PDA

View Full Version : Katie's Very Short Trip Trip Report Part 1 of 1

FLKatie912
05-08-2007, 03:43 PM
My sister is down at WDW for the College Program. She's been working at the Columbia Harbour House. My boyfriend and I decided to visit her, since it was my birthday weekend and it was the last weekend she was working there. A little background, I used to live in Orlando when I was younger, so I'm a Disney-holic and I love to go back any chance I can get.

We left O'Hare Airport at 6 AM, with a short lay-over in Atlanta. We arrived at MCO a little after noon. We took advantage of the Disney's Magical Express, which was new for me. It was very nice to get to by-pass Baggage Claim. We were sent to the Pop Century line which no one was in. Less than 5 minutes later, we already were boarding our bus. We were the first stop, so we walked right in and had to wait a little bit for check-in, though we were first in line from our bus. We were in the 90's Building, which is usually fairly quite, so I was surprised to see how many people were staying in it.

After a tiny bit of relaxation, we went to Boardwalk to walk around a little. We walked around all the way to the Beach club, where I had to take my boyfriend to Beaches and Cream. He loved it, and wants to go back just to get ice cream. Unfortunatly, we were so full we couldn't squeeze in ice cream.

After being gone at least 3 hours, we went back to our hotel, in hopes that our luggage would be there, 'cause my boyfriend had ripped a hole in his sock. We were disappointed to find that it hadn't been. We were slightly concerned 'cause it did say no later than 3 hours. I turned on PoP TV, and noticed that it said 3-5 hours. We didn't really have time to wait, 'cause we were meeting my sister at MK for the night.

My sister was meeting us right after she was done with work, so while we were waiting for her to get back up to the front, my boyfriend and I started a "Croc Count". We couldn't believe HOW many people were wearing Crocs, not just the Mickey ones, but all kinds. We entered the park around 6:30ish.

We decided we'd attack Tomorrowland first. We went to see if there was Fast Passes left for Space Mountain, and there were, so we took those and went on the TTA. We went over to Stitch, and we were in the actual show room, and the show started and something went wrong, and it stopped and we had to get out and go to the front again. We decided we'd come back later. We went over to Buzz Lightyear, and were about halfway through that and it stopped. Not just stopped to let a wheelchair guest on, actually stopped, the soundtrack stopped, the lights went on. I was getting excited that I'd get to walk on the track , and finally it started up again. It reset all of the scores though. It was time for our Space Mountain FP, so we headed over there. I still can't find that hidden Winnie the Pooh.

We went over to the Laugh Floor, which was pretty funny actually! I wasn't really quite sure what to expect. I'm not so sure I'd be excited to be one that had to talk, but maybe that'd be different if it happened. It was time for Wishes at this point, so we went to Cosmic Ray's to get some food hoping we could see Wishes from the Patio. We had a perfect seat but we couldn't really hear the audio, so we hurried to eat our food and then found a spot in front of the castle.

After Wishes ended, we walked over to the Contemporary to meet my sister 'cause her car was parked over there. She drove us to DD for a bit, and we went back to the hotel and passed out.

faline
05-08-2007, 03:46 PM
Very nice day!

Hope that luggage was there when you got to the room that night!

joanna71985
05-08-2007, 11:43 PM
Very good TR so far. Can't wait to read more.:thumbsup:

pogo
05-09-2007, 07:19 AM
It sounds like a great first day. Croc's are all over the place ! :confused:

Going to read day two. :D

indytraveler
05-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Alot of stopping and starting it seems... Doesn't matter though cause you're in WDW MK!

Disney Crocs?!?

poeticeclipse
05-09-2007, 10:39 AM
A Croc Count! How funny. Last year I saw so many. I jumped on the bandwagon very soon after and haven't once regretted my decision. I don't like the beach style but I love the flip flops. This year i'll be one more pair of Crocs that you can count!:thumbsup:

Great trip report... i'll continue reading!

January-2007
05-09-2007, 10:43 AM
That's a good one, a croc count. How many did it add up to? Glad you had a good first day.

KylesMom
05-09-2007, 02:15 PM
Happy Belated Birthday, Katie!

Glad your flight was uneventful and ME worked out for you. Some days it seems that everything breaks down at MK at the same time, doesn't it!

Thanks for sharing!:mickey:

FLKatie912
05-10-2007, 12:18 AM
Very nice day!

Hope that luggage was there when you got to the room that night!

Yes It was! :D

I was too tired to even care though :mickey:

FLKatie912
05-10-2007, 12:19 AM
Alot of stopping and starting it seems... Doesn't matter though cause you're in WDW MK!

Disney Crocs?!?

Yeah!! They are just like regular crocs they just have Mickey's instead of regular holes in the top!:mickey:

FLKatie912
05-10-2007, 12:20 AM
That's a good one, a croc count. How many did it add up to? Glad you had a good first day.

Well from 6:30-8:30, there were over 80 pairs of Crocs, and almost 40% were pink. :funny:

Bethanymouse
05-10-2007, 07:10 AM
It sounds like you had a very busy day! Glad that you enjoyed the laugh floor show- we cant wait to see it in August! Thanks so much for sharing!:mickey:

FriendsofMickey
05-10-2007, 08:10 AM
Happy Birthday!

Sounds like a good first day! Enjoy the rest of your stay! :mickey:

SBETigg
05-10-2007, 08:17 AM
Wonderful! The croc count, too funny! There are a lot of crocs. Glad to hear a bit about the Laugh Floor. Thanks for the report!

faline
05-10-2007, 08:55 AM
Yes It was! :D

I was too tired to even care though :mickey:

Ah! But I'll bet you cared the next morning!

sleepingbooty
05-10-2007, 02:17 PM
Thanks for sharing!:thumbsup:

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

mrsgaribaldi
05-12-2007, 12:13 AM
Sounds like a great first day. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup: Happy Belated Birthday:mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

princessgirls
05-15-2007, 06:04 PM
Thanks for sharing your great day!!

Julie:mickey:

Bethis26fan
05-15-2007, 07:30 PM
sounds great can't wait to hear more.

ILoveDisney818
05-16-2007, 05:52 PM
What is this about a hidden Winnie the Pooh in Space Mountain??!!

BelleCiavo
05-17-2007, 12:29 PM
Those Mickey crocs sound cute. More please. :D
Karen

rsumrall
05-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I have to know - how high did the croc count get?

Sounds like you guys had fun!

DizNee143
05-23-2007, 03:41 PM
sounds like a good day overall!! cant wait to read the rest!! hope you had a good time seeing your sister!!! :mickey: