PDA

View Full Version : Admission Ticket Question

Donald Duck
05-09-2007, 11:09 AM
On our last trip in October of 2005 we stayed at the Beach Club. We had a lot of problems with the free dinning package and the BC manager wound up giving us 8 one day park admission with no expiration date. There are 4 in our family so it translates to 2 days of admission which is worth $257.00

We are going again this August and staying at the BC for 8 nights. The difference between a 6 day and 8 day Magic Your Way pass is a few dollars. So if we were to use our 2 day passes given to us by Disney and get a 6 day pass instead of an 8 day pass we would be wasting around $257.00.

Could we upgrade the 8 one day passes to four 8 day Magic Your Way passes with the Park Hopper Option ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck

CleveRocks
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
On our last trip in October of 2005 we stayed at the Beach Club. We had a lot of problems with the free dinning package and the BC manager wound up giving us 8 one day park admission with no expiration date. There are 4 in our family so it translates to 2 days of admission which is worth $257.00

We are going again this August and staying at the BC for 8 nights. The difference between a 6 day and 8 day Magic Your Way pass is a few dollars. So if we were to use our 2 day passes given to us by Disney and get a 6 day pass instead of an 8 day pass we would be wasting around $257.00.

Could we upgrade the 8 one day passes to four 8 day Magic Your Way passes with the Park Hopper Option ?

Thanks.

Donald Duck
I don't think you can upgrade or combine complimentary tickets.

BUT ...

Just look at the problem from a different angle. Instead of each of you using two of the 1-day tickets, ONE of you should just use all (or most) of the 1-day tickets. That way, you save bucks by completely not having to buy a ticket for one person in your party.
:clappy: :clappy: :joy: :woohoo: :woohoo:

faline
05-09-2007, 01:47 PM
If they're not park hopper tickets, though, it will limit you to one park per day.

emmatink
05-09-2007, 01:54 PM
Also I believe everyone in the room has to have the same amount of MYW tickets.

Donald Duck
05-09-2007, 02:02 PM
Just look at the problem from a different angle. Instead of each of you using two of the 1-day tickets, ONE of you should just use all (or most) of the 1-day tickets. That way, you save bucks by completely not having to buy a ticket for one person in your party.

That's not a bad idea. I'm not sure if they are park hoppers though.
Would it say it on the tickets ?

dumbo ears
05-09-2007, 04:06 PM
im prett sure you can't

DizneyRox
05-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Comp tickets have no value. This means they can not be upgraded.

Yes, everyone in the room needs to have the same MYW ticket at checkin, BUT that doesn't mean you can't upgrade some of them after check in a some not.

You can ALL get one day MYW tickets, and then everyone but the person using the comp tickets can then upgrade theirs to 8 day tickets.

This doesn't solve the park hopping problem however, that one is a tougher nut to crack.

disneygirlie11
05-09-2007, 06:48 PM
When we went last September we had a ton of problems come up. When we got home, they had mailed all 6 of us complimentary tickets. 5 day park hoppers. They were not upgradable. They were however park hoppers and had waterpark and more options. So, you may want to check into it, b/c we had originally been told that they were basic one park a day tickets!

Donald Duck
05-10-2007, 09:33 AM
When we went last September we had a ton of problems come up. When we got home, they had mailed all 6 of us complimentary tickets. 5 day park hoppers. They were not upgradable. They were however park hoppers and had waterpark and more options. So, you may want to check into it, b/c we had originally been told that they were basic one park a day tickets!

How can I check into it ?
If I call (407)WDISNEY, whom do I ask for ?

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 09:37 AM
I would say they won't be able to check until you get there.

kakn7294
05-10-2007, 10:53 AM
It's not necessarily a bad problem. You probably won't be able to upgrade the complimentary tickets and you probably won't be able to check whether they are park hoppers until you get there but you don't all have to have the same tickets unless you are booking a package. If you book room-only, you can each have completely different tickets if you want. Another way to save even more money with these tickets is if you have any children ages 3 - 9 in your party, be sure to purchase them a child ticket and use the complimentary ones for an adult unless they specify that they are a child's ticket. That way, you will save on the cost of a child's vs adult ticket.

Donald Duck
05-10-2007, 02:51 PM
It's not necessarily a bad problem. You probably won't be able to upgrade the complimentary tickets and you probably won't be able to check whether they are park hoppers until you get there but you don't all have to have the same tickets unless you are booking a package. If you book room-only, you can each have completely different tickets if you want. Another way to save even more money with these tickets is if you have any children ages 3 - 9 in your party, be sure to purchase them a child ticket and use the complimentary ones for an adult unless they specify that they are a child's ticket. That way, you will save on the cost of a child's vs adult ticket.

Good points.
We did book room only and are not getting a package. We also have a 9 year old.

The tickets are for adult tickets. I'd like to find out before we check in if they are hoppers or not. If they are hoppers then we can buy one less MYW 8 day pass. If there aren't hoppers it's going to be a problem because I can't say for sure that we are not going to go the MK in the morning and EPCOT in the evening in one day.

Donald Duck
06-04-2007, 09:28 AM
UPDATE:

I checked the tickets and there are 10 (not 8) adult ultimate park hoppers ! It says it on the tickets and on the envelope the hotel manager gave me.

So now I can use them for myself or my wife and can buy one less 8 day pass.

:mickey: :cheer: :cheers:

Jared
06-04-2007, 09:49 AM
Glad to hear everything worked out! Use the free tickets well, and have a great trip.

:)

Donald Duck
06-04-2007, 12:11 PM
Glad to hear everything worked out! Use the free tickets well, and have a great trip.

:)

Thanks.

:mickey: