PDA

View Full Version : Had to cancel trip

Marilyn Michetti
05-09-2007, 12:39 PM
I'm going to post this here, because this is where I can boo-hoo., and will get "warm fuzzies" back. :cry:

I just got finished cancelling our Dec. trip. SOG has officially been notified. We hadn't bought our AP's yet, so we're not out any $$.

Multiple Sclerosis and Arthritis are taking their toll, and I'm only "up" and active for around five hours a day. I'm going to be doing LOTS of passive physical therapy in the pool, and hopefully will get into another great remission, so we can go next year. I LOVE Christmas at Disney, but am a big girl, and am able to see this for what it is. I'll be back.

I THINK this will be the first year in 10 that we've had to admit that (maybe) our age is catching up to us:blush:

I'm sure going to miss WDW this Dec. DH says maybe we can skip over to Anaheim for a couple of days. We're only six hours away, and have never been. It won't be the same, but it would be fun to actually be where Walt started this park empire.

In the meantime, I'll be on the boards just like always. Thanks for listening.:(

DVC2004
05-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I'm so sorry, Marilyn. It must have been a difficult decision. I am sending some pixie dust; I hope you feel better. You know, you will really enjoy DL California- we've been twice. Most recently this past February. It's a great time and the many of the rides are slightly different. I think you should go ahead with that plan.

Figgyluv03
05-09-2007, 12:51 PM
I'm sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip! Get well! :pixie: I'm sending you some pixie dust to brighten your day!:D

offwego
05-09-2007, 01:28 PM
Sorry to hear this..hope it's going to be a short term change and that you'll have the remmision you need.

disneyfan369
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
Oh no, I'm so sorry!! I hope you feel better and you get to go to WDW for a nice long trip.

KylesMom
05-09-2007, 01:48 PM
I can only imagine how disappointed you are, Marilyn.
I THINK this will be the first year in 10 that we've had to admit that (maybe) our age is catching up to us
NAH, it's just a phase . . . albeit a difficult one. Sending loads of pixie dust to help you back on the road to Disney World.

Belle619
05-09-2007, 01:51 PM
I am so sorry to hear this, but if you are able to make a trip to DL, I'm sure you won't be disappointed! It is smaller and there is much less walking than at WDW, which is why I would love to take my parents there someday (they have arthritis and other health problems and weren't able to join us on our WDW trip this year.)

I hope you are feeling better again soon. :mickey:

MMouse6937
05-09-2007, 03:00 PM
Oh Marilyn, some :pixie: on the way for you

I can only imagine how heartbreaking it must be to have to cancel your trip.

Here's to hoping you can get back on your feet soon and back to Disney!!

Also, try DL if it's closer. We went there last year for the 50th anniversary. It wasn't the same of course, but it was still a great way to get your Disney fix and see the park that started it all!!

:hug: to you!!

T-Belle
05-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Oh Marilyn, I'm so sorry! Let's just concentrate on getting you better. Sending hugs and Pixie Dust..:hug: :pixie:

Here we go again...
05-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Oh Marilyn, I am sooooooo sorry to hear this. I love listening to you talk about your trips, you have a love of Disney that is amazing.
I am sending you prayers and :pixie: . I pray that you go back into remission real soon.

SBETigg
05-09-2007, 03:39 PM
Oh, Marilyn, how disappointing for you! I'm sorry you had to give up your trip, though it does sound like a wise decision at this point. Work that therapy! Consider yourself in training for WDW. I hope it gets better for you soon. And hey, Disneyland is a great idea! I hope that works out for you. That could be fun. Best wishes for feeling better.

2Epcot
05-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Sorry to hear that you won't make it to WDW this year. Hopefully you can get over to Disneyland. I think you will enjoy it, especially since you said you've never been there. I grew up near where you live in Chandler, and we used to go over to Disneyland at least once a year.
:pixie:

RenDuran
05-09-2007, 04:19 PM
I'm really sorry to hear about you trip cancellation. I can empathize, we just recently cancelled our June trip, though not for health reasons....I was sad and miserable for a week! Go buy a WDW guide book or just keep plugging away here on Intercot.....they're both good ways to get a Disney fix!:mickey:

DizNee143
05-09-2007, 04:32 PM
im so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip!! i hope you feel better soon and will be able to get back to disney very soon!!! :mickey:

DisneyorBust
05-09-2007, 04:51 PM
Sorry to hear that you had to cancel your December trip.
I think that your husband has a pretty good idea, hit Disney Land for a couple of days and then as your health improves and you get stronger head back to WDW for a celebration trip!:mickey:
Good luck! Pixie dust and prayers on the way!

LudwigVonDrake
05-09-2007, 04:52 PM
Im sorry you can to cancel your trip. Get well and you'll be back :tink:

mickey&missy
05-09-2007, 05:12 PM
:hug: first, a big hug! I'm so sorry you had to cancel. I hope the MS and athritis go into remission so you can enjoy yourself again!

Go on the trip to DL! I know its not the same, but it will still be very cool! Plus, there isn't as much to do so you'll be able to take it easy!

Good luck and lots of :pixie:

January-2007
05-09-2007, 05:36 PM
I am so sorry you had to cancel your trip! That's so sad! I remember you dishing about the bad taste your friends left during your last trip and now to have to cancel this one, I can't imagine how you're feeling. I really hope you can get back to feeling up and at 'em and enjoy Disneyland. I went to Disneyland the day before Christmas Eve in 2003 and it wasn't that busy at all, it was a lot of fun, so I say do go there around Christmas like you would have to Walt Disney World. Here's lots of :pixie: wishing you to feel well and get the warm fuzzies and know you have lots of friends cheering you on.

Lucille
05-09-2007, 05:53 PM
Marilyn-

I am so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. I really hope that you'll be in remission soon.

I just cancelled my upcoming trip to WDW due to my pregnancy - I didn't want to deal with the heat or all the walking. We chose to vacation at DL instead! It is so much easier to navigate the Disneyland Resort, its just a quick walk from the park to your hotel room and the monorail (which has a station in Tomorrowoand) can really come in handy. We've made it from the back of DL to our hotel room in much less time than in takes to walk to the bus stop from the back of Epcot.

Christmas at DL is absolutely magical! I love the carolers that roam the hotels, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Its a Small World Holiday, the beautiful decorations, special fireworks and spending too much money on souvineers by justifing them as Christmas presents.

I really do hope that your health improves soon!! :mickey:

kakn7294
05-09-2007, 05:57 PM
Oh Marilyn, I'm so sorry you had to cancel! I know how much you love WDW at Christmas. I hope your MS goes into remission and you can start getting around a whole lot better. Here's some Pixie Dust for you! :pixie: You can always send me a PM if you need to vent! We're here for you!

just2mickey
05-09-2007, 06:08 PM
This really saddens me because I have read many of your threads and posts and I always seem to smile a bit when I read them. I hope that you will be in tip top shape as soon as possible. Things have a strange way of working themselves out. Here's to a BIGGER and BETTER trip next time.

bleukarma
05-09-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm sorry you had to cancel your trip! I'll send you some Pixie Dust in hopes that you get all better and your next trip is better then ever! Going to DL for a few days sounds like a good idea! :pixie:

merlinmagic4
05-09-2007, 06:42 PM
Marilyn, I am very sorry about your trip. I hope your physical therapy does wonders and you have a remission very soon. Can you take a "short notice" trip if you start feeling better?

mickeys_princess_mom
05-09-2007, 08:57 PM
It's funny how we feel like we know you after reading each other's posts...You seem like a sweetheart, and I really feel for you. Hope you're feeling much better soon, and get to go enjoy Disneyland! :hug::wave:

MsMin
05-09-2007, 09:33 PM
Marilyn,
I'm so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip. Sending some energizing :pixie: and hopes and prayers that you go into remission real soon.
My cousin's dd has MS and last Dec. didn't think she was going to make her March wedding but she did great. I'm hoping you bounce back soon too.
DL does sound like a great idea. It's not WDW but it is a new adventure.
I won't be going this Dec. either and now I feel bad that I was sad b/c we are going in Oct instead :blush: We will just have to take some virtual trips until you feel better. :pixie:

Marilyn Michetti
05-10-2007, 12:22 AM
Much thanks to all. I'm amazed how we rally to each other's challenges. We're bonded by a common interest - that being "THE MOUSE", but we get to know each other through Intercot.

I've been dealing with M.S. for 35 years, and have had two long remissions - I'm aiming for another. Dr.'s will point out the possibility that this might be an ongoing decline because that 's reality. What they don't know is: I believe in a Power that goes beyond "reality". I believe that healing begins in our minds and heart and soul. DH and DD, as well as my sister are nurses and they see people who absolutely die because someone told them "your condition is serious". Others decide, "not me - not now", and get better. We'll see.

As far as a last minute, "I got better" trip, it could happen. Right now, SOG is almost totally green for Dec., but that's seven months away, and those rooms will start filling up soon. Right now, I think we WILL try for late Nov. at DL. It's only a six hour drive.

I'm going into the pool when it hits 80 degrees. A couple more 100 degree days, and it will be there. I think the water is 77 now.

I'll keep you posted, and again, thanks for all your good wishes, prayers, and good :pixie:

Here we go again...
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
Marilyn,
Do you have a local therapy place that has a heated pool? I go to a wellness program at a therapy place that has a heated pool, a HUGE hot tub and I get full use of the gym. (Not that I can use it...) Any way, it keeps me in the pool year round.

I have been getting in the water 3 to 4 times a week to get ready for this knee replacement. I don't think I could do it if it was not heated. Chilly water hurts my bones.

Have you thought about keeping your room at SOG and canceling a little closer if you do not think you can make it? If you are doing room only you should get a 5 day cancelation, right? I would hate to see you miss this trip.

crazypoohbear
05-11-2007, 07:33 PM
Marilyn,
What a great attitude. I'm sure you will knock the MS back into remission.
My Mom has MS and had the same attitude. She was diagnosed in her 40's "supposedly too old to get it!" Guess she showed them??:confused:
I remember one year she went blind in one eye for a year, she was told she probably wouldn't see again. She got her sight back and then didn't need glasses!:)
Nothing was going to stop her and it didn't. :thumbsup:
She too used the pool as often as she could. Said it made her forget sometimes she couldn't walk well, she felt normal in the water.
I really hope you get back to disney.
I know here in MA the heat really bothered her and made her "legs feel like wet noodles"
So the heat in AZ must be a workout for you.

Keep up the positive attitude, it will serve you well.

tinksmom02
05-11-2007, 10:15 PM
So sorry that you had to cancel your trip. I think your husband's idea of DL is a great one, especially if you've never been. It might take the sting out of not being at WDW if you're someplace Disney that's new to you.

I really admire your attitude towards your health, and I'm sure it was at least partly because of your optimism that you had such long remissions before! I'm hoping your health improves soon! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-11-2007, 11:30 PM
Marilyn, I hope you go back into remission soon. I know the heat really takes it's toll on people with MS.
As my sis already posted, my mom got it when she was 40 something. She wasn't in a wheel chair until just about 4 years ago. And then only because she was put in a nursing home and they don't give her any kind of physical therapy. And she'll be 80 this year.
When she came to WDW with me, we'd rent her a wheelchair and she would just take it easy and only walk when necessary.
Maybe you should keep your reservation and wait until it gets closer to make a decision.
I hope you feel better quick.

Marilyn Michetti
05-12-2007, 12:35 AM
:blush: To answer CrazyPoohBear - yes, it's HOT in Arizona right now - 102 today. We're headed for summer.

You've all heard this, "IT'S A DRY HEAT" Truth is, that's exactly right. We perspire, but it evaporates before we know we should dripping. That also makes us very susceptible to dehydration.

The good news is, for those of us with arthritis and auto-immune diseases, we thrive and get better sometimes. Me and t he bassett, (Bentley has Valley Fever), get in the poos to strenghten our joints. We're a silly looking couple, but we're going to get better.

dtootsie42
05-12-2007, 12:51 AM
I am so sorry that you had to cancel your trip. I do hope that you are feeling better soon and that you go into remission soon.

DL sounds like a wonderful idea. I agree it's not the world but getting a small dose of the Mouse will help your spirits greatly!

Sending :tink: to help you feel better!

mrsgaribaldi
05-13-2007, 02:44 AM
I'm so sorry that you had to cancel Marilyn, I know how sad you must be feeling. Here's some :pixie: :pixie: :pixie: for you to feel better soon. What about a short trip in Oct if you are up to it? You are one of the people I would love to meet:mickey:

pdrlkr
05-13-2007, 10:07 AM
I am so sorry to hear that you had to cancel your trip. :( Hope you feel better soon.

Mousefever
05-13-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm so sorry to hear that you've had to cancel your trip, Marilyn. You are such a nice and classy lady and I only wish the best for you. I'm praying that your therapy goes well and that you'll be in better health soon!

:dory:

showmethemouse
05-28-2007, 07:07 PM
I'm so sorry to hear you had to cancel your trip to disney. Hope you feel better soon . sending pixie dust to you::pixie::pixie::pixie:sob::pout: