PDA

View Full Version : O'Hana or Spirit of Aloha??

holyschmolly
05-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Making ressies for our trip in Sept. and my DH & I are split on which to do? I would like to just eat at O'Hana's, but DH believes the kids would get a kick of the show (we have 3 kids-4,2, & 1).

Any suggestions/reasons for one over the other?:confused:

DVC2004
05-08-2007, 03:16 PM
They're both great, and the food is excellent. But the Spirit of Aloha Show is 90 minutes. You should consider if that is too long for the kids.
Otherwise, Ohana is great. The food is phenomenal and there are tons of kids activities like coconut races, hula hoop contests, some live music at times (singer and ukalele. They have a children's menu available upon request also.

pox24
05-08-2007, 03:40 PM
Food at Luau average but O'Hana's is great. Kind of a toss up, ya give better food up for less entertainment.... why not do both?

SBETigg
05-08-2007, 03:52 PM
To be honest, I think your kids may be too young to truly enjoy the show. I would stick with 'Ohana. Great food, fun games and songs for the kids. It's a fun time for families. We haven't been in years but the food at the Aloha show was a big disappointment when we went.

Bruegge
05-08-2007, 03:58 PM
To be honest, I think your kids may be too young to truly enjoy the show. I would stick with 'Ohana. Great food, fun games and songs for the kids. It's a fun time for families. We haven't been in years but the food at the Aloha show was a big disappointment when we went.

Ditto on above, and Ohana's is a "must do" on many peoples list here (including me) I havn't seen too many "must do's" for the aloha show.

Scott

Goofy Pluto
05-08-2007, 03:59 PM
If you have to pick one, I'd say Ohana's. Food is good. The Aloha show is good, but I've never been impressed by the food.

Mickey91
05-08-2007, 08:45 PM
We liked the food at both and I hate to tell you not to go to Spirit of Aloha, but with your kids that young it would be better to go to Ohana. They even have characters at their breakfast. Definitely put the Aloha show on a to do another trip list. It is an awesome show! Or maybe Mom and Dad would enjoy a night alone???

Lucyrella
05-08-2007, 08:54 PM
Well, we are going the end of August, and we can't get into either, the Spirit of Aloha Show or O'Hana's, unless we want to eat at 9pm, which is too late for the girls. Guess this will be on our next trip. I am glad I booked our Cinderella character meals back in March, or we'd be out of luck there too I bet. You all can let me know how it is when you get back,:thumbsup:

holyschmolly
05-08-2007, 09:25 PM
We liked the food at both and I hate to tell you not to go to Spirit of Aloha, but with your kids that young it would be better to go to Ohana. They even have characters at their breakfast. Definitely put the Aloha show on a to do another trip list. It is an awesome show! Or maybe Mom and Dad would enjoy a night alone???

Thanks! My DH and I honeymooned in Hawaii, so we are leaning toward the Spirit of Aloha just for memories.:mickey:

I'll have to double check again to see what times were still available and will most probably make my decision from that.

Thanks all!

biodtl
05-09-2007, 12:25 PM
My DD was 2 (almost 3) when we did the Spirit of Aloha and she loved it. She's a little performer, though, and was thrilled to get up on stage and do the hula. If your kids are at all like that, it's a good choice. if they are more shy, maybe not.

GrmGrninGost
05-09-2007, 11:02 PM
I would have to recommend Ohana. I love the Spirit of Aloha, but it is better suited to older DKs. I would definitely do it on a future trip!:mickey: