PDA

View Full Version : School Choir Trip

WDWTEXAS
05-07-2007, 08:58 PM
This is my first trip report so, sorry if I get anything wrong. I went with about 150 high school students and about 50 adults. We stayed at the Buena Vista Suites, which is right down the road from the Nickelodean Suites and the Marriot World. We left April 26 and came back April 30. Our first day in the parks (Friday the 27th), we went to MGM Studios. Me and the group I was with (about 10), and headed straight for Tower of Terror. We got Fastpasses, the waited in the stand by line. Once we got off the first time, we had some to time to go to the restroom, and then we got back on. We got off and it was time to eat, so we ate at the restruant that is next to Honey I Shrunk the Kids playground ( I can't think of the name). When we were done eating, we did something VERY unexpected...

Jimenyfan
05-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Sounds like a great start. What did you do that was unexpected? Anxiously waiting for your next report.:mickey:

faline
05-08-2007, 11:47 AM
Well, this is quite a dramatic lead-in!

sleepingbooty
05-08-2007, 07:14 PM
Hmmmm, what could have happened?

WDWTEXAS
05-09-2007, 09:10 PM
Sorry about the long wait. Anyways, back to my report...

We had just gotten done eating at that restruant when the we decided to go play in the Honey I Shrunk the Kids Playset. I know, with that cliffhanger, you might have been expecting something different, but I think it was very funny looking around and seeing 10 high school kids (2 of us are on the varsity football team) running around the playground with all these other little kids (don't worry, no one was hurt). After that, we headed to Muppet Vision 3D. That show definitly has a special sense of humor, becouse about half of us laughed and the other half thought it was dumb. After that, we had some fastpasses for Rock and Rollercoaster (I forgot to mention we picked those up after ToT), so we rode that, and then headed for Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Show. It was a really good show, and it was pretty cool, a couple of people from our choir were picked to go down on stage as the "extras". After the show, we had some time to walk around, and then had some dinner. The park closed at 7, and at that time, our entire choir met at the Hollywood Hills Ampitheatre and we watched Fantasmic! all together. When the show was down we boarded the buses and headed back to the hotel for a quick swim and then we were headed for bed.

Disneydol
05-10-2007, 11:05 AM
Glad you enjoyed your trip! Never let your age stop you from having a good time. I'm thrilled you played on the playground. And impressed that you were careful of smaller kids around you.

My DH is a high school Band Director, and we've made 4 Disney Trips with students.

We love it when they let the magic get them and they cut loose. We know they are having a good time. I'm sure your Choir director was happy to see you enjoying yourselves!

:drum:

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ChipnDaleGal
05-18-2007, 12:40 PM
What a big group you went with!! I am glad that you had a good trip. Must have been a lot of fun to be there with so many friends. :mickey: