PDA

View Full Version : Best viewing location for Wishes?

poeticeclipse
05-09-2007, 11:18 AM
I will be on my honeymoon at the end of this month and would like to find the best location to watch Wishes. I want to make sure that I can see everything and hear the music as well. I know that you guys have your "secret spots" so spill!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-09-2007, 11:45 AM
I don't think you can beat seeing it from the top of Main Street looking straight ahead toward the castle so that all the effects are central and where they are supposed to be. We love viewing it from the Polynesian beach best of all, but it's not the same as seeing it from Main Street.

ibrowse17
05-09-2007, 11:55 AM
The deck at the Noodle Station is a good place, just get there early. We also have another favorite place, but I don't want to spill that secret just yet:thumbsup: I hope your honeymoon trip goes as well as ours did last June. Make sure you inform them that it is you honeymoon, you'll get a few nice perks.

SallyfromDE
05-09-2007, 12:22 PM
There is certainly no guarantee this will work. But we went to the dock on the Contemporary to watch the Electial Water Pagent. Someone didn't show up for thier Wishes Cruise. The boat driver (?) asked us if we wanted to go instead as they won't pay him unless he takes the boat out. It was the best!! My neice went down, and tried this. The first night, no luck. Went back a second night and was asked to go for a free cruise.

Pastcastmemberdaughter
05-09-2007, 12:38 PM
I really like watching it from the tomorrowland bridge, that where my husband and I watched it on our honeymoon this past December. If you can get there early and stand on the side closest to the castle you'll have no one standing in front of you. If makes for a really nice view. Also that's where Tinker Bell "flies" right over you, so that makes for a nice touch.

mrs.jacksparrow
05-09-2007, 07:26 PM
What is considered early??? 15 minutes 20 ???:mickey:

tplmarc
05-09-2007, 08:09 PM
the top of the contemporary is really good there are ways to get up there without a reservation at the california grill. Take the elevator up to the highest floor then walk towards the outdoor stairs going toward the magic kingdom go up a flight or two and enjoy you can see all the effects from up here and hear the soundtrack as well. Also i hear right beside philharmagic is really good as well because you are surounded by the fireworks. But nothing is better that from the central hub!

Buzz_Burbank
05-10-2007, 02:53 AM
The best view for me is on Main Street. The fireworks frame the Castle and the music is easily heard. If you want to get out quickly after the show then stand at the end of Main Street near City Hall. If you leave as soon as the show is over you'll be able to get right on the monorail or ferry. If you're now in a hurry then try standing just where the shops end on Main Street (near Casey's). The view is excellent here.

DDuck66
05-10-2007, 09:05 AM
What is considered early??? 15 minutes 20 ???:mickey:

Try at least an hour. Many of these places are not secret any longer. The thing I like best about the Terrace Noodle Station is that there are chairs and it is partly covered if it is raining. We usually get there about an hour and a half before. The downside of this location is that you do not have a good view of SpectroMagic.

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 09:55 AM
We like the veiw from Main Street USA. Beware of rude people leaving. They will run you over. Others will stop in front of you and stand in your view. Usually these folks will step aside a little if you ask nice. But you can't beat the perspective. And, wishes was created to be best viewed from in front of the castle.

If you will have more than one oppurtunity to see wishes, I would also recommend watching it from the beach at the Poly and from the California Grill. If at CG the fireworks will be way to the right of where you would expect to see them.

Have fun!!!:mickey:

BrerSchultzy
05-10-2007, 10:10 AM
The first time I went with my wife (then girlfriend), we watched it from the Tomorrowland Bridge...and it was kinda crowded and uncomfortable (we had to stand, with nothing to lean on but other tourists).
But when we went back in June, we had just gotten off the Jungle Cruise, and we were crossing under the little tunnel between Adventureland and Frontierland (near the shooting arcade), and Wishes was just starting. WOW! We saw everything, heard everything, and NOBODY else was around us...in the middle of JUNE!

But I think the most important thing is...remember that it's about who you're with, not what you're doing. Right?

King Triton
05-10-2007, 12:56 PM
I really like watching it from the tomorrowland bridge, that where my husband and I watched it on our honeymoon this past December. If you can get there early and stand on the side closest to the castle you'll have no one standing in front of you. If makes for a really nice view. Also that's where Tinker Bell "flies" right over you, so that makes for a nice touch.
That's my favorite spot too. I don't think a lot of people know about it...I've never found the bridge to be very crowded.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-10-2007, 10:52 PM
The best view for me is on Main Street. The fireworks frame the Castle and the music is easily heard. If you want to get out quickly after the show then stand at the end of Main Street near City Hall. If you leave as soon as the show is over you'll be able to get right on the monorail or ferry. .:secret: :exactly:

CandleontheWater
05-10-2007, 11:09 PM
I like Main Street too, but for a more intimate experience I would try the rose garden to the side of the castle right before you enter Tomorrowland. I really liked watching it from there, and it wasn't nearly as crowded. Have a great time, we had so much fun on our honeymoon last year, I hope you guys also have the time of your life!

GenieOfPA
05-10-2007, 11:19 PM
a good place is the bridge to tomorrowland. you're really close to the castle and you won't have to worry too much about people being in front of you cause people need to walk across the bridge. also, you can lean against the railing of the bridge for some support instead of standing the whole time

mickeys_princess_mom
05-11-2007, 11:21 AM
The top part of the Train Station on Mainstreet over looking the street and the castle is a good place to lean on the railing and theres even benches up there.

I enjoyed it. :mickey:

True!!! Just get there early...

Makusu
05-13-2007, 02:02 AM
We like the veiw from Main Street USA. Beware of rude people leaving. They will run you over. Others will stop in front of you and stand in your view. Usually these folks will step aside a little if you ask nice.

Oh my gosh, I know! People are so rude. We stood in a spot for about one hour and some people just step in front of us totally blocking our view. :mad: