PDA

View Full Version : Just back from Wilderness Lodge

Dicecatt262
05-08-2007, 09:34 AM
And WOW, do I love it. Not only did they grant my request (overlooking pool and geyser) but they upgraded me to concierge, what a great surprise. All of the Cast Members were wonderful, the view was magnificent. The only thing that wasn't fantastic was the boat transportation to MK in the morning, we waited for a while watching several resort boats come and depart, but none for MK, so we got on the one going to the contemporary and just walked to MK. Artist Point was spectacular. I loved this resort and will be returning. Oh, the geyser was down during our stay.

I'm happy to answer any questions!

ibrowse17
05-08-2007, 09:40 AM
Glad you had a great time and visit to WL. We plan on staying there very soon:thumbsup:

January-2007
05-08-2007, 09:53 AM
What a treat- upgraded to concierge!!! Glad you had a great trip, thanks for sharing! :mickey:

cgriff
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM
And WOW, do I love it...I'm happy to answer any questions!

Glad you enjoyed your stay! Though I wonder about that spotty boat service... Was it that way for your entire stay, or only once or a few times?

Thanks for volunteering to respond to questions, I have a few!

1. When did you make your view request? At time of arrival or prior?

2. The upgrade to concierge was nice, i bet. Did you partake in any of the offerings at the concierge lounge? Can you describe what was available there?

3. Were there resort postcards in your guestroom portfolio?

Thanks!
I'll be at WL in 61 days and cannot wait! :cap:

Dicecatt262
05-08-2007, 10:33 AM
Glad you enjoyed your stay! Though I wonder about that spotty boat service... Was it that way for your entire stay, or only once or a few times?

Thanks for volunteering to respond to questions, I have a few!

1. When did you make your view request? At time of arrival or prior?

2. The upgrade to concierge was nice, i bet. Did you partake in any of the offerings at the concierge lounge? Can you describe what was available there?

3. Were there resort postcards in your guestroom portfolio?

Thanks!
I'll be at WL in 61 days and cannot wait! :cap:

Boat service was okay the rest of the time, it was just in the morning before MK opens. We only took the boat to MK once in the AM so I can't answer for if it is usual, but we watched 2 resort boats come and go before I finally just got on the 3rd one. Not a big hardship though...I recommend just getting on the resort boat if it comes first and either walking from Contemporary or taking the monorail, especially if you have dining reservations.

I made my reservation request prior to arrival. I booked through Travelocity, so I couldn't contact the resort until 3 or 4 days before my stay, since they wouldn't see my reservation before that. I called them and requested by phone view of the pool and the geyser.

The upgrade was wonderful, the CM was so nice and told me that my requests had been fulfilled, and he did even better and put me into concierge. The breakfast offerings were muffins, bagels, juice, milk, cereal, coffee, pastries, fresh fruit. The snacks were soda, cookies, gummy bears, pretzels. In the evening, there was wine, a type of bbq beef appetizer...we didn't pay much attention to the evening offerings because we had dining reservations. But sitting and snacking while looking down at the magnificent lobby was amazing.

Hmm, postcards. I don't remember seeing any but I'll try to remember to look tonight. I didn't look at the Portfolio much since I had a map and stuff already.

mttafire
05-08-2007, 10:41 AM
Glad you liked W.L. It is one of our favorites!!:mickey: I have never been let down in all the times we've ever visited Disney, Especially at the lodge.:thumbsup:

castlelady36
05-08-2007, 01:25 PM
This summer will be our first time staying there and I am really looking forward to it.
Thanks for the info!!!

Nicki'sMom
05-08-2007, 06:46 PM
OOH, I am so excited to see someone just came back and loved it! Im not surprised, just excited about our upcoming trip. It sounds like you had such a great time you are going back again! Thanks for the review.:mickey:

TikiGoddess
05-08-2007, 07:44 PM
Thanks for the info! Sounds like you had a great trip. We are looking forward to our first ever WL stay in 56 days!!!

Oh, I have a question... what phone number did you call to put in your requests? I know the WL does not accept faxed requests anymore and I don't have a direct phone number for the hotel itself...

TikiG

Dicecatt262
05-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Thanks for the info! Sounds like you had a great trip. We are looking forward to our first ever WL stay in 56 days!!!

Oh, I have a question... what phone number did you call to put in your requests? I know the WL does not accept faxed requests anymore and I don't have a direct phone number for the hotel itself...

TikiG

TikiG, call 407-938-4300

Jimenyfan
05-09-2007, 01:49 PM
What a great surprise being upgraded to Concierge. We will be staying WL concierge in 23 days and cant wait.

cgriff
05-09-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh, Dicecatt... Since you had a pool and geyser view... What about that pool area at Wilderness Lodge? I have read that the pool area was recently rehabed at same time as the guest rooms. Can you recall anything that might have been different or improved in the pool area than from your previous visits or stays at WL?

Thanks for all the great info!

Dicecatt262
05-09-2007, 03:25 PM
As far as the pool area, I didn't notice much difference...but I plan on comparing pictures when I finish uploading. The pool area is beautiful...simply lovely. I remember thinking last time I saw it (when we were there to eat) it was beautiful too, and since then was redone...I'll let you know when I see the pictures if I can tell what is different, but it didn't look all that changed. It was kind of a bummer that the geyser was down, but stuff happens. They were working on it (didn't see workers but saw equipment, with a sign appologizing). The view of the lake was lovely too. I think I had one of the best views possible...high up, quiet and private...I"ll post a link of the view from the room once I get everything loaded.

SteveO
05-09-2007, 08:57 PM
I was thinking of staying at WL next visit but since I spend most of my time at the Studios and Epcot I am a bit worried about how long it takes (by bus) to get to those parks. I've never stayed at WL but love the looks of the place. I've been staying at POFQ and getting to the Studios and Epcot is pretty quick. So, I was thinking I would "have" to stay at one of the Epcot resorts just to be closer but if it's not a big deal getting to those places from WL then I think I will do it. What do you all think?

Dicecatt262
05-10-2007, 09:04 AM
Sorry, I didn't go to either of those while staying at WL so I can't really comment...

Crow
05-10-2007, 03:13 PM
I was thinking of staying at WL next visit but since I spend most of my time at the Studios and Epcot I am a bit worried about how long it takes (by bus) to get to those parks. I've never stayed at WL but love the looks of the place. I've been staying at POFQ and getting to the Studios and Epcot is pretty quick. So, I was thinking I would "have" to stay at one of the Epcot resorts just to be closer but if it's not a big deal getting to those places from WL then I think I will do it. What do you all think?
thats where i spend most of my time also.
the only bad bus trip i remember was going to DD. hr or so due to light being out. other than that it seemed ok
i do agree w some of the other resorts being more centrally located, thats why i like them also, along w the cheaper cost.
but i did happen to stay at BC (only due to rehab on POFQ right after i booked it so got a deal) i didnt like BC other than the great location walkin to Epcot.
WL has a great theme, AP to eat at,boat to MK.
you could even take the boat, stop briefly at MK for a ride or dole whip, then mono to Epcot