PDA

View Full Version : Opinions for Thanksgiving weekend

airb330
05-08-2007, 12:34 AM
I am moving to FL in September. I plan on flying down my grandparents, my parents, and my best friend if she can get off work for Thanksgiving. I am unsure of how we should do the whole Disney thing during this crazy busy time period.

Thanksgiving day: Should we even bother going to the parks? I don't know if we would want to brave the crowds. It seems magical, and would allow us an easy reason not to cook! I just wouldn't want to get frustrated by not being able to ride much. I always want to do each E-Ride at least once!

Friday 11/23-- Thinking MK or Epcot

Sat 11/24 MK or Epcot, whichever one we didn't do on the 23rd. These two parks offer a lot for everyone. Everyone can do most rides, with BTMRR and Space Mtn being the only rides I foresee my mom and grandparents skipping between both parks.

Sunday: MVMCP with the Grandparents only tonight. I figured this would give them some special memories, and allow more time at MK. The parents and friend would need to leave to get back to work. This allows me to take them back to the airport.

The Grandparents haven't been to Disney since 88. They really want to see MGM. However, I am paying for most of this...and frankly feel a day at MGM would be a waste. Mom and the grandparents will not be riding any thrill ride, which makes AK and MGM 1/2 day parks to me. I'd rather not spring for hoppers just so we can spend 2-3 hours at MGM and AK. Yes, it'd be nice, but I really gotta factor in some costs here. Paying for 2-3 plane tickets, and 2-3 tickets will add up. Thanks for any ideas!

Carol
05-08-2007, 07:22 AM
Since you asked ..... :twocents:

I would see if they could stay beyond that weekend. I would never venture into the parks during such a massive crowded holiday time. Especially since they haven't been in so long.

Once Monday hits it will be much better crowd wise.

DDuck66
05-08-2007, 10:20 AM
I have not been for Thanksgiving Weekend but I have been over Christmas weekend. The crowds were huge but if you have a plan they are manageable. If you are staying onsite, make sure that you take advantage of an morning EMH. On Christmas day we used the early EMH and were able to ride every ride before the crowds got to crazy. We then spent the latter part of the day people watching and enjoying the Holiday.
Welcome to Florida!!! We live about an hour and a half away and it is great!!!