PDA

View Full Version : keeping WDW vacation a secret?

septembergirl
05-10-2007, 02:21 AM
My DH insists that we keep our upcoming vacation a :secret: and it is driving me crazy:silly:! I want to talk about WDW all the time...It's an obsession. A sickness, if you will.

Is anyone else experiencing this?:fit:

DISNEYFIX
05-10-2007, 03:48 AM
Considering you posted that question at 2:21 am.:ill: .............Unlike me, posting a reply at a lot more sane time of 3:44 am.:D :D :D
Your in with the rest of us crazies,
Chris

SBETigg
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
This is the main reason we've never kept a trip a secret. I love to talk about it, and the kids love being a part of the pre-planning. Well, my daughter does. My son gets tired of the Disney talk, but he still loves to be there. We've always gone with the philosophy that we're all a part of the family vacation and everyone has a say. Not that I would be opposed to being whisked away, either.

FriendsofMickey
05-10-2007, 08:25 AM
I am not sure I could handle keeping it a secret. I am 199 days away and I have to talk about it to dh at least once a day (I would do more, but he just laughs at me. :blush: )

kakn7294
05-10-2007, 09:18 AM
My DH and DDs know but the rest of my family - parents, sister and her family, and FIL - don't know yet. It was easier keeping the secret and not having to hear their complaints which tend to put a damper on my excitement. Mom will complain that we aren't taking her (she just went with us in Dec), Sister will complain that we're going and she's not although she doesn't actually want to go with us, and FIL will complain about spending the money to go again when we were just there in Dec. We are telling everyone soon but in the mean time, I've been driving my friends at work crazy and fortunately I have my "family" at Intercot!

BigRedDad
05-10-2007, 09:57 AM
I am jealous. I want to plan a surprise trip for DW and DD's first trip. My wife is a teacher, so our timings are limited. If she gets in a Year-Round school (on 9 weeks, off 3 weeks), I am going to plan a 10-12 day trip when she is off for 3 weeks. I will not tell her or DD. The day before, I will hand her the plane tickets and tell her to pack.

:thedolls:

septembergirl
05-10-2007, 11:39 PM
I am jealous. I want to plan a surprise trip for DW and DD's first trip. My wife is a teacher, so our timings are limited. If she gets in a Year-Round school (on 9 weeks, off 3 weeks), I am going to plan a 10-12 day trip when she is off for 3 weeks. I will not tell her or DD. The day before, I will hand her the plane tickets and tell her to pack.

:thedolls:

That's sounds so great! She will surely love that! My DH wants to keep it a secret because he doesn't want the kids to hear any negative comments from anyone. I am respecting his wishes but it's still making me :blowup:.

TiggerRPh
05-10-2007, 11:48 PM
My DH insists that we keep our upcoming vacation a :secret: and it is driving me crazy:silly:! I want to talk about WDW all the time...It's an obsession. A sickness, if you will.

Is anyone else experiencing this?:fit:

We did that with our February trip...it was hard.

Mickey91
05-11-2007, 01:01 AM
The best I've ever been able to secretly do is leave a day early. This year I am trying to keep secret, taking my DD to BBB and then to My Princess tea. Also, we are secretly planning the Behind the Steam Trains tour for DS. It is May, we are going in Sept. Can I keep my mouth shut that long??? My DH chuckles behind me!:funny: