PDA

View Full Version : A Nice Surprise!

DVC2004
05-08-2007, 08:05 AM
The four of us had tickets to see the Chicago Rush last night (arena football). We had purchased a family four pack, so we had the cheap seats. While heading into the stadium, a rep from the team stopped us and asked us where our seats were. She then presented us with 4 tickets for the main floor, 4th row, right behind the player's pen! Wow, it made for an unbelievable evening. They even announced us over the speakers. It was like being picked by the dream squad (well, almost!);) . Anyway, it was pretty cool and the boys had the time of thier lives.

kakn7294
05-08-2007, 08:07 AM
Wow, that's great! Those little surprises in life always make us feel so good, don't they!

PirateLover
05-08-2007, 11:51 AM
Cool! Yea they do that at some of the sporting events around here.. give a family with nosebleeds seats a chance to move up and then announce it. Glad you won!:thumbsup:

ElenitaB
05-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Wow... it's like you had a "Magical Moment" in your hometown! :thumbsup:

sportsguy2315
05-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Arena Football is one of those leagues that's a dying breed: A league made for the fans. I was in Vegas when a certain AFL team (cough, Chicago) beat my Predators in the ArenaBowl last June, and the fan atmosphere was just amazing. Also, the league has probably the only Fan's Bill of Rights in pro sports. It has the "You'll get your money's worth" and all that, but a clause every league, regardless of level should adopt:

We believe that Fans expect the Arena Football League to be comprised of gentlemen and ladies who are examples and role models for youth, free of physical violence, drugs, alcohol, and gambling abuse.
:clappy: You go, AFL!

DVC2004
05-10-2007, 08:18 AM
Yes, the experience certainly was fan friendly- much more so than any of the pro-football, baseball, and hockey games we've taken the kids to (and paid high prices for) in the past year. People were just showering us with stuff- bandanas, programs, coupons for free hot dogs, free facepainting for the kids. Plus the game was very exciting! We'll definitely go again. How exciting you were at the Arenabowl!

Arena Football is one of those leagues that's a dying breed: A league made for the fans. I was in Vegas when a certain AFL team (cough, Chicago) beat my Predators in the ArenaBowl last June, and the fan atmosphere was just amazing. Also, the league has probably the only Fan's Bill of Rights in pro sports. It has the "You'll get your money's worth" and all that, but a clause every league, regardless of level should adopt:

:clappy: You go, AFL!

Mickey'sGirl
05-10-2007, 08:49 AM
That's very cool! I bet the boys had the time of their lives (for this week anyway! ;) ) . :thumbsup:

Momof2boys
05-22-2007, 02:47 PM
When we had the Milwaukee Mustangs here we went to almost every game but they picked up & left town. During Spring Break we were in Nashville and took the kids to see the Nashville Kats play the Rush and they loved it as much as DH and I did.

Congrats on your upgraded seats ~ very cool !