PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose Character Breakfast

allie_to_you
05-10-2007, 08:42 AM
Hey everyone,

MY DH & I were planning on going to Breakfastosaurus while we were at Animal Kingdom,but have found out it will be closed now while we are there.

So, now I am trying to choose another character breakfast to take it's place. I have narrowed down the choices to Ohana's, CRT or Akershus. They all sound like they have about the same menu items but CRT is about twice as expensive.

What are your thoughts and opinions?

Also, my DH & I don't eat pork at all so do any of these restaurants have any alternative meat selections for breakfast, such as turkey bacon/sausage if you request it?

kakn7294
05-10-2007, 09:11 AM
We have recently been to both CRT and Akershus - 'Ohana was most recently 11 yrs ago (it was good then) so I really can't comment on it although we will be going there in August. Between CRT and Akershus, I would go with Akershus mostly due to the price. The atmosphere is nice, the Princesses are great, and the food is good. At CRT, you are paying for the privledge of eating in the castle. I'm not sure about the meat substitutions although I know that they do substitute for medical reasons. You might want to call the restaurant of your choice and ask them for yourself. I doubt that they could make the substitution on the spot but if you give them enough notice, they may accomodate you.

GreenBeetle
05-10-2007, 09:26 AM
Unless you have little girls who absolutely must eat at the Castle with Cinderella, I don't think it's really worth the 2 TS credits. The food and atmosphere are basically the same at Akershus. And you still see a group of princessess - just not Cinderella.

Not sure about the food substitution - but it doesn't hurt to call and ask.

DDuck66
05-10-2007, 09:27 AM
While Askerhus is nice and you get to see many of the princess, the charecter interaction is really great at Ohana. Stitch was fantastic last year when we went.

Mom2princesses
05-10-2007, 09:28 AM
To tell you the truth, we have an ADR for CRT but the only reason we are going is because of my two daughters. If you and your dh are going alone I would look for another breakfast. Unless you really want to eat in the Castle. The price is very expensive. Ohana's is great it has a very relaxing atmosphere. If you like buffets CP is great (especially if you love Pooh!) as is Chef Mickey's.

We also have an ADR for Akershus for dinner but I have never actually been there since they started dining with the Princesses so I can't comment on that breakfast yet!

I'm not sure of the meat substitutions but I agree with another poster give them a call and ask. I would think that they must get requests like that all the time.

GrmGrninGost
05-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Even though it is 2 TS credits, I love CRT! Just being inside the castle is so cool!:mickey: And, my favorite princess is Cinderella, so I have to see her! Both of your other choices are nice also. I'm sure you will be happy at any of them!:thumbsup:

January-2007
05-10-2007, 03:19 PM
The only one I've been to of those listed is CRT. When I made the ADR I had them note that I was vegetarian (because I was at the time) and when we were seated the Chef actually came to our table to discuss things. Since the potato casserole had meat in it, he made me a special potato dish, and my dad probably ate some breakfast meats, but I didn't. The stuffed French Toast was to die for and you can get seconds on anything you want. There's also plenty of fruit and pastries, so I'm sure you won't go hungry. Just have them note it when making your reservation and go from there. Even if they don't have a non-pork substitution, there is so much other great stuff to choose from at any breakfast buffet that you won't miss it. Enjoy, and happy planning!

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 10:42 AM
CRT is great but if you are closer than 180 days from the day you want to go then it is booked already. We went to Ohanas and loved it! Chef Mickeys (mickey and gang) is good and Crystal Palace (Pooh and friends) is good also. These last two are also buffet type similar to Breakfastasaurus.

For dietary requests the kitchen needs 24 - 48 hrs and are usually good to accomodate.

stitchcousin
05-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Hi. I don't know if you realize this or not, but both CRT and Akershus are in the parks, so you would need to enter either MK or Epcot to go to. Not a problem if you have the park hopper tickets, but it would be a problem if you didn't and were already planning on going to AK for the day. Ohana's is the only one that isn't in the parks. We have tried all three. My favorite is CRT (and I have two young boys!). There's nothing like eating in the castle!! We didn't care for the food at Akershus. My son loves Stitch, so Ohana's was great because its the only one with Stitch!! By the way, even though its not a character breakfast, they have the Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom (this location accepts reservations). Good Luck!!!

JPL
05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
1900 Park Fare is also a good choice:thumbsup: