PDA

View Full Version : My Family Wants to have me Committed!

Bringonthemouse!
05-10-2007, 09:21 AM
My mother popped by on my day off last week and found me furiously cleaning windows (yuck) with the Disney Planning Video playing in the background, over and over again. Some people do their chores to music, I use the planning videos. She wants to have me committed. They just don't get me but I know most of you will!:thumbsup:
:mickey:

kakn7294
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
I see nothing wrong with that! I have a CD of some of my favorite Disney music that plays over and over and over in my car. If she manages to get you committed but you can get a message out to us, we'll come bust you out!

Belle619
05-10-2007, 09:40 AM
I see nothing wrong with that either! I do stuff like this all the time. I love to put in Cinderella, Beauty and the Beast, or other Disney movies when there isn't anything on television. And in my car there is always a Disney CD or CD's that remind me of Disney (I bought a Hawaiian CD that reminded me of the Poly!)

It is definitely my happy place and I like being able to escape my everyday life by thinking about Disney!!!

MsMin
05-10-2007, 10:35 AM
we do the same, not w/ the planning cd but with disney music or dvd's running in the background. It makes the work so much more fun :minnie:

BrerSchultzy
05-10-2007, 10:55 AM
What a coincidence!

The other night, our cable was out, and my wife was working late, so I thought I'd clean up a little and surprise her...and I put the Disney Planning DVD on, just to sort of keep my spirits up.

Well, she got home, gave me a look, and I completely expected her to make fun of me (she spent a lot of time, when we first met, making fun of my Disney obsession)....

Then she sat on the couch and watched the rest of it!

MMouse6937
05-10-2007, 11:06 AM
Not crazy at all. If that's all it takes to be committed, I would be gone already ;)

I always have disney stuff running in the background if I'm doing something. Most of the time disney channel or a movie, but I have been known to put in the planning DVD just to see the attractions and the park and dream :cloud9:

baby minnie's mommy
05-10-2007, 11:54 AM
Here's your response: "Hmmm... Do you think they'll have a tv for my Disney DVDs?":D

GrmGrninGost
05-10-2007, 03:08 PM
Drop by our house just about anytime and there will be some sort of Disney DVD playing in the family room and my DW will have a Disney CD of some sort going in the kitchen! I thought that was normal!:mickey: Is there a problem?

Marilyn Michetti
05-10-2007, 07:39 PM
If I have to go somewhere, I put in a Disney video for the dogs. It keeps them company, (I guess - they never really say).:D

mickeys_princess_mom
05-10-2007, 10:58 PM
My mother popped by on my day off last week and found me furiously cleaning windows (yuck) with the Disney Planning Video playing in the background, over and over again. Some people do their chores to music, I use the planning videos. She wants to have me committed. They just don't get me but I know most of you will!:thumbsup:
:mickey:
Do those straitjackets come with lace and little Mickeys on them?...:thumbsup:I'd like mine in Cinderella blue, please.....

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 12:03 AM
If you think that's bad, I just started babysitting and our new "7 month old family member" will only watch the Disneyland singalong with Mickey and the Gang!!! She's only been here 3 weeks!!!:mickey:

Also, we sign up for the new vacation video as soon as one comes out!! We have "movie night" to watch it and it is more exciting to us than any newly released movie!!!! Popcorn anyone???:mickey:

T-Belle
05-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Count me in as one of the crazzies! Planning DVD's, movies, CD's, I've got em all. I even managed to download disney songs to my ipod.
Driving alone to the grocery store singing along with " I just can't wait to be KIng!!" By the way, I'm 49 years old and my youngest child is 18!! I quickly correct people..it's not an obsession, it's a passion!!

tinksmom02
05-11-2007, 10:19 PM
:D I'm sitting here picturing the Intercot ward of some insane asylum...you know we would ALL be there LOL

Tiggerlovr9000
05-12-2007, 01:24 AM
People were laughing at me in the bar tonight because I was watching Finding Nemo. Way better then basketball.:mickey:

JPL
05-12-2007, 01:31 AM
I am constantly listening to Disney Podcasts on the go and Intercot Radio while sitting in front of my computer:blush: Maybe they will commit us all to WDW :mickey:

kakn7294
05-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Maybe they will commit us all to WDW :mickey:
Perhaps when the refurb the Haunted Mansion, they can add an insane asylum for all of us.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-12-2007, 09:19 AM
Perhaps when the refurb the Haunted Mansion, they can add an insane asylum for all of us.

Sounds like a plan!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-12-2007, 09:46 AM
It makes perfect sense to me. It makes nice noise in the background and you can occasionally look up and catch a glimpse of WDW! And who doesn't feel inspired to see WDW?

So if I put it on here, will you come clean my house? :blush: