PDA

View Full Version : Ohanas for breakfast

moe513
05-09-2007, 12:18 PM
I was wondering how the food and characters are at this breakfast. Thanks

offwego
05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
I love the family style service at this breakfast vs the idea of the buffet and all the trips that makes.

the biscuits are yummy..The bread with coconut and pineapple is amazing and the waffles and eggs and bacon/sausages are always a hit with my guys.

Again as the guests are not "moving around" at the food I find the time with Stitch et al to be very good as there is less "missed family go back" stuff for them to do. We always enjoy it very much.

SurferStitch
05-09-2007, 12:48 PM
DH and I really enjoyed 'Ohana. The food is great, and I love the family style service. It's a very relaxed pace, and you can start your morning nice and calm.

Character interaction is wonderful. No rushing at all, and they really do spend a good amount of time with you (and we have no kids yet).

Stitch is my all-time favorite character, so I was on :cloud9: there. Can't wait to go back this December!

disneydrmr
05-09-2007, 12:50 PM
Another thumbs up! It was the best breakfast I had when I was there! Character interaction was simply superb. Food is wonderful and brought right to you. This is one I would do every morning if I could!

Polynesian fan
05-09-2007, 06:00 PM
This is a must do for us every trip. The food is always fantastic love the bread and the mickey waffles. We like that is a family style breakfast and it is less hectic compared to the other character breakfasts. We usually book the first seating and it is never very busy you usually see all the characters right away and then you can enjoy your breakfast. This is our traditional last day at the world breakfast.

ElenitaB
05-09-2007, 06:06 PM
We really, really enjoyed our breakfast there! Loved the character interaction (poor Lilo... I know how she feels) and the food was pretty darn good as well. It's on our "do again another trip" list.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: from the mom of the family and :thumbsup: :thumbsup: from the kid (now 11)

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 06:13 PM
Awesome character breakfast!!:mickey:

Mom2princesses
05-09-2007, 06:47 PM
It is a great character breakfast we do it everytime we go to WDW. Like another poster this will be our last day at WDW breakfast. Our last fix of the magic!

The food is great and I too love the fact that it is not a buffet! We'll be doing enough of those!

Have a great time and book it!

baldburke
05-09-2007, 10:33 PM
We did Ohana for the first time on our last trip but would definitely do it again. It was a great time. The characters were Lilo and Stitch (of course) and Mickey and I believe Goofy. Our kids had a lot of fun and we really enjoyed the atmosphere of the restaurant. Good luck!

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2007, 10:56 PM
Ohana is fantastic for breakfast!:mickey: Heck, it's fantastic any time!!:thumbsup:

BritCody
05-10-2007, 07:20 AM
This place is great. The food is good and the character interaction was fantastic. We plan on going here again for breakfast on our next trip

Melanie
05-10-2007, 07:34 AM
Love it, love it, love it! Our favorite breakfast on property - for both the food and character interaction. :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
05-10-2007, 08:07 AM
Love it, love it, love it! Our favorite breakfast on property - for both the food and character interaction. :thumbsup:
:ditto: Ours to!

This is always our last breakfast on Disney property. We have always enjoyed all our meals at 'Ohana, both dinner and breakfast.

tron80
05-10-2007, 12:01 PM
Yup best character breakfast around. Character interaction with Lilo & Stitch was great and the food is very,very good. Make sure you try the pineapple bread! :thumbsup:

Belle--86
05-10-2007, 02:06 PM
I love the family style meal, less trips up to a buffet-- which means more character time. The food is good and the character interection is great(especcially since myDD(13) is abig stitch fan). Last yesr was our first time but already a family favorite and a must for every trip.

Nicki'sMom
05-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Its funny how people like to eat here on the last day of their trip. I made a ressie for our last day and didn't mean it but it sounds like I made a great last choice. It was either there or 1900 Park Fare. Only problem is I will have to wait 8 days when I get there to eat the wonderful breakfast!:mickey:

wire0monkey
05-10-2007, 04:11 PM
We took the kids on the last trip. The food was very good, and we had good character interactions. The guy playing Pluto was really great. It was very quiet and relaxed. It didn't feel nearly as rushed or as loud as the breakfast we did at Crystal Palace.

The food was plentiful. We asked for seconds on fruit and they were happy to bring it to us.

illini
05-10-2007, 04:19 PM
The guy playing Pluto was really great.

HUH? What guy playing Pluto? That IS Pluto! :D

We went a couple years ago. Lilo wasn't there, but Stitch was, along with Mickey, Goofy, and a Chipmunk. Characters were great, food was wonderful. I prefer this to Chef Mickey's in all honesty, though the kids love the frantic atmosphere of CM's.

Which reminds me... must convince the kids to let me switch from CM breakfast to here!

moe513
05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Sounds great. I cant wait.

January-2007
05-11-2007, 04:32 PM
I just got an early breakfast reservation here for the end of May since I've had no luck calling and calling for Chef Mickey's. So glad everybody loves it so much, I am so excited! I am so excited to meet Mickey here! :mickey:

Soul_Power
05-11-2007, 05:18 PM
I, too, am really excited to have breakfast here! Does anyone recall how much the picture costs that they take of you at Ohana?

jpH/keD
05-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I love the family style service at this breakfast vs the idea of the buffet and all the trips that makes.

the biscuits are yummy..The bread with coconut and pineapple is amazing and the waffles and eggs and bacon/sausages are always a hit with my guys.

Again as the guests are not "moving around" at the food I find the time with Stitch et al to be very good as there is less "missed family go back" stuff for them to do. We always enjoy it very much.

Yummmm! I knew I read somewhere they had yummy pineapple bread of some kind. My DD6 is such a carbaholic she will love this! Thank you so much for that description! And IMHO nothing is bad w/ cocoanut!! :lei:

gmail
05-14-2007, 11:11 AM
Highly recommend Ohana's for breakfast! Trip to WDW was last minute decision w/4 yr & 1 yr old visiting gdaughters (& parents). Tried to get res to Chef Mickey's totally booked- made these res's w/concierge @ POR (also highly recommend) day before breakfast. Great food - not rushed by staff - they brought fresh
2nds for hubby & son. We had late res (10:10 am). Characters were fun and even had parade for kids w/characters around restaurant! Pics were approx $32.00 for 1 - 5x7 & 4 wallets.

minnie-mouse
05-15-2007, 09:20 AM
OHana's is a lot of fun, especially for the little ones. Characters are great and the food is pretty decent and lots of it!

Hayden's Dad
05-15-2007, 12:57 PM
We went there this past Friday. The food was good, and the characters were great, but they took a LOOOOONNNNGGG time to make their way around the restaraunt. Just make sure you plan to spend some time there otherwise enjoy and have fun.