PDA

View Full Version : Illuminations view from Bistro De France?

mdricks
05-10-2007, 04:55 PM
I really wasnt paying attention when I made my ressies but, for an upcoming trip I will be in Bistro during illuminations. Is there a view to be had? the pics i have seen are promising.....:fworks:

wendy*darling
05-10-2007, 09:08 PM
I haven't eaten here myself, but I have never heard anyone say anything about a view of Illuminations from Bistro.
It's on the 2nd floor, and I was under the impression it didn't really have any windows. It is small and intimate and does not have a kids menu.

The Chefs de France, downstairs, does have windows facing the lagoon area, but I don't think you really see much of the fireworks, if any.

mdricks
05-11-2007, 10:08 AM
From my memory, and the pics on disney.com, its almost all window. It looks like a long thin restuant with the biggest wall being windows facing the lagoon. problem is, i remember there being a bunch of trees that would probably cause a problem. I just cant remember exactly.

Oh well! i will find out and report back. This seems like a great place for a romantic evening for two, and if it has a good view of the show, then all the better....

TammiMcMan
05-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Unfortunately, I don't have any first hand knowledge, but I've heard that it's sort of a secret spot to watch Illuminations. I do know that there is a wall of windows, just not sure if you have to be in a window seat in order to catch a view. Maybe try a Google Earth view and see if you can get an idea from that.

wendy*darling
05-12-2007, 05:01 PM
That would be great it if does.
And it sure is a secret spot- until now! But because of its upper end menu (and no kids menu), I doubt large numbers of people will add it to their list. But I think we will. :secret:
Please let us know about your experience!

MrPeetrie
05-12-2007, 07:53 PM
We had window seats at Bistro di Paris a couple of years ago. The food was magnificent, but the view was unremarkable. If you're going, go for the food...not the view.

That's just my opinion. :thumbsup:

Maleficent's Dad
05-12-2007, 10:34 PM
There are a few (3 or 4 :scratch: ) tables with "window views."

The window views, don't necessarily offer good views of Illuminations, although some might!

We've never had a good "view" from Bistro, but then again, we've never dined there during Illuminations.

I can see how some tables (maybe one?) get a great view, 2 or three get restricted views, and the rest get no views...

Good luck - perhaps you'll get the "hot seat" at Bistro. :thumbsup:

TheRustyScupper
05-13-2007, 10:22 AM
1) Yes, Bistro does have a few widows.
2) However, the angles are bad for Illuminations.
3) We enjoyed our meal for the meal, not the view.
4) We were not disappointed.

artyboy
05-13-2007, 02:34 PM
Amazing restaurant...we go every trip!

...but not a fabulous viewing option for Illuminations...

Go for the food!

16 days to go!!!

Hammer
05-14-2007, 12:01 AM
I really enjoyed my meal at Bistro in 2005 and was fortunate to have a window table. It provided an okay view of Illuminations, but being able to see Illuminations at all was just icing on the cake. It is a wonderful treat for an adults-only dinner and it did not lack for customers when ate there.

mdricks
05-15-2007, 10:16 AM
Thanksa for the input everybody. Im going with a friend this time around (read no kids) and wanted to give this adult friendly spot a try. The food was the denfinite draw, illuminations was an afterthought. Thanks again
(Just 60 hours to go!!!!!):number1: