PDA

View Full Version : PM-EMH at Animal Kingdom

grumpypima
05-10-2007, 02:21 PM
We (DH, DS-5, & myself) are planning a trip for Sept. 2007. I noticed evening extra magic hours for the Animal Kingdom during our stay. What is it like at AK in the late afternoon or evening? Is it worth it?

By worth it, I mean, we are morning people. We like to go in the morning and head back to the resort for an afternoon swim and nap. I thought our DS may enjoy Donald's Breakfast. We just can't make all day in the park. So I think we have to decide to go in the morning or head over in the late afternoon.

I can't decide, help???

mrp4352
05-11-2007, 06:31 PM
We love evening EMH's at Epcot. The park is absolutely gorgeous after dark - and it's something so few get to see!

If you go, make sure you go down into the seating area behind Flame Tree barbecue, wind yourself around until you're on the edge of the seating area by the lake. It's a fantastic view of E:E.

DakotaDisney
05-11-2007, 06:39 PM
It all depends on what sort of things you like to do in the parks. Especially Animal Kingdom.

Late afternoons at AK are good, but if I remember correctly even though there are extra magic hours at AK the some of the animals still go in for the night at a certain time, so not all the animal exhibits are open during that extra magic hours. But if you are more into the rides or checking out other sites and shops then by all means stay.

Personally I enjoyed Extra Magic Hours at the other parks more than AK. I think there was more to do during that time in the other parks. Having said this don't pass on visiting AK. It is still a great park!