PDA

View Full Version : Simpsons Movie

baldburke
05-09-2007, 11:04 PM
There are so many sequels coming out this summer with big names that Hollywood probably expects it to be an easy trip to the bank. And if this past weekend's opening of Spiderman is any indication it will be.

But I am wondering, is anyone excited about The Simpsons movie coming out? Or have they passed their prime? I used to watch the original airings of the Simpsons for years and still watch it from time to time in syndication. And while it is still good, during its best years it was superb.

So I am wondering if after what I believe to be 17 years on the air (excluding Tracey Ullman) does anyone still care?

I'd be willing to go see it for fun but might have trouble finding someone to join me.

2Epcot
05-10-2007, 12:24 AM
I'm looking forward to the Simpsons Movie. I've watched the show since it first started. I think a movie should have been done 10 years ago, so it is somewhat overdue. It will be interesting to see how well it does at the box office.

I still watch the new shows on Fox and find the writing is still good. I also love to see them keeping the show so up-to-date, with current references and technology in the show. The Simpsons is the longest running sitcom, and longest running animated program in Amercian history.

Last Friday when we went to see Spiderman, we took pictures next to the life size Simpsons display in the theater lobby.

Dracula766
05-10-2007, 01:21 AM
In my opinion, The Simpsons is the greatest show ever created and I've been watching it from the very beginning. In the past, anytime that talk of a Simpsons movie would come up I would cringe. The last thing I wanted was for my favorite characters to be tossed into a drawn out movie that was hastily put together just to cash in.

When the Simpsons movie was officially announced, I was hesitant to embrace it but the trailers and preview footage that I've seen changed my mind.

Now I can't wait for July 27th!!!:joy: :joy:

Figgyluv03
05-10-2007, 12:19 PM
I think I have passed my prime with that show, but I'll probably end up going to see it. It comes out of DBf's birthday and his friend's birthday is the week before and he's a huge simpsons fan. You should see his christmas tree! All simpsons and dunkin donuts.

CrazyStitch
05-10-2007, 03:46 PM
I'm not chomping at the bit to see it (that honor goes to Transformers :thumbsup: ), but I do want to see this. I usually catch the show after work, with two showings at 6pm and 7pm.

Movieguy
05-10-2007, 04:41 PM
I've always loved the simpsons, but I've been rather indifferent about the most recent seasons. They basically can think of nothing for character development, and basically have episodes where one character goes through all these changes, accompanied by endless celebrity guest voices, only to suddenly return to the way he/she was before by the end.

This movie has me interested though. I think I'm gonna hear what other people have to say about it before i go see it.