PDA

View Full Version : Rooms at AS Music

crazypoohbear
05-09-2007, 11:09 AM
We will be staying at the AS Music in August/Sept for a grand gathering.

We are not in preferred rooms.

I have bad feet and at the end of the day can barely walk some days

DSis will have an 8 WEEK OLD!!
Also 4 year old nephew

What rooms should we request that are close to the food court and the busses?

Should we make the request ourselves or have MJ make it?

Do you know if because we are in a grand gathering if all three rooms will be next door to each other or just "close by"??

Pop Centurion
05-09-2007, 11:53 AM
The Calypso Buildings are the closest to the food court but are preferred so they charge extra. The next set are the Jazz buildings. Not far at all IMO. My GF has an extremely bad back and didn't complain about the walk at all. I have a picture somewhere that I took from the Jazz building towards the food court that will give you an idea of how far it is. As soon as I find it I'll PM it to you.

dreaming of wdw
05-09-2007, 11:57 AM
The closest buildings to the main building and busses are Calypso. The Calypso pool is located between these two buildings as well.

We stayed at ASMu in 2004 and 2006 and stayed in the Jazz Building #2 both times (these are located next to the Calypso buildings). We noticed that these rooms had been redecorated since 2004 which was a pleasant surprise. I'm not sure if the Calypso buildings received this refurbishment or not. Just something to consider.

As for your question about getting your rooms together I'm not sure but I'm sure someone will be along soon to let you know.

Have a magical trip!:mickey:

Pipalotta
05-09-2007, 02:24 PM
I cant help you with what building to stay in but I can tell you which one not to stay in. When me and 3 girlfriends went about 2 years ago we stayed in the rock building and it was a pretty far walk, it wasnt the farthest, thank goodness, but it was long enough when tired from the parks.

cajunmickey
05-10-2007, 06:09 PM
I also suggest Jazz. We have always requested jazz and got our request all but the last time. We were placed in Rock, it is a far walk but not as far as country. They have converted many of the jazz rooms to suites so there are not as many to go around as before.

MissTink
05-10-2007, 07:00 PM
I would also suggest Jazz.... had to walk past that several time on my way back to country, carrying a sleeping 4 year old off the bus at the end of the night allll the way back there is enough to break your back!

tinkerbell615
05-10-2007, 07:53 PM
My family is going to WDW in June. We are staying at ASMu also and I have been researching which building would be the best that wasn't considered preferred. I have read several places that the Jazz building is a good place. I never request anything other than non-smoking on my reservations when I go but I just e-mailed my MJ rep Terrisue to see if she could request the Jazz building for our upcoming stay. Don't know if we'll get it... but it surely doesn't hurt to try.