PDA

View Full Version : crowds first wk of DECEMBER

streudel423
05-10-2007, 04:31 PM
We are going to DW the first week of December (2nd-9th). Anyone else been there around this time? If so, how were the crowds? Bus waiting times? Ride waiting times? etc....thanks!
:mickey:

LoriMistress
05-10-2007, 05:31 PM
This thread would be best placed at Trip Planning. Though, it's normally not too bad. But there is Pop Warner, which is when you're going. As long as you go opposite days to when the Pop Warner crowds will be at, you won't have a problem.

GoofeyAtDisney
05-10-2007, 05:45 PM
Im going to be there that week too! From the 4th to the 21st!:mickey: :thumbsup:

AuntLaura
05-10-2007, 05:49 PM
We've been there the last 2 years that week. On Intercot, people used to say those were good weeks to go because it wasn't busy. We found that while it isn't as busy as Spring vacation, "the secret is out" and a lot of people are there especially for the Holiday decorations. We've always had a great time and think it's one of the good times to go.

LoriMistress
05-10-2007, 05:58 PM
Im going to be there that week too! From the 4th to the 21st!:mickey: :thumbsup:

What resort are you staying at?

laward32
05-10-2007, 06:37 PM
We were there this past December (9-16) and while it was not as busy as it is in the summertime or the week of Christmas and New Year's, it was by no means light. I agree with an earlier poster, the secret is out and more and more people are going at this time of year. I don't think there is a light time of the year anymore. Hopefully I will be there with you.:mickey: :thumbsup:

MinnieMommie
05-10-2007, 06:55 PM
The weather is great - not too hot or rainy and it is not super crowded. The Christmas decorations are up as well so that is another advantage. All in all a good time to visit.:thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
We were down Dec. 1-9,06, had a great time!:mickey: But, the secret is definitely out. We had booked the WL for Dec. 1-7, then decided to stay 2 more days. When we called back to extend, they were booked! As a matter of fact, EVERY room on sight was booked! We kept looking online and calling and finally got the last 2 nights at POP! Crazy!
CMs were amazed! Could not believe there wasn't a room available! Crowds were heavier than I had ever seen in summer. But, it was worth it to see the parks decked out for Christmas and to do MVMCP!:thumbsup: We will be going back at that time of year in the future, but we will book way early!
P.S. It was very cold the last few days of our Dec. visit. Got into the 20's at night a couple of times. Take some heavy coats just in case.
Guys at WL laughed at us when we checked in, it was in the 80s. A few days later we were very happy to have those coats!:thumbsup:

Mousefan29
05-17-2007, 10:32 PM
We were there 12/2-9 and the hotels were all booked -- due to Pop Warner, I guess. The parks didn't seem too crowded, though. I don't recall very long attraction waits. We enjoyed all of the decorations, but there was quite a line at the Gingerbread House at GF.

Mickey91
05-17-2007, 11:17 PM
We went during that week in '06 and it was way busier than we expected. ALL the rooms were booked and the crowds were definitely summertime crowds. It was beautiful though. I would definitely go again! Make sure to take your heavy coats. It got very cold a couple of nights. I suggest renting a locker in the park so you will have them once the sun goes down.

Roo Girl
05-18-2007, 10:44 AM
We'll be there at the new DVC Animal Kindgom Villas from Dec 5-9. Looking forward to slightly smaller holiday crowds but that magical Disney Christmas spirit. :mickey:

mecarroll
05-18-2007, 02:40 PM
DW and I were at CSR Dec 3-9, 2006. I heard all kinds of reports that the resorts were booked. CSR was not bad at all and the parks were not bad either. With FastPass, I never remember waiting more than 10 minutes...tops, for any ride. Since this was our first visit ever, I have nothing to compare it except our regular visits to Busch Gardens here in Virginia and I've seen more visitors at Busch on slow days than I saw at Disney that week. I'm NOT a crowd person and never once felt the urge to wack anyone...as I usually do when crowds get to large.

WDWFREAK101
05-18-2007, 05:34 PM
The First Week of December (Believe it or not) is actually the LOWEST Attendance Week.

I know its shocking :mickey:

My father is handicapped so we always go through the exit, but since there was NO Wait we actually decided to go through the regular que line for SPLASH MOUNTAIN!!!

Splash Mountain ALWAYS has a long wait, but not in the first week of Dec.

(It stinks because the line has stairs so we couldnt do it.:( lol)

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-18-2007, 11:47 PM
We went the beginning of Dec 2005 and it wasn't too bad. Especially since we're used to going in the summer. The weather was chilly at night (we just wore sweaters/fleece jackets) but the days were mostly nice.
It's a beautiful time of year to go. And Mousefest will be going on then too.

wilshade
05-19-2007, 10:23 AM
I've had two visits to WDW during the first week of December (2004, 2005). The general rule of thumb is that it is indeed a geat time to go and the crwods are generally light.

HOWEVER! There are a few, very notable, exceptions. Watch out for a couple of things.

Stay away from the Magic Kingdom the first weekend. That is when they are taping the Christmas Parade and that place is absolutely bonkers! Main Street is packed sardine to sardine and there are all the television obstacles to avoid (when they are not actually taping). It took me nearly an hour to work my way past Main Street.

If you go to the MK for Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party . . expect the same thing. Sardine to sardine. Especially on Main Street and around the Castle.

Epcot gets a little crowded at night because of the Candlelight Processional, the Christmas Treet lighting, and Illuminations. But, it is not nearly as bad as the MK and the crowd has a greater area to disperse in.

Other than that, crowds are almost a non-factor. It is a very enjoyable time to go.

Strmchsr
05-19-2007, 10:39 AM
The First Week of December (Believe it or not) is actually the LOWEST Attendance Week.

I know its shocking :mickey:

That used to be the case for many years, but no longer. The couple of weeks after Thanksgiving have become quite popular. In fact, I'm beginning to think mid December before the Christmas week crowds hit is actually lower than the first couple of weeks. Anyway, lowest attendance is now in January or September.

trudisneygal
05-19-2007, 01:06 PM
We will be there from 12/6-12/14 staying at POP. I've heard that the crowds are still lower than they are at other times, even if the "secret is out". I guess I'll find out!

MrPeetrie
05-19-2007, 08:49 PM
As luck would have it, I was watching one of our past Disney videos today with my daughter. We had stayed December 8 - 12 and the crowds were full but very manageable. I think it's a perfect time to go.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: