PDA

View Full Version : Katie's Very Short Trip Trip Report Part 2 of 3

FLKatie912
05-08-2007, 03:44 PM
The next day we decided to start at MGM. I knew it was MGM's EMH but the way I wanted everything else to work out, it wouldn't have made sense to do it any other way. It seemed that tons of resort guests were piliing in, however, when we finally got in, we walked right on ToT. We got a FP for RnR, and used FPs that my sister had gotten from a friend. After that we went to the GMR. I love when you've seen that end movie so many times that when they add new scenes you can tell.

Right after GMR, the High School Musical Pep Rally was starting so I had to stop. I'm a big fan of High School Musical. We started headed towards Star Tours when the Pep Rally was over, and got a FP for that. You didn't REALLY need one, but we wanted to eat at Backlot Express first, so just in case it got busy while we were eating we were ready. We got in the Backlot Express, and it was honestly one of the worst experiences I've ever had at Disney. First there were tons of kids in there due to some kind of field trip, they all had free meal coupons. They only had 2 cashiers to start with, so the lines were very long and slow-moving. Then they finally added another cashier, and then her screen wasn't working. My boyfriend ordered first and got his food before I had even ordered. When she got to me, then she had to go try to clean her screen which didn't work. Then she went to get who I think was a manager, and he got it fixed, then I wait for my food, and I see it sitting there, but they had run out of fries, so I had to wait for those. It was just bad timing on my part, but one bad timing in my whole weekend, I can't really complain! It just sucked that when I got back to my table, my boyfriend had finished eating and had to wait for my sister and I.

We went on Star Tours right after. It was pretty cool, there was a Storm Trooper standing right at the end of the queue. He was playing the card of being real stiff, and then jumping out to scare people. It was pretty funny to watch someone go get their picture with him and as the picture was being taken he would jump.

We went over to Backlot Tour and that's where we finished our MGM part of the day. From there we went over to AK, my boyfriend is not a big AK fan, but I hadn't ridden EE yet, so I had to go, and my sister hadn't seen Nemo yet. We started at Dinosaur, which my sister had FPs for, and we were able to use them even though the FP machines weren't on that day. Gotta love having a CM for a sister, though it's just temporary.

We went on Primeval Whirl, which I think is a very over-looked attraction. I don't like to go if there is a wait, but there was only a 5 minute wait so we went on. It's much crazier than it looks. We still had time before the Nemo show, so we went over to EE, and I am in complete amazement. This is the coolest thing ever! My boyfriend was very much impressed and made the comment...wow, I'm a little dissappointed this is at AK, 'cause now I'll want to come here.

We did go to see the Nemo musical, which I thought was very well done. I almost wish that they would just used the songs in the movie. I'm one of those Disney fans who misses Disney Movie Music, such as in The Little Mermaid, BatB, Aladdin, etc.

We went over to Epcot after AK. Started with get FP for TT, since Soarin's were already out. Then we let my boyfriend go to the Coke place, he'd been looking forward to it all day. Then we went on Mission:SPACE, followed by JII, getting our picture with FIGMENT, and Seas with Nemo, which is very cute. I miss the Hydrolators though.

Then we went over to the Land. We rode Living with the Land, and got a snack from the food court and proceeded to wait in line for Soarin'. The line didn't take us nearly as long as it had predicted. It was now time for our FPs so we went to TT, and then went back to WS.

We started in Mexico and worked our way around, and made it out right before Illuminations started. The highlight was getting stopped by a CM and telling me Happy Birthday 'cause I was wearing my birthday button. He drew me a Mickey right on the spot, it was very good!

pogo
05-09-2007, 07:24 AM
Wow Katie..... this was a very full day. I'm getting tired just thinking about all you did today. :whew:

Got to read day three. :D

indytraveler
05-09-2007, 09:14 AM
3 parks in one day! Commando Style :drill: . CM sister w/ FP's great hook-up.

faline
05-09-2007, 09:38 AM
You managed to hit the higlights of three parks in one day! :thumbsup:

January-2007
05-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Another great day- thanks for reporting.

KylesMom
05-09-2007, 02:32 PM
I'm impressed - what a great day for you. Sounds like you hit most of the highlights in each park before it was time to move on. This is a great getaway! :mickey:

Bethanymouse
05-10-2007, 07:14 AM
Happy Belated Birthday! What a way to spend it! You had such a busy busy day! I loved reading your report. Thank you so much for sharing- glad you enjoyed the Nemo show- we cant wait to see that one either~:mickey:

SBETigg
05-10-2007, 07:28 AM
What a great day! Sounds like a very happy birthday, except for the Backlot Express trouble.

sleepingbooty
05-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Sorry about the problems at Backlot. Great bonus having xtra fastpasses, though!

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:17 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 12:17 AM
I'm ashamed to say that I think you did more in this one day than I did in 3:blush: What a busy day but it sounds great:thumbsup: Thanks for sharing.

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

rsumrall
05-22-2007, 12:02 PM
Wow! You guys packed a ton of stuff into this day! The crowds must have been light.

DizNee143
05-23-2007, 04:25 PM
sounds like a good day..well besides lucnh but the rest of the day seemed good!! :mickey: