PDA

View Full Version : 7 mo. out for January reservation......

Sunshine1010
05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
For the following dates, when would my 7 month date be to make a reservation?

Jan. 7-17
Jan. 22-Feb.1

What's the luck of getting something at WL or BW during these times (at the 7 mo. mark)...

Thanks in advance

dlpmikki
05-09-2007, 01:36 PM
I got BCV and VWL at 7 months in January 2006. You can either ring day by day or 7 months before your departure date which would be July by my reckoning.

CarolMN
05-09-2007, 01:38 PM
For the following dates, when would my 7 month date be to make a reservation?

Jan. 7-17
Jan. 22-Feb.1

What's the luck of getting something at WL or BW during these times (at the 7 mo. mark)...

Thanks in advance

If you want to reserve your stay with one phone call and your check out date is 1/17/2008, you would call on June 18, 2007. That's because MS is closed on Sundays so you have to wait until Monday to call. (Normally you would be able to reserve that stay on June 17, 2007, but again, 6/17/07 is a Sunday and MS is not open).

If your last night is January 17, 2008 (and check out is 1/28/2008), you could call on Monday, June 18, 2007 to reserve the entrie stay.

If you wanted to reserve your stay on a day by day basis, you could make your first call on June 8, 2007 - because that is 7 months prior to the check out day for that first night.

Same concept for your second set of dates. If you last night is 2/1/2008, then you may reserve the entire stay on 7/2/2007. If your last night is really January 31, 2008, then you would normally call on July 1, 2007, but since htat is a Sunday, you would have to wait until Monday, July 2 to reserve that stay with one call.

I'll let you figure the day to call for a day by day reservation for the second set of dates.

FWIW, I do not think you will have a hard time getting either the VWL or the BWV (Pool/Garden room) for either set of dates if you book at 7 months. It's possible you might even be able to get a SV or Boardwalk view.

Sunshine1010
05-09-2007, 07:18 PM
SV ?

Also, if I do it day by day, I just tell them I want a one day reservation. And then do it day by day? Wouldn't I get a bunch of reservations in the mail like that?

CarolMN
05-10-2007, 09:01 AM
SV ? Standard View

Also, if I do it day by day, I just tell them I want a one day reservation. And then do it day by day? Wouldn't I get a bunch of reservations in the mail like that?I do day by day at 11 months to get my SV reservations for early December. Have been doing it annually since 2000.

On the first day I call, I just tell the CM that I am calling daily to get my booking and that my "final" check out day will be xx/xx/xx. The CM then notes that on the reservation and holds the confirmation letter until I have the last day booked. When I make the subsequent calls, I just tell the CM that I want to add the next day to the reservation.

I have never gotten more than one letter /confirmation when calling day by day for a reservation. The CMs are used to people calling day by day for some reservations so you shouldn't have any trouble doing it.

locodemickey
05-10-2007, 09:22 AM
It seems like if they did what you mentioned before about giving the checkout date and holding the confirmation letter until then, it would save members some $$$$ - lots of extra paper, ink, and postage. There are always ways to save money!!!