PDA

View Full Version : Interested in Disney/Imagineering and live near the Seattle area?

Mufasa
05-08-2007, 07:28 PM
Pop Culture Talks: An Evening with Marty Sklar

Details
As part of the monthly Pop Culture Talks series, the Experience Music Project/Science Fiction Museum host an evening with Marty Sklar, Vice Chairman and Principal Creative Executive, Walt Disney Imagineering.

When Disney CEO Michael Eisner and Vice Chairman Roy E. Disney named Marty Sklar a Disney Legend in 2001, they were formalizing what everyone in The Walt Disney Company already recognized: that Marty has been one of the company's principal "icons" for many years. Sklar has worked for The Walt Disney Company continuously since 1956. From 1987 to 1996, Sklar served as president of the Imagineering subsidiary, the Disney organization responsible for the creation, design, construction and expansion of the company's parks and resorts and new Disney creative initiatives. In 1996 he was named to his present responsibilities. Sklar will discuss his work leading the Imagineering Creative organization, as well as for The Walt Disney Company’s remarkable growth and success.

Date
Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Time
7:00 PM

Ticket Info
Free for EMP and SFM members, $5 for the public. To RSVP, call 206.770.2702.

All EMP/SFM galleries will be open for your enjoyment this evening.

Venue
JBL Theater
325 5th Avenue North
Seattle, WA 98109

Beast_fanatic
05-08-2007, 10:43 PM
Sounds cool. Too bad that I'm nowhere close. :shrug:

Not2Loud
05-14-2007, 10:26 AM
It would be cool if they would post the video from the even online!

IMeagineer
06-14-2008, 03:12 PM
Hello Mufasa,

I'm sorry this is kind of off topic.
I have always dreamt of being an Imagineer. I am 13 years old and I was just wondering if there are any colleges you recommend going to. Also, should I try to "imagineer" at another theme park before trying to get into Disney? Thanks.

brownie
06-16-2008, 09:15 AM
Mufasa, thanks for passing these things on. I really enjoyed the lecture associated with the Henry Ford's Disneyland exhibit I attended a few years ago. Please keep us updated on these opportunities!