PDA

View Full Version : Spaceship Earth, refurb questions....

DisneyorBust
05-09-2007, 05:31 PM
When does SE officially close for refurb?
When is it expected to reopen?
I have read about the refurb being done in 'phases'; does that mean that there will be periods of times when it will be open?
Just curious. We will be there in the begining of December and it looks like we will miss one of my favorite attractions, but it does need a refurb. Hopefully they will save the Jeremy Irons narration.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-09-2007, 05:38 PM
I know there's another thread on this but I can't find it right now. The way I remember reading it though, it sounds like it should be open by the begining of December. They said that all the details won't be completed until January I think, but the majority should be done and ready for you and me by December. :thumbsup:

KAJUNKING
05-09-2007, 05:43 PM
i am so upset that i will miss se in sept, the only redeeming factor is hm will just be re-opening when i get there :mickey:

DizNee143
05-10-2007, 10:21 AM
its gonna be weird going in Nov..and not being able to ride spaceship earth!!..im trying to figure out the refurb. dates for this also...with all this phases stuff its getting alittle confusing..

mermaidmarian
05-10-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't know if it is going to be fully closed during this refurbishment period. We just got back and it was open over the weekend, closed again on Monday and was purportedly reopening again on Friday.

Perhaps the refurbishment work is being done in stages, which won't necessitate full closure through to completion.

disneydaisy
05-11-2007, 06:54 AM
The WDW website indicates it will be closed from July 9 through November 1. I too am disappointed. My DD7 remembers going on this ride a lot in 2004 with her Grandad and said that this was the first ride she wanted to do again with him. We are going in October.:(

Carol
05-11-2007, 07:16 AM
When in doubt click the info central tab at the top of the screen. It's updated constantly. :thumbsup:

Closing & Refurbishment Schedule (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/calendar/refurb.asp)

Spaceship Earth will be closed on the following dates for refurbishment; May 7 - 10, 2007, June 22 - 23, 2007 and July 9 - November 1, 2007.