PDA

View Full Version : DDP + Annual Passholder + On property hotel

TravelSaurus
05-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Are you able to purchase the Disney Dining Plan being a annual passholder and staying on property? I asked a CM and they say no, that in fact you have to purchase a regular park ticket and have a non-discounted room rate.

Doesn't sound right to me. True?

J.C.&ALI'SMOM
05-10-2007, 06:27 PM
To get DDP, you must buy a package that includes a park ticket. Some people with APs have bought packages with 1day tix in order to get the DDP (during free dining). There are times when there are packages with dining that are discounted (codes, AAA) but you will have to buy at least a 1 day ticket.

January-2007
05-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Unless you're a DVC member staying at a DVC resort on points. You can use an annual pass and just flat out purchase the Disney Dining Plan without a Magic Your Way Package.

If you have not yet purchased your Annual Passes you could get a Magic Your Way Package including tickets and Dining Plan and just upgrade the tickets to Annual Passes when you get there. Just be aware that if you purchase tickets with Water Parks and More you will have to upgrade to a Premium Annual Pass.

If you have alreay purchased your Annual Passes you could just get the one day base tickets in the Package to get the Dining Plan. That's what we're doing in September in order to participate in the Free Dining Plan. We are Annual Passholders. We will just hold on to that one day base ticket and upgrade it in the future, either to another Annual Pass or more likely to a regular park hopper with more days. The one day base ticket doesn't expire, so you don't have to worry about using it within a set time period.

Have you thought about purchasing the Disney Dining Experience instead of the Disney Dining Plan? It costs $60 I believe, and then you have it for a whole year. You receive a 20% discount at most Table Service restaurants, including alcohol, and at select Counter Service restaurants where no Table Service Option is available, like the Value Resort Food Courts.

Good luck deciding, and happy planning! :mickey:

Ian
05-10-2007, 09:35 PM
We're AP holders and we've done the DDP multiple times. We just got the one day passes and then used them later towards are AP renewals.

It's totally worth it, especially if it's for free dining.

TravelSaurus
05-10-2007, 09:44 PM
We are a family of four: 2 adults, 2 children under 10....would I be required to purchased one base ticket for each family member in order to get the DDP?

Figment!
05-10-2007, 09:51 PM
We are a family of four: 2 adults, 2 children under 10....would I be required to purchased one base ticket for each family member in order to get the DDP?Yep.

From Disney Dining Plan FAQ (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=91180)
Q: Do I need to purchase park passes for as many days as my Disney Dining Plan?

A: No. Although you need to purchase the Disney Dining Plan as part of a Magic My Way package, the Dining Plan length is tied to your Disney resort stay length.

Currently, Disney only requires guests to purchase a Magic My Way package with a 1-day park pass (per guest) in order to qualify for the Disney Dining Plan.

Q: I have an Annual Pass, can I use the Disney Dining Plan?

A: Annual Passholders can use the Disney Dining Plan, but they must purchase a Magic My Way Vacation package at a rack rate. Disney offers the Disney Dining Experience card as a discount Dining program for Passholders.

See the Disney Dining Experience (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/dde.asp)section for details on the Disney Dining Experience.

mook3y
05-10-2007, 10:32 PM
We're AP holders and we've done the DDP multiple times. We just got the one day passes and then used them later towards are AP renewals.

It's totally worth it, especially if it's for free dining.

Do you get full credit towards the AP?

Thanks!

and... congratz! ;)