PDA

View Full Version : My baby girl's first hair cut

Septbride2002
05-10-2007, 12:21 PM
My little girl will be about 16 months when she goes to Disneyfor the first time. Her hair is already getting pretty long around her ears and starting to get into her eyes. We are wanting to do her first haircut on Main Street. Should we go there first thing in the morning? Or can you make an appointment? What is the best way to plan for this?

Do they do anything special for first haircuts?

Thanks!
~Amanda

kadesha
05-10-2007, 12:34 PM
Go FIRST thing in the morning, they get very busy because it is walk-in only, no appointments!!! She will get a pair of first haircut ears and a certificate. (and probably lots of stickers to keep her entertained during the haircut!) Be sure to bring your camera! They will also put pixie dust in her hair if you wish. :thumbsup:

illini
05-10-2007, 12:57 PM
We did this for my DD (about 18 months old at the time). We indeed got the first haircut ears, a certificate, and a lock of her hair tied in a ribbon. The easiest way to do it is go during an morning EMH and get to the barbershop about 10-15 minutes before it opens. Even if you don't actually ride anything at EMH and just show up at the park a little early, it will give you a headstart.
It's worth dealing with some longer, straggly hair in the meantime!

PracticallyPerfectMollie
06-06-2007, 08:33 AM
We did this with my little girl when she was 2, she is now four . We had a wonderful time. It is such a sweet picture that we treasure. I plan to do it with any future children as well.

Flower
06-06-2007, 02:30 PM
We have never had a problem later in the day, maybe a 15-20 minute wait, but we go off season.

For Brandon's first haircut they gave us his 'first haircut ears', a certificate, a lock of his hair, and pixie dust.

Here is my scrapbook pages from his first haircut (Inside the clear piece at the left hand side is a small lock of his hair and some of the pixie dust.):
http://image57.webshots.com/757/2/91/71/2530291710055983738tYyzGx_fs.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/goodtimes/friendsfun&track_action=/ViewActions/FullSize (http://image57.webshots.com/757/2/91/71/2530291710055983738tYyzGx_fs.jpg?track_pagetag=/page/photo/goodtimes/friendsfun&track_action=/ViewActions/FullSize)

When you flip open the colored picture there is hidden journalling and a copy of the certificate you get.
http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2365983240055983738dRIjFp?vhost=good-times

DH also gets his haircut, they will usually give him his colour choice of a 'hidden mickey' on the back of his head.

When Penney cut Brandons hair she told us to give him a snack, gold fish, cheerios, pop corn, just something to keep him preoccupied - it worked like a charm and we do it for almost every haircut now.

I cannot wait to take Benjamin when we go in September - he will be just under 11 months when he gets his first haircut at the Magic Kingdom!

Catzle
06-06-2007, 04:17 PM
We had my daughters first hair cut there it was great. This year we also had their hair cut and styled this year. It's great it was only $14 and that was for the cut, style, color and pixie dust. Everyone complimented them all day, they loved it.

Hayden's Dad
06-06-2007, 04:30 PM
We did this for our son in May. It was well worth waiting for. He was 16months at the time. The stylist did a great job, and as mentioned he got ears, certificate, stickers, pixie dust, and a lot of locks of hair. In my opinion well worth the $14.00. We went there first thing when we got there and were seated right away, I had to hold him. The line built up pretty quick, there are only two chairs. But if you waited till later after the morning rush you would probably be fine as well. have fun. Take LOTS of pictures.

Jared
06-06-2007, 05:15 PM
Remember to arrive early. The barber shop fills quickly and stays busy all day.