PDA

View Full Version : DVC resort choices

NewmanFamily6
05-10-2007, 04:15 PM
We are new to DVC & have only stayed in SSR. I completely love it by the way:cloud9: My mission is to stay at each of them at least once. Have any of you gotten to stay everywhere yet? Also, is there one DVC resort that you find hard to book if it is not your home?

IDreamofEeyore
05-10-2007, 04:29 PM
We've stayed at VWL (our home) and BWV. We love them both. I'm looking forward to trying out AKLV.

DisneyLove
05-10-2007, 08:28 PM
We have stayed at OKW (home resort), SSR, and BWV. We really like all of them and each has such a distinct feel to it that it's great fun to try different ones. We too are looking forward to trying AKLV. :mickey:

DVC2004
05-10-2007, 08:56 PM
We've stayed at each DVC property except Disney's Hilton Head Resort. I think it's toughest to get BCV and V@WL; they are smaller resorts. We've loved each of our stays so far, each resort has it's own unique charm.

wendy*darling
05-10-2007, 09:26 PM
We have stayed at each of our 3 Home resorts- VWL, BCV and SSR.
We have also stayed at BWV once, with a 2nd trip coming in August.
We are hoping to stay at VAKL in about 18 months, and OKW sometime in the future.

I think the difficulty is getting into a non-home resort depends on the time of year you are traveling. I htink we are at the point now where no one gets outside "home" in the first couple weeks of December, maybe even most of the holiday season.

And the hardest would definitely be VWL and BCV.

Maleficent's Dad
05-10-2007, 09:29 PM
We've stayed at them all (in WDW, but never Vero nor HH)- and they each offer some great things! :thumbsup:

I will say, BCV and VWL are tougher to get than ever if not your home resort, but you can get them in off times and on waitlists. They're both quite small, and very popular!

We prefer the BW/BC area for its proximity. For atmosphere, OKW is tops, and for theme, VWL wins hands down.

Evenually you'll get to them all, I hope (and strongly suspect!).

MR SANDERS
05-11-2007, 09:02 AM
Visited all but BCV and HH. Doing HH this summer, but our favorites are SSR (our home and the place we are most comfortable) and Vero. Vero is a great place to go vacation and do nothing. At any other resort, we want to visit at least one park, but at Vero we can relax by the pool, picnic on the beach, and not feel like we are missing something. We also will stop by DD on the way to and from for some of the magic and a treat from Goofy's Candy Shop.