PDA

View Full Version : Girls Only Birthday Trip - Arrival Day

BethieTink
05-07-2007, 03:20 PM
Who - Me - 37 Disney nut and
Friend Michele - 36 (almost 37) Disney nut

Where - Port Orleans Riverside

When - May 2 - 6

Just got back yesterday and wanted to get some trip reports done before I forget the details.

Arrived into MCO from BOS a little bit before noon. Michele picked me up and we headed to the resort.

Checked in to POR, asked for and received a close room the main area (I have RA) and the room (Oak Manor 9054) was ready. Hauled all of our stuff in and walked around a bit. What a beautiful resort!! Would not hesitate to stay there again at all. Very quiet and peaceful. Grabbed some lunch at the food court (Muffaletta :cloud9: ) and headed to Animal Kingdom.

Got to AK a little bit before 3 and headed straight to EE. Absolutely love this ride!! What a thrill. There was about an hour until the Nemo Show, so we walked over to Dino Land and did Dinosaur and Primeval Whirl. Got to Nemo as the line was still going in. Got a great seat in the back by the exit and really enjoyed the show. Headed over to the safari and got some great photos as the animals were starting to get active again. Never waited in line more than 20 minutes for anything. A great day at AK. Missed FOTLK and ITTBAB, but we got a lot done.

Took the bus over AK and dinner at BOMA. My favorite restaurant did not disappoint. It was rib night and I indulged. The prime rib was its usual excellent. Had 2 wonderful soups - Coconut Chicken Curry Stew and a Seafood Stew with couscous. WOW. Loved the potato salad and the chicken salad with the cilantro dressing. And of course finished the evening with some zebra domes.

We then headed to DTD to do some shopping. Hit a couple of the stores, but the lines were long (especially the personalization desk at the Christmas store), so we packed it in for the night took the boat back to POR.

Up next....AM EMH at MK and dinner at Jiko.

sleepingbooty
05-07-2007, 07:44 PM
Girls only trips always sound so fun to me, I can't wait to read more!

pogo
05-07-2007, 08:39 PM
Great start Beth. :thumbsup:

I can't wait to read more. I've never been on a girls only trip ! :D

castlelady36
05-08-2007, 10:56 AM
Girls trips are so much fun!!! Can't wait to read more:mickey:

faline
05-08-2007, 12:33 PM
Great start!

Glad you like your resort!

BethieTink
05-10-2007, 03:14 PM
Hopefully tomorrow, I will get Day 2 up and maybe more. Been slammed at work this week.

Bethanymouse
05-11-2007, 07:08 AM
It sounds like you got a lot of great rides in there. Never had a zebra dome- but i sure hear a lot about them! I am glad that you had such a great time. Thanks for sharing! I cant wait to read more!:mickey:

AliceinDisney
05-11-2007, 10:44 AM
My mom and I did a girls only trip back in 2003 and it was good times...the male characters just loved us . lol. My Dad kept calling us everyday, and I think truthfully he really wanted to go with us he loves Disney.

SBETigg
05-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Off to a great start! I love the AK and can't wait to try Boma. Thanks for the report.

pdrlkr
05-11-2007, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the report! :smickey:

DizneyFreak2002
05-12-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks for sharing your report.

ChipnDaleGal
05-16-2007, 09:17 AM
Sounds like you are off to a wonderful start! Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

BelleCiavo
05-18-2007, 07:22 AM
What a great first day, thanks for sharing it.
Karen