PDA

View Full Version : Concierge Level Service

MMouse6937
05-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Hello all.

I was listening to one of my Disney podcasts and they were talking about concierge level rooms at the different resorts which got DH and I talking. We have now been to WDW quite a few years in a row now and I have no intentions of not spending my vacation there, but we thought we might look into conceirge level next time we go as a way to enjoy a different aspect of WDW. We are very interested in the AKL and thought we could then spend more time at the resort relaxing and enjoying the amenities there.

I don't know anything about the price, they haven't released 2008 info yet, but I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the concierge at any resort. What were the lounges like? Any special events or things to enjoy? Extra perks, etc?

Thanks for any info you guys have in helping us make the decision!! :thumbsup:

Dicecatt262
05-09-2007, 03:20 PM
I can tell you that in my opinion, staying at AKL if you don't have a Savannah view is not what I would choose, and Concierge at AKL you might get a pool view...The staff is super nice, don't get me wrong, but I am unwilling to chance no Savannah view. There are a couple of perks though, there is a Sunrise safari, and a dinner type safari too...

I'd try Concierge at the Poly or the Wilderness Lodge, first. All club level guests can do the special Safari at AK, it is the Wildlife Excursion. Poly and WL share preplanners and they are terrific...I adore Cara, Sarah, and Lisette...so friendly and ON IT. The Poly has better lounge offerings, but is more expensive.

Some perks...not having to call for your own ADRs...having your packages delivered to your room instead of the gift shop, automatic turn down service, lounge offerings almost all day, with snacks, sodas, cordials, wine, etc. A good location in the hotel, usually...the Hawaii building is in a fantastic spot, and Old Faithful club has tables that surround the entire level so you look down on the magnificent Wilderness Lobby.

As you can tell, I love staying concierge, and I do it as often as possible!

pox24
05-09-2007, 03:35 PM
My wife and I have had CS at the Poly, WL, and the GF and the BW. By far the Poly was the best. The food was unbelievable. It filled us up at each different time of day. The concierge rooms are facing the castle or the gardens. The lounge looks across to the MK and is a great spot for "Wishes" and the Water Pageant. The BW was also very nice. The GF was very elegant but stuffy. I would chose the Poly any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

TammiMcMan
05-09-2007, 04:16 PM
Club levels are offered at the WL, AKL, Poly, BWI, YC, BC and two different club level options are available at the GF and CR. Each one is different and as you can see, there are many opinions about which ones are best. In terms of exclusive offerings, that only applies to the AKL sunrise safari. You have to be a guest of the club level there to participate. AKL club level guests also get a discount off the sunset safari, but that is open to any AKL guest. As mentioned, there is an afternoon safari available to any club level guest.

If you're interested, you may want to start with a resort theme that appeals to you. Otherwise you can go a little crazy trying to dissect each club level and pick your favorite. For the basics, all do offer the same amenities and service. You're aided by a pre-planner who can help you with all aspects of planning your vacation. That can include booking your ADR's, tours, spa appointments, arranging transportation, purchasing gifts ahead of time and helping out with a special celebration. The rooms themselves are no different than a regular standard room and at some of the resorts, view is only a request and cannot be guaranteed. Lounges all have the same general serving guidelines.... 6:30am coffee/tea, 7:00 - 10:30am continental breakfast, 11am - 4pm bowls of snacks, 5pm - 7pm, wine/beer, cheese & crackers, 1 or 2 hot items highlighting a resort restaurant, 8pm - 10pm, cordials and desserts.

I can try and offer some views that may help you:

YC/BC - Great location, amazing pre-planning staff. 5th floor houses the club level. Views are bookable, avoid standard though (overlooks the parking lot). Lounge is on the small side, also overlooks the parking lot.

BWI - Another great location, shares the same pre-planning staff with YC/BC. Seems to attract more adults. Lounge is comfortable and overlooks the Boardwalk and Illuminations.

AKL - Exclusive booking of the sunrise safari, discounted rate on the sunset safari. Big, open lounge, African Smoothies and one of the best coffee machines. Not sure what is going to happen with this in the future though, as DVC may share the lounge. Room view not guaranteed, room floor not guaranteed.

WL - Fairly new lounge setup. Seating is arranged around the balcony, looking down upon the lobby. Shares pre-planning staff with the Poly.

CR - Two floors of club level service, Atrium and Tower. Atrium is on the 12th floor and very recent renovations here have added a lovely lounge overlooking the MK. Tower Club is on the 14th floor and contains mostly suites. Views can be requested, not guaranteed.

Poly - A whole building set aside for concierge. Beautiful multi-level lounge that overlooks the lagoon and MK. 2nd floor rooms don't have a balcony, views are bookable, but a few lagoon rooms don't have a clear view of the castle. Not sure if Chef Dick is still around, but he's a treasure.

GF - Offers two club levels, Lodge concierge and Royal Palm Club. Lodge concierge is in an outer building, very comfortable, very bed & breakfast type feel. Royal Palm is on the 3rd, 4th and 5th floor of the main building. Airy and open lounge with seating overlooking the lobby. Lots of romance. Instead of the snack service running from 11am - 4pm, the GF has it from 11am - 1:30 and then from 2pm - 4pm, they have an English tea, in keeping with the theme. Views can be requested, not guaranteed.

Polynesian fan
05-09-2007, 05:52 PM
We stayed Poly concierge three times last year. Loved it every time. The lounge is great plenty of food all day long. If they don't have out what you need just ask & they are more than happy to get it for you. We just got back last week from our first stay at the Grand concierge sugar loaf. I think this might be my new favorite although the Poly is still my family's favorite. I felt sugar loaf was more convienent to the main building and boat dock compared to the Poly. There was no castle view like we were used to in Hawaii at the Poly but we could see Wishes from our balcony. The only difference in the lounge was sugar loaf only had alcohol out at certain times where at the Poly you can get beer and wine in the afternoon thru evening. The Poly had milk in pints that you can take back to your room and at sugar loaf it was only out in a big thermos. Those were the only differences we noticed. The lounge was smaller but we didn't mind, it didn't have a view so we didn't spend much time there. Compared to the Poly the rooms do need to be rehabed. The new falt screen tv's and newly furnished rooms at the Poly are very nice. We will be back at the Poly LVC in Oct. but are thinking about trying the Grand concierge again for Jan 08.