fast pass when I can and I am a big fan, but it shouldn't mean holding up the stand-by line unless the fp folks are right there ready to enter.

alilprincessmom
08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
I can't remember the line waits when I was a kid, but the longest I have waited since being an adult was for Dumbo. My DD and I were there with my grandparents and she was almost 3 and just had to ride Dumbo. I knew the line would take forever, but my grandparents, being the WONDERFUL great-grandparents that they are, insisted that I let her ride if she wanted to. We waited 1.5 hours to ride, and it was HOT! It was weird because that was the longest we waited the entire trip and we rode everything that she was able to ride!! NEVER again!

Belle_0717
08-17-2007, 12:55 PM
The longest was 1 1/2 hours for BTMRR. The wait at the entrance said 40 minutes but after 90 minutes, we made it on. I was VERY upset with my DH for that.

IMO - anything over 40 minutes isn't worth it. Fast Pass it or try another day.

IC10
08-17-2007, 09:37 PM
I know I've waited over 2 hours for new rides, like Body Wars shortly after it opened. I also attempted the short-lived boat trip at AK, both ways - you had to get off at one end, and line up again to go back. It took a few hours total, if I recall. Not worth it but I was determined, and at least I can say I did it, since it's no longer there.

However, the worst line had to be the Great Movie Ride during the month that the Studios opened. It was pretty much the biggest thing there at the time, so everyone was in line for it. GMR has the most evil queue line; just when we thought the agonizing wait was over, we would turn a corner and see - more line! And the ride wasn't even worth it, IMO. I have no idea how much time we stood in line, but it felt like a couple hours at least.

Ohhh grrrr I was in that line with you I thought I would go insane it was about 3 hours. That same trip I waited again 3 hours for Big Thunder Railroad only to get the first seat and go 4 feet to have it break down. I get nervous everytime I get in that line. :)

GhostHost999
08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
I think the longest was when I was a kid...there was a 2 hr wait to get on 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea...that was tough but it was my fave so I had to stick it out.

jedigrrrl
08-17-2007, 10:05 PM
135 minutes for Splash Mountain about 18 months after it had opened.

This was before the age of the FastPass ;)

this is mine too. I waited about 2-3 hours. I think it was the summer right after it opened. CA-RAZY HOT!

After that, I never waited more than hour for anything and with fastpass, the days of waiting over 30 minutes are over.

mermaidmarian
08-18-2007, 07:23 AM
I waited for over 2 hours to ride Space Mountain when it was still the only coaster at WDW.

I waited what seemed the whole day (okay...1.5 hours in real time) for character greeting at Mickey's Toon Town Tent on my son's first trip to Disney.

dumbo ears
08-18-2007, 01:18 PM
prolly my longest is in the line for peter pan. we waited oveer and hour around 70 minutes.

FalconeNJ
08-18-2007, 01:28 PM
I seem to remember when I was a teenager in the mid-eighties waiting on line for Space Mountain for at least 2 hours. The only good thing about that was I was in the airconditioned coolness cause it was August and scalding hot.:coaster:

DonaldDuck1117
08-18-2007, 04:14 PM
Oh I'm sure when I was younger I waited 2 hours for a ride or two at Disney before Fast Pass. However, the longest line I have ever waited in was 6 hours for Top Thrill Dragster on it's opening day at Cedar Point.

The Flying Dutchman
08-18-2007, 04:50 PM
The Mrs. and I waited for over an hour and a half for Peter Pans Flight last July. Even though I said to just forget it, my DW insisted it would be worth it and we must do it because it was a classic. My opinion: after that wait, it was not worth it! :D

pook@wdw
08-18-2007, 07:04 PM
we NEVER wait in line over 30 min. !:nono: And that was in park opening line so we could possibly get "family of the day" (which we did!:D) Between fastpasses, rider switch, and single line, there is no need to wait any longer!!:mickey:

SimbaandNalasMama
08-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Us too on Soarin'. it was about 75 minutes. We went straight there first thing in the morning and the wait was already really long, with fast passes not returning until late afternoon, and we had late afternoon plans elsewhere, so we jumped in line. I will say, it was neat and cool and all that, but it wasnt worth 75 minutes...just my opinion, hope i dont offend :blush:

Stan
08-19-2007, 02:30 PM
I remember waiting in some distressingly long lines years ago for SM Splash POC HM RRC (perhaps the longest ever- 2 hr?- when it first opened) TMR GMR, not to mention Hulk JP DDR BBRB Kraken JTA. :mad:

3 things have limited our line-waiting in recent years:

Fast Passes and Single Rider Lines (Universal only?) :yay:
Lack of patience- :bored: since we live here and visit frequently (though not nearly as much as I'd like), we can always "come back when there's not so long a line"
DW's disability with wheelchair or scooter sometimes means we are able to bypass part or all of a line (depends on the attraction), when she is actually able to make it into the parks

However... when we take DGD2 to WDW, we find ourselves waiting in those long long queues (no FP available :() to see Mickey :mickey: Pluto Daisy etc, because DGD hasn't "been" to WDW if she hasn't seen them face to face. :rolleyes:

diznee_buzz
08-19-2007, 04:29 PM
At WDW - 45 minutes for Space Mountain (in 1987). 45 minutes to see Mickey in Toontown (in 1995). :thumbsup:

Longest wait in line ever? 2 hours to get Calvin Johnson's autograph last August. Completely worth it! :fball:

JCDarzi
08-19-2007, 04:36 PM
We always travel during September to WDW so usually the lines are light (10 - 15 minutes max for most rides). With toddlers in tow, we bypass any that might have longer lines.

That said, the longest queues that we have had were at Ariel's Grotto (45 minutes) and Princess line at Toontown (60 minutes). Especially in the case of the Toontown character greetings, the lines are deceptive and you have no way of knowing how long your wait is unless you are familar with the line layout.

LibertyTreeGal
08-19-2007, 04:39 PM
Once, I waited about an hour for Soarin -- the first time we rode, but otherwise, I won't wait for over 30 minutes. :nope:

LoriMistress
08-19-2007, 05:03 PM
Longest was back in DLR, way before FP, and this was back in August either 1996 or 1997. Waited in lines for 2-3 hour lines. That sucked. I never do that again. The longest I'll wait in line for an attraction will be when the parks close, and will hop in line to whichever attraction we feel like. Sometimes the line will be 30 minutes or an hour.

Polynesian Dweller
08-19-2007, 08:09 PM
As others have said, pre-FP 1.5 to 2hrs wasn't that unusual at WDW. We did lots that long over the years. After FP, our limit is now 30-40min.

But the longest at any Disney Park for us, 2.5 hrs. for Indiana Jones and the Temple of Mara at DLR a couple of months after it opened. That was a monster line but shows what a great queue can do to make time go fast. However, it took 30 minutes of winding through the Park (the line was way out past the attraction and into Main Street) to get to the actual queue area. But it was worth it!! :mickey:

DDuck66
08-20-2007, 10:35 AM
The longest wait I have ever had was to get into Tattoine Traders during Star Wars Weekends. waited 2 hours to get into the shop to get a Darth Mickey which they took off the shelves right after. This was the year that Star Wars Weekends coincided with the release of the last Star Wars movie. Unbelievable Crowds!!!!

disneycouple2004
08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
One hour is my limit...if the wait time is more than 60min i will not even join the line..however i always use fast pass and have never missed a ride unless it was broken...

:thumbsup:

sokrcoach
08-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Definitely 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. it was the slowest loading rides:mickey::marg::beer: of all time. One of my early favorites but a looooong wait

wedway76
08-23-2007, 12:22 PM
Space Mountain in April 1976 (Easter Week). If I remember correctly it was about two hours, which really wasn't all that uncommon back then.

snowblack
09-10-2007, 06:41 PM
We were on line foe EE the wait time said 35 minutes, but that turned into an hour by the time we got on the ride. I waited an hour and a half for Test Track.

Mickeylover71
09-10-2007, 07:24 PM
The longest I waited was for Tower of Terror but it was SOOOOO worth it :) That was about 90 minutes..

Waited about an hour for Splash Mountain but that was well worth it too :)

caryrae
09-10-2007, 07:30 PM
I try not to wait more than 45 minutes in a line to me it is just a waste of my hard earned vacation time and money waiting in a line for a long time for one ride when I could be out enjoying other park stuff. This is why we go in slow season when ride lines are rarely over an hour. I would just hate to lose 2 - 2 1/2 hours of my vacation time waiting in one line, I have to work 51 weeks just to go to WDW for 1 week.

I do remember going in a busy time and saw the line for splash was 3 hours long and people where getting into the line, that's crazy. The FP line was super long too.

Mickeylover71
09-10-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm so glad we're staying on WDW property and get the magic hours :) I've never been down there when that's happened.

I do remember waiting in line for 45 minutes (way back when MK still had the sky ride) it broke down but we were already in line.

For those who don't remember the skyride--it was WAAAAY up there :)

iluvdumbo
09-16-2007, 06:17 PM
one year, me and my friend waited in line for test track for like an hour, and this was with fastpasses! test track always breaks down, and thats why we waited for so long!

also the first time i rode splash mountain, when i was 5, my mom said that we waited for an hour and a half!:mickey:

Followthatmouse
09-16-2007, 06:27 PM
We were in a queue for Peter Pan that seemed endless. We were barely moving for goodness knows how long - an hour, maybe. It was a hot, still Summer night and I really don't know what possessed us to join that line in the first place. We enjoy Peter Pan, but as experienced visitors, we usually avoid lengthy waits.

BelleLovesTheBeast
09-16-2007, 06:47 PM
3 hours and 40 minutes for Splash Mountain in July 1993. It was awful to wait that long in the heat.

letsdoitagain
09-18-2007, 06:23 PM
50 minutes for both Splash Mountain and Test Track. Test Track was during an EMH night and splash we waited the 50 minutes then got back on using fast passes and waited about 15. We passed on attractions any longer than 50 minutes.

Mickey 101
09-18-2007, 09:57 PM
Add me to the list for Soarin'. It was last December and the fps were gone early, of course. The posted wait was 95 minutes. We visited with a nice family from NC in front of us. What was strange was they would let one group of standby guests through regardless of how small and then 20-30 fp guests. We were discussing it with the NC family, so when they were asked how many in their party, he told them eight to include the four of us. As a result, we got the center of row one in the center section and had an awesome ride!! :D By the way, the wait ended up being exactly as posted......95 minutes......even though we got an unexpected bump.

DisneyDudet
09-18-2007, 10:07 PM
All of my "longest wait" stories occur before Fastpass. It was not uncommon to wait 2 hours for a ride before this technology came out. Those of us who have been before FP know how much of a godsend it is!

Now, I think the longest I've waited is probably for Peter Pan, or for the Single Rider line for the third time during the Expedition Everest AP Preview Weekend. That was 40 min.

Thom1972
09-20-2007, 12:13 AM
Waited once 2 hours for Peter Pan in the 80's but the wait for spash mountain in the heat for a hour and a half was the worst.

kelly.garrett
09-20-2007, 03:41 AM
On my last trip we waited in line about 40 minutes to go on Maelstorm. I was very disappointed, that was the lamest ride I've ever been on.

When we went to Disneyland in 2000, we waited 2 hours to go on Rocket Rods. Another disappointment.

Edenza
09-24-2007, 02:06 PM
We waited over an hour for my son's first haircut at MK. No Dapper Dans either. Just people getting their hair painted and glittered and a couple haircuts. That was our longest line last week.

krorx
09-24-2007, 02:12 PM
On our first trip, back in 96, we waited over an hour for the jungle cruise. Now, being novices, we didn't realize how well Disney could wind a line around so that you didn't realize how long the line actually was. I believe this was before they had wait time signs up and it was definitely before fast passes. Never again. We just keep moving, get fast passes and never waste a minute of our time standing in hour long lines. Maybe 45 minutes, but never an hour.:D

irish1967
09-25-2007, 07:17 PM
I don't remember - but it had to be an E-ticket ride way back when (when there was only the MK to visit for you youngsters!)

Ha Ha Ha - I remember walking back to the CR when there wasn't a sidewalk because the line to the monorail was so long!

I love WDW and :mickey:

cal5755
09-25-2007, 09:55 PM
We waited 2 hours, yes 2 hours, to meet the princesses in Toontown last August. This year we're having lunch at the castle to avoid doing this again!

We were pleasantly surprised that we only waited 15 minutes this time!! We waited about 25 minutes for donald, pluto and goofy first though.

My longest wait was back in 1990... it was april vacation and every popular ride took an hour or more to get through I remember potc being out the doors. All I can say is thank goodness for FP lol.

tomorrowschild
09-26-2007, 03:20 PM
2 hours for Splash one summer. It was so silly of us to do this, but my brother and I wanted to ride.

Bluesky481
09-26-2007, 04:50 PM
I remember waiting in line for Splash Mountain for over 2 hours many years ago...this of course was BEFORE fast pass. Now I can't imagine a DW without FP!!!:mickey:

MississippiDisneyFreak
10-26-2007, 12:02 PM
I love reading these boards! Everybody is so friendly here, I thought I might join :mickey:

Anyway, what is the longest line you've ever waited in at WDW and what ride/attraction was it?

In June of '06, my mother and I waited over 2 hours for Soarin' one afternon. Naturally it was worth it and we ended up doing it many times after that. I actually remember that same night there was EMH and the lines only progressed for Soarin'. It was over a 2 1/2 hour wait, but the crowd seemed to be having a great time with each other, and not growing the least bit restless.:blush: I would have to say our 2 hour wait at Epcot for Honey I Shrunk the Audience, runner up Magic Kingdom Buzz Lightyear Ride 1 1/2 hours.

AdventurerKim
10-26-2007, 12:59 PM
The longest line I've ever waited in was probably 30-45 minutes for Splash Mountain pre-fast passes.

goofygirl67
10-28-2007, 09:49 AM
Pre fastpass days I would have to wait 2-3hrs. Since fastpass and I've moved to Florida, I will only wait 20 minutes. The way I look at it, I will be back again to ride it next time if I miss it.

PirateLover
10-28-2007, 11:54 AM
We've definitely been spoiled by fast pass! My first trip with my family was Labor Day weekend in 1995. It was HOT, there was no fast pass, the crowds were ridiculous and all of the major lines were 1-2 hours at mid day. Splash Mountain was probably the longest, no doubt due to the aforementioned heat. These days 30-40 mins is our limit and that's pushing it.

DisFan01
10-28-2007, 12:17 PM
We waited in line for Expedition Everest when it first opened, and the wait said it was 140 minutes, and it turned out to be about 165 minutes. Also, it was burning that day, and the line stopped in the area with no shade... :ill:

diz_girl
10-30-2007, 03:05 PM
I've been going to WDW since the 70's so I've experienced plenty of waiting in line. We used to go in June because my mother wouldn't take us out of school, so we experienced 2 hour SM waits upon occasion.

Now that I'm in charge of my vacations, I've started to go to WDW during the off-season and school be damned. I don't plan on ever going during peak seasons ever again. Now, with going off-peak and using FP for popular rides I thankfully avoid those long lines. I won't wait for more than 30-40 minutes now, which was about how long we waited for Soarin this last trip during nighttime EMH.

Like another person wrote, I don't want to come to WDW for a week and waste 2 hours waiting in line for a ride. Time is precious.

As for non-WDW, the longest I've ever waited for something was 8 or 9 hours to tour the USS Jacksonville (a nuclear attack sub) that came our area a few years back. A lot of people showed up and most were turned away. We showed up at 11am and sat in a ballfield for 8 hours until we were bussed to the sub. We finally got on the sub around 8 and I finally got home around 9. Of course, no one knew how long the wait was going to be and if I was told ahead of time I probably never would have done it. And since no one knew it would be an all-day wait no one brought any food. The base finally sold some hot dogs, soda and chips. In the end, it was a VERY long day.