PDA

View Full Version : December Dining plans

Shoebee99
05-08-2007, 03:18 PM
Greetings everyone. We (DH, 2 DD ages 6&7 and myself) are planing a trip Dec. 8-14 staying at POP. We are on the DDP, I know the girls will LOVE the character meals:thumbsup: . DH is a picky eater - meat and potatoes - no chicken or seafood :ack: - so this really limits the list. I've been drooling reading all the menus listed here, everything sounds so wonderful. So this is where the "plan" is at this point. Any suggestions greatly appreciated. All are for dinner except Akershus.

1900 Park Fare
Crystal Palace
Liberty Tree (already booked with MVMCP)
Whispering Canyon (with a sleigh ride or perhaps fun with Chip and Dale?)
Akershus (breakfast)
LeCellier -pkg with Candlelight Processional

My alternate would be Chef Mickeys, and if Akershus is booked for breakfast cancel Crystal Palace and use the 2TS for CRT if I could.
If we can't get LeCellier either Rose & Crown or Biergarten. Not being familiar with German food - does anyone know if they have something resembling roast beef or hamburger? It sounds like fun place to eat.

I'm counting down the days to make my ADR's and keep going over the list. Everyone here thinks I'm nuts to plan meals this soon, but from what I've read better safe than sorry.

So, what would you change?

Thanks for your help!
Barb

MsMin
05-08-2007, 10:53 PM
It looks like you have a nice selection and ones that could please your hubby's tastes too. I'm not a fan of Biergarten but I don't like brotworst and I haven't been there in 20 + years--it was not my thing by that much:blush: There are many places you can get a great steak so I would pick something you like and have your husband enjoy a nice steak-- that's how it works with us. I had steak at the Coral Reef, Spoodles and LeCellier. If he will eat steak it will expand the possibilities for that special meal. :thumbsup:

GrmGrninGost
05-08-2007, 11:44 PM
Good choices!:mickey: I would consider the Coral Reef. It's a lot of fun! We really enjoyed watching the fish swim around us in the huge aquarium! Also, CRT will book within about 5 minutes on the morning it becomes available. If you are serious about it, ask about it the very first thing when you call for ressies. They start taking ressies at 7:00AM EDT 180 days before the day you want to reserve. I would actually call 180 days before your check in and make sure you can't book it that day.

Mickey91
05-09-2007, 12:15 AM
I agree with Grmgrningost. If you think you will want the castle, it needs to be top priority. At least for breakfast. Lunch and dinner ressies go a little slower. Keep in mind that at Dinner, the princesses do not mingle or give autographs. I have called at 6:59 AM and been put on hold well past the time that all ressies for castle breakfast were gone. I think you will be fine for Akershus. Coral Reef is good. Our kids enjoyed watching the fish. The Rose and Crown will have meat and potatoes.

Intercot has a dining menu list. Things can always alter a little before your trip but it would give you an idea of what you like.

Shoebee99
05-09-2007, 10:57 PM
Well, looks like we'll add Coral Reef to the list in place of Beirgarten - The menu looks good for everyone:thumbsup: and the room looks great. I'll try for the Akerhaus ADR and if it does not work out for breakfast - consider the possibilities with one TS! Cancel something else and do Hoop DeeDoo Revue? well, I'll work on that if the time comes.

Thanks for the suggestions it's nice to get other opinions and suggestions. I'm so ready to make these ADR's .....

maizey05
05-10-2007, 03:43 PM
We like Concourse at CR. They have really good steaks. Also, Marrakesh has kabobs, which are yummy, plus you get the cool bellydancing and music.

mpoppinsgirl
05-10-2007, 08:27 PM
Yay!! I am going to be at the Pop then too. I am a very picky eater also. We ate at LeCellier last year when we went and it was awesome. It was the best meal we had. I had the New York strip steak with the cream cheese mashed potatoes. Tell your Husband that it is great!!:thumbsup: