PDA

View Full Version : New York FOod for Bridal Shower

missouridisney
05-10-2007, 11:31 AM
We have had several bridal showers at our church this summer and will soon have our last. We have run the gammet(sp) on food so trying to think of something different. The bride and groom are going to NY for their honeymoon so decided to go with that theme. Anyway wanting to serve New York food, anyone have any suggestion? They are going to Phantom of the Opera so may decorate using that theme.

DisneyDog
05-10-2007, 11:38 AM
Well, deli sandwiches would be a good option. New York is known for really huge corned beef specials (corned beef with cole slaw and russian dressing on rye bread).

Or, maybe you could do a "little Italy" theme, which might be easier (I'm just guessing there aren't many good Jewish delis in your part of the country:blush: ).

PrincessEmmasMommy
05-10-2007, 05:36 PM
Foods that remind me of NY:
Steak, hot dogs, pretzels, PIZZA, and especially CHEESCAKE!
Have fun!
Jen

storzo
05-10-2007, 09:59 PM
Hot dogs, preferably Sabrett and boiled ("dirty water dogs"), pretzels (big and warm), bagels with cream cheese and lox, deli sandwiches (pastrami a plus), gyros, roasted nuts.

minnie1956
05-22-2007, 09:41 PM
Aw c'mon! I can't believe noone thought of the best thing!
Buffalo wings!
Great finger food.
Created in Buffalo, NY.

:D

DisneyDog
05-23-2007, 06:25 PM
I guess we should have asked the most important question: What part of New York are they going to for the honeymoon? Does that matter when planning the menu?