PDA

View Full Version : RnR Single Rider Line

Scar
05-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Has anyone used the Rockn' Roller Coaster single rider line yet?

I’m curious about a fairly detailed description on how it works.

disneymom2000
05-08-2007, 06:37 PM
The single rider line is a line for people who don't mind being separated from their group to get ahead of the long line or for people who are riding rides all by themselves. If they start to fill up a car and there are one or two seats left, instead of sending on a non-full car they will let a single rider in. This keeps as many people going through the line as possible to make wait times less. It's getting as popular as fastpass.

CandleontheWater
05-08-2007, 10:37 PM
What specifically do you have questions about? I'll try to give as detailed an explanation as possible. You enter the single rider line right next to the fastpass line. You are herded up the ramp and stay to the far right and enter the building on the right side (if you are facing the building). I'm not sure if that door was there previously, or if it is new construction, but it opens right up to where you enter the "soundstage" to see the preshow. There is a cast member who watches the flow of people, and will eventually let a whole group of single riders into the preshow at a time. The single riders are grouped together to the back of the preshow area and separated from the rest of the riders. When the preshow is over you are then let into the "garage" and you once again stay in a separate line against the back wall of the garage. From that point they fill in all extra seats with single riders. I thought it would go very quickly, like at EE, but I found I was waiting for a long time. I think the preshow is what really causes the holdup and makes for a longer wait. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me, I hope this helps.

Scar
05-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Thank You, that is exactly the description I wanted. It sounds like they need at least one extra CM to man it, and if it isn't very fast, I wonder if it's worth it?

DisneyDudet
05-09-2007, 09:38 AM
I think the single rider line would work better sans pre show.

CandleontheWater
05-09-2007, 09:45 AM
When I was there the weekend of Palm Sunday, the single rider line was definately faster than the standby line, but I did wait for upwards of a good 1/2 hour. It was a good deal since the standby line was around 70 mins, and fastpasses were going like hotcakes, but I'm not sure how great it would be if the standby line was pretty short. I also don't know if it would be worth it if you were with a group of people and thought that the single rider line would speed up the wait time. You might rather wait a little longer, if the trade off is that you can all go together.

PracticallyPerfectMollie
05-09-2007, 12:44 PM
I have a few questions about this. I've never considered the single rider line before but my husband and I are taking our dd alone (no grandparents) so we will have to ride things alone, so this could be an option. Is the single rider line faster than a fast pass? Can you baby swap in the single rider line? What other rides have single rider lines? Thanks!

Scar
05-09-2007, 01:05 PM
The other two attractions that have Single Rider Line are Expedition: Everest, and Test Track. I’ve never used the TT line, but on E:E I’d say it’s about the same. On E:E singles actually use the same line as Fast Pass until the loading area. One time there were only two singles ahead of me and I basically got right on and beat the FP line. Another time there were probably 15 - 20 singles ahead of me and FP was quicker, but not by that much.

Sorry, but I can’t answer the baby swap question.

KAJUNKING
05-09-2007, 05:50 PM
The other two attractions that have Single Rider Line are Expedition: Everest, and Test Track. I’ve never used the TT line, but on E:E I’d say it’s about the same. On E:E singles actually use the same line as Fast Pass until the loading area. One time there were only two singles ahead of me and I basically got right on and beat the FP line. Another time there were probably 15 - 20 singles ahead of me and FP was quicker, but not by that much.

Sorry, but I can’t answer the baby swap question.

when i was there in sept ms also had a single rider line, not sure if they still do

LoriMistress
05-09-2007, 07:21 PM
They also have single rider lines for M:S. Personally, DH and I use the single rider lines. You're in the same vehicle but in a different seat. Personally, not that big of a deal.

sportsguy2315
05-09-2007, 07:40 PM
Well, looks like y'all have discovered one of my Disney secrets. :secret: In all honesty, I am SO HYPED RRnC has single rider now. :joy: . Although I'm pretty smart and only hit it at night, I think I'll have to try to beat my record of 5 straight rides on my next trip.

Scar
05-10-2007, 09:18 AM
Regarding M:S, I found this quote from this tread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=102825)
Mission: SPACE had one until the advent of the Green and Orange missions.

2Epcot
05-10-2007, 12:03 PM
Is the single rider line faster than a fast pass? Can you baby swap in the single rider line? What other rides have single rider lines? Thanks!

I believe sometimes the single rider line can be quicker then a fast pass, especially if the return times may require coming back at a much later time. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to baby swap on a single rider line.

ChipDale2708
05-11-2007, 01:03 PM
I love the single rider line on Rock n' Roller coaster! I was able to get right on while the stand-by was about 40 minutes. If it hadn't been for the pre-show I wouldn't have stopped walking until I was sitting in my limo! When I got off, I wondered if I could pull it off again, so off I went right back in. There were a few other singles in front of me and one behind me and when we got into the pre-show, they were so engrosed in that, the guy behind me and I stood at the door and as soon as it opened, we both walked right onto the ride. Don't know if this will work all the time, but I was pressed for time and it was perfect!!