PDA

View Full Version : Where do they get their music?

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
05-07-2007, 02:06 PM
I've been listening to the various Disney stations on live365 and I'm wondering where the station operators get their ride attraction audio from? Are those tracks found on CDs somewhere? I've searched online, but the only tracks I've come across are taken from people's camcorders and have all sorts of background noise.

This is what I'm specifically looking to find:
Spaceship Earth (ride audio)
CoP (ride audio)
Horizons (ride audio)
Space Mountain (queue music)
Mission Space (ride audio)
...& any others that may be available

Where do I find "clean" copies of these?

Thanks for the help!

DizneyRox
05-07-2007, 03:27 PM
This is what I'm specifically looking to find:
Spaceship Earth (ride audio)
CoP (ride audio)
Horizons (ride audio)
Space Mountain (queue music)
Mission Space (ride audio)
...& any others that may be available

Where do I find "clean" copies of these?

Thanks for the help!
All of that is fairly readily available. Have you tried a simple google search?

Most (if not all) of the Internet radio stations are using the same music that's freely available to those who know where to look. There is a slight gray area on if they are "legal" or not. The way I look at it, my vacation recordings are my property and I can share them as I wish. It doesn't matter that I've figured a way to filter out much of the background noise (kids screaming, talking, etc).

Others I'm sure don't see it that way...

There is an abundance of SSE audio out there, pretty much all of the source recordings for Horizons are out there. Mission Space is fairly new and I'm not sure there are terribly clean recordings out there. Space Mountain is a little hard to find. To the best of my knowledge a totally clean recording of any of the queue music does not exist, but there are some that might suffice.

COP was released on the Walt Disney World Forever Kiosks and is easy to find.

Try google, you might be surprised what was available right under your nose.

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
05-08-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the help, I'll continue on with my search. It's good to know whats out there at least. I just seemed to grab every recording that had a screaming baby in there somewhere. (I didn't want my recordings that authentic!) :D