PDA

View Full Version : If you could live in one of the Disney Parks

CapeCodTigger
05-09-2007, 03:57 PM
Ok, here's soemthing fun that will take your mind off of work for a bit. This is complete fantasy, a make believe, a "what if" type thread so anything is possible. If it was possible to live in anyone of the Disney Parks, in any attraction (as soon as you wanted to live there, it would be livable, like magic :magic: ), where would you live and in what attraction would you live in? Here are the very simple rules of this thread:
1) Multiple answers are permitted ~ If you want a main home and a vacation home, so be it.
2) More than one person can have the same location ~ This is Disney after all, anything is possible.
3) If you want a place in more than one park, so be it.
4) Have fun.

Ok, I'll go first. I'd want three homes, The Swiss Family Treehouse, The Haunted Mansion and the Pairates of the Caribbean. The treehouse would be my main house during the warm months of the year and if I wanted to cool off a bit, I'd head to either Pirates, or the Mansion. Ok, who's next?

SBETigg
05-09-2007, 04:17 PM
I would live in the castle, especially now that they put beds and a jacuzzi in there! I would vacation around the other parks, but still come back to sleep in the castle. I could definitely live there. That's not a very imaginative answer, is it?

2Epcot
05-09-2007, 04:33 PM
My choice would be Epcot living upstairs at the American Adventure attraction. I would have a great view of Spaceship Earth, and can easliy walk to the other countries in World Showcase. :mickey:

DVC2004
05-09-2007, 04:39 PM
Ditto on living in the castle- what gal wouldn't want to be a princess? My vacation home would be the Mexico Pavillion at Epcot. It's so cool in there plus those margaritas!:marg:

Tygger7
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Let's see...tough question. I'd definitely want a summer house in Expedition Everest so I could hang with the Yeti. :tigger:

The castle would be truly awesome...and as someone said, it's already hooked up with the jacuzzi! And, you'd feel like royalty.

I also liked the vote for the Mexican pavilion...I love that place!:marg: I think I'd just rotate between the 3!

mickeys_princess_mom
05-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I would live in the castle, especially now that they put beds and a jacuzzi in there! I would vacation around the other parks, but still come back to sleep in the castle. I could definitely live there.

Me, too! And I'd have supper every evening at The World Showcase in Epcot...:cloud9:

septembergirl
05-09-2007, 05:24 PM
Fun!:mickey3:
I would live in Spaceship Earth, as is. I fell in love with it as a teenager and I am sentimentally attached to it. This would give me proximity to the WS for meals. Then I could vacation over in the MK, with :peter: as my second home giving me access to :mjump: Philharmagic. As for MGM, I would have to reserve the :kermit: :gonzo: :fozzie: as first choice with the option of 50's Prime Time Cafe.

AllDisney
05-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I'd pick Typhoon Lagoon so I could hang out at the beach and AK to simply enjoy nature all day, when not at the beach, of course!

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-09-2007, 05:33 PM
I would like to make my main home at the Land pavilion @ EPCOT. You would have a cool new ride, a nice water ride and good food! How much better could it be than that? My vacation home would probably have to be the MK Castle.

KAJUNKING
05-09-2007, 05:39 PM
i would have to say, live on main street. and keep access to all other parks :mickey:

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 05:45 PM
Since we're dreaming, I'm living at the castle. I can go out and ride the carousel and Dumbo anytime I want. And, since I own the place, I'm putting Mr Toads Wild Ride in where the play ground is. Boy do I miss that!! The TTA will be extended around the park with various stops to make getting around my grounds a lot easier:mickey: .

My vacation home will be Space Ship Earth. Forget the renovations. It will be great to vacation where I can visit many countries and the future all at once!:mickey:

Wow this is fun!!!!!:cheer: Did I mention that I would settle for a tent 10 miles out???

DoraDoug
05-09-2007, 06:07 PM
I would definitely live at the castle :princess: and have the fort on Tom Sawyer's Island for those vacations that I decide to "rough" it. :cowgirl:

wire0monkey
05-09-2007, 06:10 PM
I want to live in the Swiss Family Treehouse!

I loved that thing as a kid.

GenieOfPA
05-09-2007, 06:33 PM
i'd prob live in the pirates of the carribean ride... then i would never have to worry about money again. not with all that treasure lying around of course ;)

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2007, 10:43 PM
Have to be the castle!:thumbsup: :mickey:

RAIDER
05-10-2007, 03:59 AM
I would live in the Rose & Crown area..brilliant view of the lake /pond , excellent beer :beer: and food and i could listen to the British Invasion :rocker: :cloud9:

Spaceship Tigger
05-10-2007, 08:18 AM
I would go with Spaceship Earth, especially since there is already a corporate lounge area attached to it. I'm sure I could find somewhere in there to live. :)

c&d
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I pick Animal Kingdom in A Bug's Life. I love the walk down to the ride and I could get up anytime and go on a safari and then off to EE. I just love walking around the park.

Summer home, Typhoon Lagoon. It's hot and humid in the summer so I could just walk out my door and be cooled off. Oh yeah and I could finally learn how to :surfing:

k_reile
05-10-2007, 09:42 AM
I would want to live in the MK in the Cinderella Castle!!:princess:

DizNee143
05-10-2007, 09:43 AM
what a fun thread!!
hmm..i would want to live in Spaceship Earth!!...how awesome would that be!!..and i wouldnt mind living in the Castle or Splash Mountain also...and if there was a way to live at least close by to WedWay aka TTA..and i could have that running through my home!!!! :thumbsup:

Belle619
05-10-2007, 11:00 AM
I think I would live on Main Street as my main home. I would have a summer home in the France Pavillion at Epcot, but also a weekend get-away in the jungles of AK.

tink&cinderblabla2185
05-10-2007, 11:48 AM
I would live in the Tree of Life and vacation at the Castle :cloud9: that way I could wake up to the animals every morning:elephant: but have the option of feeling like a princess whenever I want!:princess:

BriarRose0708
05-10-2007, 11:57 AM
Great idea for a thread!

I would rent Minnie's Country Home from her when she's not using it (and eat all that cheese in her fridge, yum!) and live in the castle the rest of the time.

TheRustyScupper
05-10-2007, 01:46 PM
1) I'd pick France in Epcot.
2) They stripped-out the 2nd floor.
3) Should be lots of room for a good sized apartment.

Ian
05-10-2007, 01:54 PM
I would want to live in the MK in the Cinderella Castle!!:princess:Having done that for one night already, I agree ... that would be my choice!!

Second choice would probably be Haunted Mansion or the Pirates.

Donald Duck 224
05-10-2007, 04:04 PM
Castle would be a good choice as well as SE, but my first choice would be buzz lightyear so i could play it all the time. Or maybe mickeys toon town house.

Belle--86
05-10-2007, 04:10 PM
I would have to agree living in the Castle would be the best:thumbsup: of course I would need a vacation home, probally AK close to nature and I get to hang out with the Yetti.

lyle21
05-10-2007, 04:28 PM
spring in paris....duh
summer in the castle, far above the maddening crowd
fall right on main street
winter in the liberty tree tavern for a cozy colonial christmas

LoriMistress
05-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Cinderella's Castle...hands down.

LilOrmstonViolet38
05-10-2007, 09:46 PM
i would have to say the castle would be a great experience, but my heart tells me to stay in Walts Apartment.... then when i wake up i could face the castle... the bright morning glow as the sun comes up across the castle... that would be amazing! and the treeless view looking right at it... perfect. :cloud9:

indytraveler
05-10-2007, 09:54 PM
Picking something besides the Castle. Who wouldn't want that for a home. I'll keep it simple by staying above the Ice Cream shop on Main St. USA. Wonderful view of the Castle see the train depot down the street and access to all wonderful spots just outside my front door.

mymickeymouse
05-10-2007, 10:37 PM
EZ!!!! MGM- TOT!!! How cool would that be?:thumbsup:

darthmacho
05-11-2007, 08:01 AM
Darth Macho wants to live in the Mexico Pavilion! :sombrero:

gueli
05-11-2007, 09:46 AM
:pirate: A little something different-
Imagination- a place to sleep, breakfast at the land, dinner around the world.
Although maybe the Japanese tower for ones apartment (at least I could get up late).
:pirate:

Marker
05-11-2007, 09:58 AM
Ok, I hate to be TOO logical here, but since they added the suite in Cinderella's Castle, I know there would be beds, a shower, and a toilet, tv, etc..... so I'm going to have to pick Cinderella's Castle. I mean, I love Spaceship earth, and Splash Mountain, but the idea of sleeping in those ride vehicles, going round and round and round...... not sure I'd wanna live in them.

Interesting thought though, I wonder if they'll add more special suites (like the one in the castle) to other parks.

BelleBeauty
05-11-2007, 12:43 PM
I've been giving this a lot of thought. I don't think I would want to live right inside one of the rides. Of course, I would want them as my backyard, to have access to whenever my little heart desired.

I would want to live in one of the upper "apartments" in New Orleans Square (DLR), possibly with my own private entrance to Club 33.

My vacation home would be in Adventureland, one of the second floor apartments where I could have all the Dole Whips I desired, a view of the Swiss Family Tree House, AND, since I have complete creative freedom - the back side of my vacation home would be in Frontierland, giving me a western balcony!

Funny how I went with DLR when I am totally a WDW girl - guess the real esate setup there appealed to me more :mickey:

January-2007
05-11-2007, 01:52 PM
I would love to live in Minnie Mouse's house in Toontown in the Magic Kingdom. Just imagine all the plastic furniture and stuff come real. To be able to look through the books, etc. it would all be so neat.

The Swiss Family Treehouse would also be awesome, especially in nice weather, just looking out on the stars. Cinderella's Castle Suite? But of course! Minnie's house would be my regular house, and these two could be special places just for sometimes. Fun question!

Juniorunc2001
05-11-2007, 02:37 PM
i think Walt's personal apt would be the best place. You could see everything in MK!

Ian
05-11-2007, 04:17 PM
i think Walt's personal apt would be the best place. You could see everything in MK!If you were in Walt's apartment you wouldn't be looking out at MK, since Walt's apartment is in Disneyland.

Walt never had an apartment built in Walt Disney World, although there was one planned for the Castle. It just was never built since he passed before construction even began on the resort.

Juniorunc2001
05-11-2007, 04:57 PM
whooops - i knew that!
guess i am ready for friday to be over!!

in that case, i guess the castle at WDW will have to do!
:)

dumbo ears
05-11-2007, 05:30 PM
In one of the buildings second floors that are on mainstreet. prefurably above the bakery because all the smells would come through for u to smell.

DakotaDisney
05-11-2007, 05:40 PM
I think my choice would be to live at Animal Kingdom Lodge.

If I chose a park it would be Main Street at MK. This way I would have fun views with easy access to tranporation and everything else. I would like a backyard get-away at Swiss Family Robinson and for a relaxing get-away I would go to the castle and I would also use the castle for any special guests.

Weekend get-aways would be at the Tree of Life at AK. And for vacations I would have a place in Norway at Epcot and a place on Disney Cruise Lines.

TKSax
05-11-2007, 08:29 PM
If I had to live in a Hotel, it would probably be the GF or Poly.

If was to live in a park My first choice would be Epcot, Somewhere near the water or in the living seas.

If I were to live in MK I it would be above the Train Station at the Main Entrance.

In MGM I would live in the HAT! :).

In the Animal Kingdom I would live on one of the Docks that that the river ride used to use.

LudwigVonDrake
05-11-2007, 09:51 PM
Disney-MGM. I love the 40's Hollywood vibe of Sunset and Hollywood Boulevards :cool:

AdventurerKim
05-12-2007, 09:16 AM
My main home would be The Haunted Mansion. I would want the option of staying in Cinderella castle anytime I felt like it, and I would want a room at Poly so I could go there whenever I felt like it. :mickey:

Darbylew
05-12-2007, 09:53 AM
In the MK my choice would be to live in the
castle. At Epcot I would choose to live on the
land ride hoping for fresh fruit and veggies
anytime I was hungry. At MGM I would pick the
Great Movie Ride. AK would be Tough to be a
Bug - I love that tree of life. :mickey:
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT AND GOING BACK
MAY 29..........:D

WDWfeelslikehome
05-15-2007, 08:22 PM
I would need to first make sure that I had a 2nd home at the castle, or my :princess: DW might explode. My 1st home would be on the island in the world showcase. I could watch Illuminations with the best view every night, I could easily grab breakfast at the Boardwalk Bakery, lunch at ESPN, and dinner in WS. I could also go for a swim in SB, as long as my intercot dreams allowed me to pool hop without bounds :thumbsup: :cool: , I would also have a weekend getaway somewhere safe from being eaten in Africa at AK, then I could eat at Flametree every weekend, and maybe skip over to AKL for a dip and some vittles. Oh to dream :cloud9: I wish that powerball had a lotto big enough to grant even part of this, but they alas do not, and that's why we all plan so diligently for our WDW trips, long to be there, and enjoy every second that we are there.:)

ghost999
05-15-2007, 09:16 PM
definately E.E. on the main home, then POTC and Rockin rollercoaster next. It would be AWESOME :mickey:

mdearmas
05-15-2007, 09:22 PM
I would definitely live in the magic kingdom! probably somewhere on main street

mook3y
05-16-2007, 10:04 AM
I am thinking the tree of life could hold a very nice sized swiss family tree house. :mickey:

January-2007
05-16-2007, 10:13 AM
I know I already replied to this thread, but I just realized, hello! of course I would also love to stay at the Hollywood Tower Hotel in MGM, otherwise known as the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror. How cool would that be? Have real cool 1939 hotel rooms, other guests, room service, and a quick ride on the elevator... except not so much with the whole drop... just to be able to be on that ride again without feeling sick... and to stay the night? That would be too cool! It would be another vacation home. I love the music they play and how it feels when you look around while waiting in line, it really is like being in California a long time ago. Love it! :mickey:

grumpycajun
05-16-2007, 01:55 PM
I'd live in spaceship earth. My vacation home would be Carousel of Progress. Imaging hanging out in all those retro rooms!:cool:

snifflesmcg
05-16-2007, 02:32 PM
Ok, Castle aside since everyone would like to do that, I'm going live in the Haunted Mansion....Why you ask? Because it's a MANSION! I'd have a great view of the whole park. I'd also buy homes in UK for the cottages and that way I could eat around the world every night.

texasteacher
08-16-2007, 11:06 PM
I would pick World Showcase because I would always have interesting food and entertainment!

Fantasmic
08-17-2007, 08:49 AM
I would live in Chick-A-Pin hill :D

DisneyCouture
08-17-2007, 09:35 AM
I would live in the castle, since it has been renovated to an awesome place to be. I would then vacation in the haunted mansion to have a party, and then vacation in the Chefs de France. :hmghost:

fielin
08-17-2007, 09:35 AM
I would love to live in the Animal Kingdom... But I don't really see a building that would suit me !

Maybe I would be able to take residence in one of the shops on discovery Island ?

Then I would choose a vacation home in the Twilight Tower of Terror, and up the mountain at Blizzard Beach !

WDWgoofy
08-17-2007, 01:06 PM
My daughter has always wanted to live in the UK at Epcot, sounds good to me, too!

ryca1dreams
08-17-2007, 01:08 PM
I would live on the Kilimanjaro Safari. I would make low-impact camp somewhere safe (away from the lions).

For fun I would go over to the Kali River Rapids and throw buckets of water on people who were wearing ponchos on the ride to make sure they got wet.

My vacation home would be the Japanese Pavilion.

jennsky
08-17-2007, 08:55 PM
I'd happily move into one of the houses along the water in POTC....preferably one that's not on fire. My second choice for my summer vacation home would be into one of the shops inside the Mexican Pailion. I love the permanent night atmosphere in there!

IloveDisney71
08-17-2007, 08:58 PM
I would live in the castle, especially now that they put beds and a jacuzzi in there! I would vacation around the other parks, but still come back to sleep in the castle. I could definitely live there. That's not a very imaginative answer, is it?
:ditto: I don't care if it's not very imaginative - That's where I would LOVE to live! :)

The Bookseller
08-18-2007, 01:45 AM
I got my perfect spot and no-one claimed it yet.

I want to live in the castle part of the Canadian Pavilion. The big building at the top of "Le Cellier" restaurant is a composite of 3 famous Canadian hotels. I just can't assume there's not enough place in for a two (or even three) stories house in it.

There's also the perfect view for Illuminations...

:fworks::fworks::fworks::fworks::fworks::fworks:

baldburke
08-20-2007, 10:46 AM
In the cinderella castle in MK
In England pavllion in Epcot
On the Pooh Ride in MK