PDA

View Full Version : Play and Dine or LTT

PracticallyPerfectMollie
05-09-2007, 01:25 PM
I am having difficulty deciding between these two. Has anyone done both or have strong feelings either way. We are also doing 1900 park fare but i thought i'd add one more character meal.

Nicki'sMom
05-09-2007, 03:32 PM
I am in the same boat as you are. I have ADR's for both but have never been to either. I have been trying to get people to post for Play and Dine because I have heard so much about LTT. This is what I have come up with about the two. LTT is a family style meal sponsored by Stouffers. That being said I think the Hollywood and Vine buffet will be better food. Each have different characters so that can help you decide as well. I have heard mixed reviews about LTT but more good than bad. Just be prepared for the kind of food offered and I think that makes for a positive experience. Good luck with your decision!

PracticallyPerfectMollie
05-09-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm leaning toward play and dine simply because my child may outgrow it by the next time we go, but on the other hand i have heard great things about LTT.

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 06:12 PM
We have been to LLT every trip but one. It is a traditional Thanksgiving feast! Wonderful!!!! We didn't care for the Mac n cheese but everything else was wonderful!!!
We have dined at H&V twice. We have not been there since the Playhouse Disney gang came in though. We liked the food okay the last time. Nothing to write home about except the chocolate truffle cups. The first time I needed to get something else later. I guess it depends on your taste. I would check out a menu of what is offered and go from there.:mickey:

SallyfromDE
05-09-2007, 06:23 PM
I haven't done the Play buffet, although I have done the H&V in the past. The food was just okay. It was our least favorite. Actually, I had a hard time finding something I'd like. I was there in Sept., before they had characters. LTT is probably the best meal I've had. Again, we did it in Sept. The food was excellent, the waiter was excellent, the characters were excellent. We loved it.

cindyrellinut
05-09-2007, 09:04 PM
If you have preschool aged kids or younger I would say H&V. My son is 3 and I took him last year and he loved it. We went for breakfast and the food was about the same as other buffets we had gone to. I went just after it had changed to the Playhouse Disney characters and not many people knew about it. It was empty and he had tons of time with the characters. June and Leo sat down and fed him his breakfast.:thumbsup: I've never been to LTT so I can't say about that one.

tinksmom02
05-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Never done LTT (sounds good, but Thanksgiving food can be a little heavy sometimes, IMO), but DD4 really enjoyed H&V in January (we did lunch). The character interaction was great, there was singing and dancing, and the food was pretty decent...everyone in our party found something they liked. Not the greatest food, although it wasn't terrrible, but the atmosphere really made up for it.

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2007, 10:53 PM
I would go with LTT!:mickey: Food is scrumptious! I love the traditional characters! My DKs look forward to this one!

BritCody
05-10-2007, 07:26 AM
We have eaten at both and if we had to choose between the two, the winner would always be LTT. The Buffet at H&V is ok but the food at LTT is great

Nicki'sMom
05-10-2007, 03:59 PM
See, people really like LTT and I am not a picky eater, so I will probably like it too. I tend to have a good attitude when dining out and am very generous with my "ratings". It takes a really bad meal for me to complain. All in all, I think LTT will be great and H&V good too.

illini
05-10-2007, 04:13 PM
I know I'm in the minority, but to me, LTT was :sick: . Boxed stuffing, mashed potatoes from flakes, boxed mac 'n' cheese. I can make that at home for about $8 for all 5 of us (not that I would-- hate that boxed stuff-- except good mac 'n' cheese). The meat was OK, a bit dry. I will say that the character interaction was fabulous there-- the best we had anywhere including CRT.
I haven't done Play and Dine, but we did eat at H&V. It was decent-- definitely better than LTT. At least there's a selection there so you can avoid the things you find yucky. If your little one will outgrow it before the next trip, I'd definitely do it now. LTT and their boxed stuffing will still be there!
Oh, and for the record... I'm NOT a picky eater!