PDA

View Full Version : Year of 100 Questions: #23

King Triton
05-08-2007, 09:00 AM
For today's question, we leave property and head northeast on I-4 a little and head to the Universal complex. You have one day. Do you go to:

Universal Studios or
Islands of Adventure

Y100Q24 will appear in Vacation Planning, probably on Wednesday.

avantgardeinker
05-08-2007, 09:15 AM
Although, I can't go to Orlando and spend all my time at Disney (thought about it once, but couldn't bear it) I voted for Islands of Adventure, because of the thrill rides.

212 more days to Disney!!
:mickey:

darthmacho
05-08-2007, 09:24 AM
Oops, I kind of bungled my vote. I voted for US because in 1999, when given that option, that's what I chose, only because it was far less crowded, and we had tickets to the Horror Nights there that night.

Given that choice now I'd go to IOA because I've never tried it.

Actually, I think my next non-WDW park in Orlando would likely be Sea World. :dolphin:

bleukarma
05-08-2007, 12:49 PM
Island of Adventure...I like the more thrilling rides.

jenperich
05-08-2007, 01:00 PM
This is a question that I think is completely up to you. Each park is VERY different. IOA has lots of "thrill" rides...roller coasters and motion rides. Where, US is a lot of "theme" rides...good for the whole family. My vote was for IOA, but I LOVE roller coasters and that's why it got my vote.

Tynkerbelle
05-08-2007, 01:07 PM
I voted for IoA. US has some cool things (The Mummy) and that old Hollywood feel, but I like the theming of IoA. Spiderman is AWESOME and I'm a big fan of water rides (there's 3 at IoA) - plus there's a whole land dedicated to Dr. Seuss!!

Though truth be told you're most likely to find me at Margaritaville :marg: (City Walk)!

LittleD
05-08-2007, 01:37 PM
I voted for US. I don't like roller coasters. I do like the movie studio stuff.

k_reile
05-08-2007, 04:07 PM
I voted for Universal Studios...I have always liked the movie themed rides. I have never been to the other park but I am not much of a rollar coster thrill ride kind of gal

BritCody
05-09-2007, 06:49 AM
Islands of Adventure for the Thrill Rides

Spaceship Tigger
05-09-2007, 07:23 AM
Never been to either one, but if I had to pick, it would be IOA for some of the rides that you can't get at WDW.

January-2007
05-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Wow, as of my vote it's exactly 50/50 right now. I chose Universal Studios because I don't ride roller coasters anymore. Several years ago I did have to choose which one I wanted to go to and I did choose Universal Studios. I think my brothers both went to Islands of Adventure. Now I have the choice to go again but we're not going at all since Back to the Future isn't there anymore. Right? That's the only attraction that we're interested in. Can you believe my DH doesn't like E.T.?? Oh, and the Jaws ride soaked my shoes through and through.

KAT1811
05-13-2007, 01:18 PM
IOA. We did US last time we were at Disney and we ventured off site for the day and we ended up leaving early because we were very disappointed!

I don't plan on venturing outside of my beloved WDW ever again. Nothing compares to the magic and imagineering of WDW!!!

dumbo ears
05-13-2007, 06:13 PM
I said universal studios because I liked et, back to the future, twister, mummy, shrek. All are great. The only thing I said universal is because at Islands of adventure I didnt have fun. I liked both though.

DizneyFreak2002
05-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Islands of Adventure for 1 reason... SPIDER-MAN!!!!! Best ride in all of Orlando...

mdearmas
08-02-2007, 03:31 PM
I would buy a hopper and do both parks. It's really easy to do both parks in one day! I highly recommed the popeye ride in IOA.
:goofy: