PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom Meal Deal

homeschool mom
05-09-2007, 07:56 AM
I don't know if that's the official name, but on our past 2 trips we got a meal deal at AK which included one counter service meal and a snack (and possibly a drink in there as well). Anyway, is this still available. It worked well for us and we would do it again if possible.

Leaving in only 10 days! :cloud9:

Here we go again...
05-09-2007, 10:30 AM
No, the vouchers are not available.

I heard about them but never had the opportunity to use them. They went away about the same time as the meal vouchers you could purchase for the other parks. I have to say, I was glad to see those go. People on Ebay used to rip off so many poor, unsuspecting people.
Now, you have the dining plan available that allows you to eat in all of the parks and DTD.

Matt's Dad
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM
They did go away some time last year I think. I do disagree with the previous post about glad to see these go away. The Meal Deal (or whatever the term was) was something you could buy at the part the day you were there, and it allowed for one counter service meal, one snack, and one additional beverage, all for a reduced price (around $12 from what I remember).

I don't know how many people got "ripped off" on Ebay with these certificates (I do think some of the other vouchers may have been abused or resold). This program was simply the packaging of a group of items ... at a reduced cost ... which helped out a lot of families. For about $45 2 adults and 2 kids could have a really good meal at flaming BBQ or Tusker House, get a dessert or treat later in the day, and have a cold drink during the afternoon. Was a great deal.

Either way .... they had discontinued the program when I was down there is Dec.

Cinderelley
05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
I was pretty sad to see this go too. My kids always looked forward to getting an ice cream later on in the day. We could've just bought one, but, somehow, it wasn't as exciting as using the meal deal.

Mickey91
05-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Nope. They are all gone.:( They were nice though. And if you don't want to splurge on the dining plan, they would be very handy!

Funcruiser56
05-10-2007, 04:25 PM
We thought the meal deal was one of the best DEALS at WDW! We got them several times, but did notice last September that they were no more- too bad. Everyone does not use the DDP and these 'coupons' could save you bigtime especially for a family.

We wished they were available in the other parks too- now that would have been a really good deal!!

Bev