PDA

View Full Version : Mickey Look-Alike Used To Teach Terrorism

magicman
05-09-2007, 11:34 AM
I came across this sad story (see web address below) where a Mickey look-alike is used to teach terrorism to kids.

www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,270457,00.html

CleveSJM
05-09-2007, 02:29 PM
I saw that yesterday as well. Just shows how incredibly insane these radicals are.

They are using an icon of American love, peace and happiness to say Americans are bad people. Hopefully the children will realize the amazing irony at some point and see that the "teachings" are a sad, sad moronic joke...

LudwigVonDrake
05-09-2007, 04:48 PM
I saw this yesterday...amazing stuff. You can't make it up :shrug:

mttafire
05-09-2007, 05:20 PM
I saw that yesterday as well. Just shows how incredibly insane these radicals are.

They are using an icon of American love, peace and happiness to say Americans are bad people. Hopefully the children will realize the amazing irony at some point and see that the "teachings" are a sad, sad moronic joke...

Agreed 100%:thumbsup: They seem to be getting desperate.

Brian
05-09-2007, 07:11 PM
The show that is doing this has been pulled off the air for "review".

Also, Diane Disney Miller commented on this:

Diane Disney Miller said she was disgusted that a rip-off of her father's iconic cartoon character was being used on a new Hamas TV show to encourage Palestinian children to take up arms against Israel and America.

"Of course I feel personal about Mickey Mouse, but it could be Barney as well,'' Ms Miller, 73, told the New York Daily News.

"It's not just Mickey, it's indoctrinating children like this, teaching them to be evil,'' said Ms Miller, who owns a winery in northern California.

"The world loves children and this is just going against the grain of humanity.'' [...]

Called Tomorrow's Pioneers, it features a life-size Mickey Mouse character named Farfur.

Farfur speaks in a high-pitched voice and wears a tuxedo with tails and a red bow tie. He tells children to drink their milk and pray, but also sings about kids arming themselves with AK-47s and striving for world domination under Islamic leadership. [...]

"What we're dealing with here is pure evil and you can't ignore that,'' Ms Miller said.

"I'm awful glad you're doing something about it, writing about this and keeping it in the public eye as much as it can be.''

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 10:12 PM
:( :( :( :( Hard to comprehend the evil in the world.:( :( :( :(

BrerSchultzy
05-10-2007, 09:24 AM
On CNN.com today:

From Atika Shubert
CNN

JERUSALEM (CNN) -- After an episode made global headlines earlier this week, the Palestinian government has shelved a Hamas-owned children's TV show starring a Mickey Mouse lookalike that urged Palestinian children to take up arms against America and Israel.

The show, "Tomorrow's Pioneers," aired in Gaza on Al-Aqsa TV station, which is owned by Hamas -- an Islamic militant group that controls the Palestinian government and has called for the destruction of Israel.

The show featured a host dressed in a giant black-and-white mouse costume with a striking resemblance to Walt Disney's iconic cartoon character, Mickey Mouse. Except this mouse, "Farfour," danced with an imaginary gun in his gloved hands and encouraged kids to drink milk, study hard -- and engage in violent acts of "resistance" against their Israeli neighbors and America.

Palestinian Information Minister Mustafa Barghouti, who is politically independent from Hamas and its rival party, Fatah, called the video "very unfortunate."

"We communicated with the station as soon as this was brought to our attention and the station has informed us that they will stop it immediately," Barghouti told CNN.

The station said it would do a "full revision" of the show, he said.

The episode brought to the media forefront by Palestinian Media Watch and Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI) -- privately funded pro-Israeli groups -- showed Farfour cheering for Islamic supremacy, saying, "We will win, Bush! We will win, Condoleezza (Rice)!"

Palestinian Media Watch spokesman Itamar Marcus called the program dangerous.

"The danger is it's mixing of the poison with the [milk] and the child doesn't even realize that he's being poisoned," Marcus said.

The Palestinian information minister said the show is an illustration of the Palestinian people's struggles with Israeli occupation.

"Fishermen are shot at when they try to fish. The passages are closed. People cannot move freely from in or out of Gaza," he said. "It's a situation of imprisonment for years. And that oppression, this apartheid system, of course drives people crazy and creates certain reactions as the one you have seen."

Both Al-Aqsa TV and Hamas refused to comment on the video.

Walt Disney's sole surviving daughter, Diane Disney Miller, on Tuesday told the New York Daily News the show "is just going against the grain of humanity."

"What we're dealing with here is pure evil and you can't ignore that," she was quoted as saying on the Daily News Web site.

CleveSJM
05-10-2007, 02:38 PM
I would have loved to be in the room for the meeting when they decided to stop running the show.

Do you think it went something like...

"Did you use a beloved and popular American icon of joy and hapiness to promote anti-American propagada?":confused:

"Yes."

Donald Trump steps in... "You're fired!":thumbsup:

Dixie Springs
05-10-2007, 06:27 PM
According to Fox News, Hamas dropped the character. I'm impressed- even terrorists are scared of Disney copywright attorneys!

Seriously though, this incident demonstrates not only bizarre hate, but stone-age mentality and technology. The cruddy costume is as pathetic as the idea of a terrorist mouse on a kids TV show. :ack:

By the way, there is a parallel discussion under Mousellaneous that was started minutes prior to this one. Not sure which one is going to close - hopefully they'll merge.