PDA

View Full Version : Katie's Very Short Trip Trip Report Part 3 of 3

FLKatie912
05-08-2007, 03:45 PM
The last day we had made very early Breakfast reservations at Ohanas. I hadn't been there since it was Minnie's Breakfast. I loved it very much. Even though getting there was a challenge. We got on the bus which arrived right when we got to the bus line. However, there was some sort of walk going on so the bus driver had to turn around and go around to get to the MK. Then our monorail stopped twice, and luckily my sister had been the the Poly waiting for us so explained what had happened. Our total travel time to the Poly from PoP took as a little under an hour!

My dad met us after the breakfest to go with us to MK. He uses a cane so he got a EMV. We walked around with him and went on Splash Mountain, Thunder Mountain. We got to ride Thunder twice, due to the fact that my dad's wheelchair was on one side, and the trains were going to opposite sides after each ride. We weren't sad about that!

We went over to Pirates and Jungle Cruise. Then Haunted Mansion.

We finished up our MK day with Fantasyland which we got through very quickly. We decided to hop over to Epcot 'cause we still had 2 hours before my boyfriend and I had to be back at PoP to get the Magical Express. I wanted to ride Spaceship Earth before it closed for Phase 1. I sent my dad and sister ahead so they could return the wheelchair, and my boyfriend wanted to get a Mickey Ice Cream bar. We both got them, and as soon as I sit down, I drop it. It was still in the wrapper, so I ate it anyways, but I ate some of it and then it just fell off the stick 'cause it had been kinda broken anyways. Luckily, I had eaten some of it, and I had had enough. I did try to clean it up though, and it was not easy! It melted as soon as it hit pavement.

We were hurrying to get up to the front, and in the process I stepped on hte back of my boyfriends Mickey flip flop, and it broke. Poor boy had to walk all the way back up to Main Stree with a flip flop that barely fit his foot. He couldn't walk without it 'cause the pavement was so hot. Luckily, they let us exchange, because it was the first day he was wearing them, and he had packed away his other shoes in his luggage. We made it to Epcot in time to ride Spaceship Earth, and we left to eat a piece of Tie-Dye Cheesecake before we left.

As soon as we boarded our bus, it started to pour, which was perfect timing 'cause I hadn't wanted to leave, and I didn't feel so bad about it once it started to rain.

faline
05-08-2007, 03:59 PM
You had perfect timing with the rain not starting until after you boarded the bus!

pogo
05-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Yep.... perfect timing with the rain. :thumbsup:

Thanks for sharing this trip with us, Katie. I've enjoyed reading about it. :D

indytraveler
05-09-2007, 09:18 AM
Thanks for sharing your vacation. 2 1/2 days is still alright. I would've eaten as much of my Mickey Bar as well.:D

January-2007
05-09-2007, 10:57 AM
Thanks for the trip report. :thumbsup:

KylesMom
05-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Ooof, I hate it when Mickey tries to run away before he can be eaten!:blush: Man, I can't tell you how many times we've done that - minus the wrapper, of course!

What a great trip you had - fun, too, that you got to experience a little extra magic with your sis working there! :thumbsup:

Cotta99
05-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Sounds like a great trip! You guys really got around. So tell me, where do you find tye-dye cheesecake? Sounds yummy!

jpH/keD
05-09-2007, 03:06 PM
Nice report Katie! I do have a question. When you went to Epcot and did WS. How long did it take you to get thru all of it and how long did you stay in each country??? We are going in Nov. and I am trying to time it out. We have small kids so we will be doing the kidcot stops.I do not think we will be able to go as fast as you did! We also plan on doing the American Adventure 30 min show. Did you do any shows? Any help is appreciated!:thumbsup:

SBETigg
05-09-2007, 03:52 PM
Nice report Katie! I do have a question. When you went to Epcot and did WS. How long did it take you to get thru all of it and how long did you stay in each country???

It can take a long time to get around World Showcase. You look on a map and think "oh no problem, a few hours." Just to walk all the way around can take over half an hour with a stroller and dodging people. It's big! If you plan to stop, shop, look around, and do Kidcot stops, you could easily kill half a day there and still not do it all.

Great report, Katie. I'm glad you still got to eat some of your Mickey. So nice that they let you exchange the flip flops!

FLKatie912
05-10-2007, 12:24 AM
Sounds like a great trip! You guys really got around. So tell me, where do you find tye-dye cheesecake? Sounds yummy!

It's in the PoP Century Food Court. It's multi-colored Cheesecake with Red Velvet cake on the bottom!

Bethanymouse
05-10-2007, 07:21 AM
Yum! I love tie dye cheesecake! I am glad that you had such an awesome trip. You got so much done! Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

jpH/keD
05-10-2007, 01:42 PM
SBETigg-- Thanks so much! I was thinking Katie was supergirl! We have allotted 2 entire days for epcot so your tip is right in line that we will NEED two days! Our second day is the day after Thanksgiving and I wanted to try to do some of the Christmas storytellers too! I think 2 entire 1/2days we will spend in WS! That day has EMHs in the evening so that should help too! :thumbsup: Thanks so much for the help!

sleepingbooty
05-10-2007, 02:24 PM
Nice short trip - you sure managed to fit a lot in!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 12:20 AM
Thanks for sharing:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:29 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

rsumrall
05-22-2007, 12:07 PM
The tie-die cheesecake is good, but I'm more of a twinkie-tiramissu guy myself! Thanks for sharing your trip report.

DizNee143
05-23-2007, 04:38 PM
sounds like a good last day...thats cool you even got to see your dad on this trip!!! sounds like you and your boyfriend had a good time..even though it was a rather quick trip!! thanx for sharing it with us!!! i enjoyed reading all about it!! :mickey: