PDA

View Full Version : Today's Oprah Show (On going!)

caryrae
05-08-2007, 05:37 PM
May 8, 2007

Is anyone watching or have watched todays Oprah show. This is one of those shows that just makes you so mad:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: you can't stand it. It is about a woman who gets abused by her husband and it's on video tape. The tape was 50 some minutes long. They show bits and pieces but that's all it takes. It is just disgusting. You just wish you were there and want to just kill the husband and drag the woman and her kids away. Why why do people have to act like the husband does.

The woman seems so nice and is very pretty. The husband made one the woman's kids do the taping 13 years old I think and her other son was there to while it is all happening. Luckly she got away.

One more thing, I think it all started because the wife asked the husband if he wanted her to make him a sandwich.

Husband got 36 years in prison, up for parole in 18 years.

It's horrible knowing this goes on all over the world everyday but very rarely do you see it caught on tape.

BriarRose0708
05-08-2007, 10:49 PM
That family is from my city. In fact my roommate's sister used to work with the woman and she said she never even knew anything like that was going on.

ImagiAsh
05-10-2007, 02:35 AM
I saw this episode! I had to turn away from the TV at times, because it was just too tough to watch. I can't imagine EVER being in her position. I am glad she is safe. The abuse this man put her through deserves much longer than his current sentence. I enjoy watching Oprah, because as traumatic as this story is, her show lets other people out there know that they are not the only ones going through it and there IS a way out.

NotaGeek
05-10-2007, 02:45 AM
This show made me absolutely SICK and i hope that the husband gets what he deserves.

NotaGeek
05-10-2007, 03:50 AM
As an avid follower of Oprah I thought this might be a fun thread to keep going (thanks for the inspiration caryrae!) ... so the 1st person to make a post for that particular day's show put the date in the Title box when you hit POST REPLY. Then we have an ongoing chat ... one rule, once the next day is started, previous chat for the prior day's show is done, so it doesn't get confusing!

so here's the first one:

May 9, 2007

OK, so how GREAT was today's show? John Stamos (hubba hubba) was adorable and really sweet today and he's at HIS favorite place ... Disneyland! What a great and inspirational story, not just the woman that saves babies, but all the stories. A couple of teary moments later ... :thumbsup:

NotaGeek
05-12-2007, 02:00 AM
Wow! I was really impressed with Demi Moore. One of my little known celebrity histories is with Demi. Her mother (the crazy one) is from Roswell, as am I. Demi's 1st cousin Laura was one of my best friends growng up, and I met Demi Moore when I was in High School at Laura's Grandparents house. She was in town visiting and just finished making a little movie called St. Elmo's Fire and was dating Emilio Esteves at the time.

I saw her once again years later when she was pregnant with her oldest daughter and she introduced me to her then husband Bruce Willis in a craft store in the Roswell Mall, he was very nice and we all talked for quite a while. Unfortunately I have lost track of Laura, but I still love Demi! I wonder if she ever tells stories about talking to ME in the Roswell Mall! :rotfl:

caryrae
05-12-2007, 09:47 AM
I missed that one, but how about those shadow people who make object's using shadows of there bodies. They were on the academy awards last time.