PDA

View Full Version : Do I smell AP discounts in the air?

King Triton
05-07-2007, 12:35 PM
Well, I went out on a limb a couple of weeks ago and was correct guessing when SW airlines would release new dates.

Well, April showers have given way to early May. Could it be that we may be hearing about AP room-only discounts for the mid-late summer period (maybe around mid-July to Aug 20th or so) possibly this week? Disney has been known to release these dates for AP holders right about now...stay tuned...

Eeyore3138
05-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I sure hope you're right! I'm looking for an AP discount for 7/30-8/8. Hopefully they won't pull what they did last year and only discount certain room (like Epcot resorts). I'm already booked at CBR and WL! Fingers crossed!:fingers:

Ian
05-07-2007, 01:39 PM
Not to be negative, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Attendance is way up this year due to some of the new promotions they have (like the Little Ones EMH and YoaMD) and, according to one of the Guest Relations CM's I talked to, there may not be as many discounts this year as in year's past.

Apparently they're pretty happy with their advance bookings as they stand, so if there are any AP rates released I'd look for them to be more filler-type rates like what Eeyore3138 referred to. Just incentives to fill out whatever minimal empty rooms they have.

King Triton
05-07-2007, 02:52 PM
Not to be negative, but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high.

Attendance is way up this year due to some of the new promotions they have (like the Little Ones EMH and YoaMD) and, according to one of the Guest Relations CM's I talked to, there may not be as many discounts this year as in year's past.

Apparently they're pretty happy with their advance bookings as they stand, so if there are any AP rates released I'd look for them to be more filler-type rates like what Eeyore3138 referred to. Just incentives to fill out whatever minimal empty rooms they have.

Wacky, congrats again on the Castle win!

You're right; I wouldn't be surprised if it didn't happen, but if history means anything, the time is about right IF it is to happen. I know bookings are up; you can see it here on the boards...people are having a little more difficulty getting what they want when they want. I was actually surprised that the free dining came out for early fall.

Ian
05-07-2007, 05:59 PM
I was actually surprised that the free dining came out for early fall.Thanks for the congrats!

I was actually surprised by the free dining myself. Especially considering that September is the month that's seen one of the biggest attendance boosts to do Little Ones EMH.

Beckybalz
05-07-2007, 08:57 PM
So hopefully we will all be pleasantly surprised by some summer AP discount rates, too!

lbjjh1
05-08-2007, 11:41 PM
It is true that traffic is up but so is Ap sales.In order to keep AP sales strong they will throw a bone to passholders. Late summer discounts should be out by the middle of next week. Granted they will be very limited.