PDA

View Full Version : Sci-Fi ok for little ones?

mook3y
05-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Hiya Gang!

We are looking at having a "boys night out" on our upcoming trip. Me and friend will be taking our son's 4 and 5 to Sci-Fi.

I am assuming that since it is Disney, that it isn't that scary.

Any input would be great!

A little nervous about my "Disney" assumptions after taking my DS4 on Dinosaur last year. Had never ridden it and I was shocked at how scary it was.

mickeys_princess_mom
05-09-2007, 09:29 AM
I think they would love it! Think Drive-In movie with old silly movies,eating in the cars....Not at all like Dinosaur...Have fun!:wave:

c&d
05-09-2007, 09:46 AM
It's hard to say. To us they are just old silly sci-fi movies but they may be a little scary for a younger child.

Some of the movie trailers have the following in them. A gila monster breaking thru the wall of the building to get to the people inside. They show a truck tipping over and catching fire. Another is of the 50' man who just keeps growing and growing. Other parts of the show include the old drive in movie breaks for hot dogs and stuff.

I hope the little snippets of the movies that I remembered helped. DS went when he was 7 and really enjoyed it.

Hayden's Dad
05-09-2007, 09:55 AM
I think they would really enjoy it. The only thing that may pose a problem is the seating. Only two people can fit in a table, but there are three tables to a car, so they would probably sit in front of you. Other than that enjoy.

mook3y
05-09-2007, 10:02 AM
I think they would really enjoy it. The only thing that may pose a problem is the seating. Only two people can fit in a table, but there are three tables to a car, so they would probably sit in front of you. Other than that enjoy.

Yeah, that is kind of one of the things we liked about it. A guys night out but a father/son thing too.
:D Sounds like it will be a good choice.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Wow, been a long time since I have seen an Intermission commercial :blush:

GreenBeetle
05-09-2007, 11:19 AM
It's loads of fun there - I think they'll have a blast! Silly movie clips, nothing scary. Just a great atmosphere. :alien:

RPHX2NC
05-09-2007, 11:23 AM
My then DS3.5 and DD5.5 loved it! They thought it was great! Of course they were not scared of anything. They justed liked sitting in the cars and eating, the screen was secondary for them. It is dimly lit but they were not bothered by that. It was full of people and not scary at all.

KylesMom
05-09-2007, 11:43 AM
For kids of that age, I think it would be great. DS went for the first time around 5 & loved it.

I second the thought about the only problem being seating. If your kids will need any assistance at all (reaching their drinks off the dashboard, cutting their burger, getting ketchup, etc) it is difficult to assist if you have to keep getting in and out of the car seat behind them to help. I must admit, the only thing I don't like about Sci-Fi is the fact that it is almost impossible to carry on a conversation with your family, especially if there is an odd number in your party. One person ends up sitting alone - and that's usually me. :blush:

mook3y
05-09-2007, 11:50 AM
Thanks for all the insight! It is very appreciated.

I figured as much.

But I also figured Dinosaur would be about as scary as Indy. Jones at DLR. :blush:

To my son's credit, when we got off the ride, his comment was "wow, that was kind of scary. I don't think I want to go on that ride again."

But, recently he has been telling me that he thinks he wants to go on it 1 time this year. :cool:

mook3y
05-09-2007, 11:52 AM
For kids of that age, I think it would be great. DS went for the first time around 5 & loved it.

I second the thought about the only problem being seating. If your kids will need any assistance at all (reaching their drinks off the dashboard, cutting their burger, getting ketchup, etc) it is difficult to assist if you have to keep getting in and out of the car seat behind them to help. I must admit, the only thing I don't like about Sci-Fi is the fact that it is almost impossible to carry on a conversation with your family, especially if there is an odd number in your party. One person ends up sitting alone - and that's usually me. :blush:

Thanks! This should not be a problem for us. It will be 2 dads and 2 sons. So it sounds like this will be a great father/son bonding type thing. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
05-09-2007, 11:59 AM
Mook3Y, in that case I think you'll really enjoy yourselves! :thumbsup: