PDA

View Full Version : Yachtmans Steakhouse

k_reile
05-10-2007, 02:32 PM
I have been looking over the menus in the DPP and there are only a couple of places that both DH and I would eat at together (he likes steak and I am picky). So I was wondering...is Yachtmans Steakhouse worth 2 dining credits...or is there anything else comparable?
We are booked for 50's primetime cafe and the coral reef (bummed because all I could get was lunch):( I also want to try the Concourse Steakhouse, Wolfgang Puck and the Big River Grille (DH loves a good microbrew):beer: I have not been to Disney in 9 yrs so all I really remember eating at is the sci-fi drive in. I need suggestions for steak kind of places or anything that is not too wierd for my palate. I like your basic steak, chicken etc...just not wierd things on top of them.
Thanks

pox24
05-10-2007, 03:38 PM
Yachtsman is great, but the California grille is better. Try it...

k_reile
05-10-2007, 03:41 PM
I looked at the menu for California Grill...it didn't look like anything I would really enjoy...though it would be neat for the fireworks.

January-2007
05-10-2007, 03:48 PM
If you like regular steak and chicken, you could just ask for the sauce on the side or for them to not add any sauce to the dish. Then your meal options are greatly expanded, as most everywhere has some kind of steak or chicken option. They could just prepare it more simply. Good luck and happy planning!

Shugoondola
05-10-2007, 03:53 PM
I ate at the Yachtsman Steakhouse last summer and loved it. The food and service were top notch. I thought it was just as good as the California Grill, if not better. To me, the only thing CG has over the YS is the view.

Just my :twocents:

:mickey:

SBETigg
05-10-2007, 04:53 PM
You might like 'Ohana. The main course is plain grilled meats. They have many courses of different things, all delicious, and one of the best desserts on property.

You might also try: Concourse Steakhouse and Le Cellier, both one credit. Despite the menus, you could get almost anything without sauce, or plain if you ask. Most restaurants at WDW are very good with special dining requests.

MinnieMommie
05-10-2007, 06:06 PM
Can I recommend Kona and GF Cafe? They both have great prime ribs. :mickey:

spoiledraf
05-13-2007, 05:41 AM
We eat at the Yachtsman at least once every trip. I'm a meat and potatoes guy and this place is the best! But it has some variety for everyone. We always go late, 8:30 or after, and the place emptys out. One of the waiters is an oriental looking guy with a name like Henry or something who has been a waiter at Disney World since the place opened.

Seasonscraps
05-13-2007, 07:57 AM
I love YS - top notch service and menu! We go there on just about every trip.

wilshade
05-13-2007, 10:12 AM
I think you will like Yachtsman. Form your post, it seems it would fit your dining preferences. And, yes, the atmosphere, quality of food and service make it well worth the 2 credits.

If something had to go, I would abandon Big River Grille. It was very disappointing when I went there, mostly in service. Go late for the microbrews and perhaps dessert.

If you feel slightly more adventurous, Artist Point may be a good choice for you. The bison steak is prepared simply but perfectly. And, there is enough variety on the menu for those of us who are fairly picky. The berry cobbler is perhaps one of the best desserts in the World.