PDA

View Full Version : Further definition of "adult subjects"

LittleDragonErin
05-07-2007, 01:36 PM
This week's safety corner goes a little more in detail of what they mean by adult subjects:

Adult subjects are not allowed in VMK. An example of an adult subject is playing as a baby/mommy/daddy character. If you need a reminder of what is and isn't acceptable, read over the VMK Values.

Now if only they'd say something further about "taken" outside of guest rooms and the "animals" thing.

varcity
05-07-2007, 01:50 PM
No one reads that stuff anyways. Way too many people still ask if people are taken. Today I told a pair of kids to use polite language (they said shut up) and that taken is against values. Still hoping for a gold star :)

It's like a movie. Robber runs by the cop. Cop stands up, says hey, stop. Robber keeps going. Cop sits down. Not much action going on to stop the problem!

LittleDragonErin
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
It's like a movie. Robber runs by the cop. Cop stands up, says hey, stop. Robber keeps going. Cop sits down. Not much action going on to stop the problem!

I can only speak for Bingo and Red, as they are the only 2 that are on my list that are on, on a daily basis. But Bingo spends so much time talking to those with "taken" in their signatures and closing down "meet" rooms. I visit her every now and then and she's always too busy to chat.

Red, on the other hand, just is zipping through rooms, knocking out those help reports.

I understand the game is free, and their budget is only so big. But honestly, they need more regular staff to help out in the game.

RenDuran
05-07-2007, 05:22 PM
"Adult subjects are not allowed in VMK. An example of an adult subject is playing as a baby/mommy/daddy character. "

Personally I find this to be ridiculous....I "played" being a mommy and a baby when I was a child. I'm sorry that we are all mature adults here and feel like we're above this sort of thing, but this was started as a kids game and sometimes I think we've taken it over too much. I know that not all these kids are innocent, but there are a lot of kids that are innocent and aren't on vmk to commit any sort of "vmk crime"!......and that's my two-cents! :twocents:

LittleDragonErin
05-07-2007, 07:55 PM
"Adult subjects are not allowed in VMK. An example of an adult subject is playing as a baby/mommy/daddy character. "

Personally I find this to be ridiculous....I "played" being a mommy and a baby when I was a child. I'm sorry that we are all mature adults here and feel like we're above this sort of thing, but this was started as a kids game and sometimes I think we've taken it over too much. I know that not all these kids are innocent, but there are a lot of kids that are innocent and aren't on vmk to commit any sort of "vmk crime"!......and that's my two-cents! :twocents:

I played as a mommy and baby when I was a child too, but I think the difference is how far some of the players take it in VMK. From personal experience, I've seen more "mature" players playing at mommy/daddy/baby than innocent kids pretending. I only say that because of the manner in which they "play", describing sexual acts and stuff. And I think that's why VMK had to bring out this rule clarification. As is always the case, there are a select number that have to push and bend the rules just to see how far they can go and in the end ruin it for everybody else.

mickeytinkerbellprincess
05-07-2007, 08:00 PM
The bay be thing is not as bad as taken or cursing, really. Basically, a bay be or taken person sees someone else that they barely know and ask to be taken or to be their "mummy/duh duh." It's not as dangerous as taken, since a lot of taken people want to give out personal information when they're taken, but it gets annoying sometimes when someone just pops up and asks to be their mummy.

I think that they should allow rooms where friends can get together, but not allow taken. Sometimes when people want to do rooms for friends but leave it open and end up having taken people in it.

janmathatter
05-07-2007, 08:26 PM
VMK definitely needs rules and standards to keep things clean and safe. This game is no different than real life. People that play by the rules suffer for the actions of those that don't. And those that don't, could care less that others suffer for their actions. Readingprincess was 6 years old when she started playing VMK. She has played taking care of babies since she was old enough to talk and walk, and there has never been anything sexual about her playing, in real life or VMK. She truly is an innocent kid that I want protected when she is online, but I also want her to be able to have fun.

terri.m
05-08-2007, 09:54 AM

I understand what you're saying completely but when you take into consideration that you don't really know who is the other person that is being the "mommy daddy or baby", it's just too scary.

RaspberryRed
06-01-2007, 06:37 PM
As a child, I too played house, otherwise referred to as "mommy/daddy/baby" but I think there is a difference on VMK. [[If this seems like other posts, I apologize.]] This was originally a kid's site, and I think that this behavior is fine, as long as you don't get mature. But the fact is, [most] players who do this are using way to much maturity/adulthood for their own good. Bringing things into VMK that shouldn't even be mentioned. Like "bath" and "changing dipars" to name a few. Plus you don't even know who your mommy/daddy/kid is! [[For players who do this with friends in real life on VMK, I think it's fine as long as you keep it appropriate.]]My biggest problem is "taken". I mean, would you go up to some random guy/girl on the street and ask them out? What I'm curious is about, in the safety corner they said you could get banned for baby, but all the staff say that you don't unless you take it to a bad level. Is it or is it not allowed? As for "animals" I don't think it's bad to dress as an animal, but getting an owner is kind of weird.

RenDuran
06-01-2007, 11:00 PM
As for "animals" I don't think it's bad to dress as an animal, but getting an owner is kind of weird.

The kids dressed as animals always make me laugh! I never "played" animal as a child.... maybe that's my problem!