PDA

View Full Version : Ready for a Family Trip

Figment78
05-07-2007, 11:39 AM
Okay, this may sound absurd or odd to most people, but I bet that there are Intercotees out there who will understand.

My DH and I have been to WDW several times together (honeymoon, anniversary trip, etc) and have done the adult trip stuff (fancy dinners, spa, golf, etc).

Now we are at the stage where we are trying to "start a family." Along with many other things I'm looking forward to about having a child, is that first Disney trip!

My DH thinks I'm nuts, but I just can't wait until we can take a DS or DD to Disney! On our last trip I kept watching all the little ones thinking, that will be us soon! And when I see things on Intercot about Magical Beginnings and Playhouse Disney, I get excited for our future trips and a new kind of magic!

So are there any other Intercotees out there trying to wait patiently (ha ha) to take kids to the world???

kakn7294
05-07-2007, 03:33 PM
DH and I have completed our family, but I can fully understand where you are coming from. It was a wonderful feeling taking our DD's for each of their first trips to WDW. It's amazing to see it through the eyes of a child. Good luck to you on starting your family and planning for baby's first trip to the World!

xipetotec
05-07-2007, 04:22 PM
Okay, this may sound absurd or odd to most people, but I bet that there are Intercotees out there who will understand.

My DH and I have been to WDW several times together (honeymoon, anniversary trip, etc) and have done the adult trip stuff (fancy dinners, spa, golf, etc).

Now we are at the stage where we are trying to "start a family." Along with many other things I'm looking forward to about having a child, is that first Disney trip!

My DH thinks I'm nuts, but I just can't wait until we can take a DS or DD to Disney! On our last trip I kept watching all the little ones thinking, that will be us soon! And when I see things on Intercot about Magical Beginnings and Playhouse Disney, I get excited for our future trips and a new kind of magic!

So are there any other Intercotees out there trying to wait patiently (ha ha) to take kids to the world???

We did sort of the reverse, but yes. I remember being a teen and going to Disney, and then when my kids were REALLY young, my mothe rgoing with my cousins and telling us she'd take us and our kids down one day when they were "old enough" ... When my youngest turned 3, we went. And it was just magical. Seeing it through their eyes. just wow.

That being said, I've only been once for "the adult stuff" with DW last year. And it was its own magic.

The next thing I'd like to experience is bring someone who's never been with us. :number1:

disneynarula
05-07-2007, 04:28 PM
I have been to WDW countless times but I have not been since we had our DSs. I am more excited about taking my three year old than an other trip. We also have a baby who will be one when we go. I can't wait to see the magic on his face.

crazypoohbear
05-07-2007, 07:03 PM
I remember planning on getting pregnant AT disney!.
Didn't work out that way, got pregnant before the trip and morning sickness during the trip:ill:
BUT... It was sooo worth it. I was thrilled when I got to take him "out of the womb with the view" to see disney the first time.
He was 3and 1/2 and kept telling us he "remembered" being there before in my belly because he could see everything.:mickey:

tinksmom02
05-07-2007, 09:52 PM
We took DD just after she turned 2 for her first trip, and it was great, but this past trip, when she was 4 1/2, was really magical. She didn't remember the first trip, of course, and she's REALLY into Disney now, so it was just great. Had a lot of teary moments that last trip, and plan to again in Sept.

Having said that, the one thing I always wanted to do was go to Disney before we had her. Never happened, and I can't imagine heading down there without her. I know there are tons of adult things to do, and even just going to the parks is a different experience without kids. For me, I just couldn't imagine Disney without Jenna...

So I'm glad that you got to enjoy Disney as a couple, and I know you'll love it even more as parents!

January-2007
05-08-2007, 11:32 AM
DH and I currently have Annual Passes. It is a dream come true. In a one year time span we will have been in Walt Disney World 4 times, culminating in about a month of in park days. This is our time to do everything we want. Why? I can't wait either, to bring our children of the future! We definately won't be going back for a while until we start a family. Ok, definately is a really strong word for me when it comes to Disney, so you never know, but it won't be as extravagent as this year, that's for sure. We're hoping to start a family within the next 1-2 years, and then our trips will be so different, but they will also be so wonderful. You are not alone in these day dreams of trips to come. It's such a lovely thought, isn't it?

:secret: I might have even taken it farther... I've thought of ways we could bring children without it being that more expensive than just us two, and I've thought about ways to bring more than two kids, if that's how it works out in the end... So many variables to consider... I can't wait!!! :mickey:

Marker
05-08-2007, 11:43 AM
Well, I plan to never take a baby of MY OWN anywhere ever again.

However, our first Grandson was born in January, and I can't wait to take him to WDW. I'll probably have to take his parents too, but that's ok.

Figment78
05-08-2007, 11:57 AM
I knew I could count on Intercotees to understand the lure of bringing their children to Disney for the first (of many!) times!

I suppose this is another testament that Disney appeals to all types of travelers of all life stage. Singles, Couples, Families, Grandparents, groups of friends... There is no more magical vacation place! But I suppose we are all a little biased on this board :mickey:

btw - January 2007, I hope you are charging (and paying off of course) all your trips this year to your Disney Visa. ;) My goal is to save up all those reward points over the next few years for that first trip to the world with kid(s)!

January-2007
05-08-2007, 03:00 PM
btw - January 2007, I hope you are charging (and paying off of course) all your trips this year to your Disney Visa. ;) My goal is to save up all those reward points over the next few years for that first trip to the world with kid(s)!

:thumbsup: Yep, sure am! We got the card in October and decided to leave for a trip that night... ended up leaving the next morning, but all the same, making those reward dollars! It's a great system! :mickey:

goofiecrazy
05-08-2007, 04:00 PM
My son was 18 months his first trip in 04 and I was 12 weeks along with my daughter. So our next trip isnt till the summer of 08 and my son will be 5 and daughter will be 3.The last time he didnt understand so this trip is going to be like his first trip and i cant wait to see both of their faces when they see everything for the frst time.

TheMartellFamily
05-08-2007, 04:12 PM
I lost my dad unexpectantly when I was pregnant with my first DS. My first thought was that he will not be able to do the disney thing like my dad did with me growing up. Well forward one year and we were at WDW it was DH, me, DS, my brother, my mom. On our first day we all walked in together saying that we are so happy that we now can forward this tradition to our DS no matter what. DS was taking his first unaided steps here just like the TV commericial from a few years back. We went every year until #2DS came about, and I was 6 month pregnant with him, and it was the middle of June. We waited until after his first B-day and we were there, he now has been now 3x's. When I was a child going with my family I never thought about when I get big I am going to bring my kids. Well I love seeing these vacations though my childrens eyes and makes life worth everything to do that. We are already planing Aug of 2008 another big family vacation since that will be 10 years since my dad passing. Life does go on we tell ourselves, and so does our WDW vacations with my children. We love it!

k_reile
05-11-2007, 11:45 AM
This is why I had to convincce DH to go this Sept for free dining. I have been wanting to go to WDW just the 2 of us b4 we have children. He has not been there since he was 5 so he does not remember really anything except getting stung by a bee at the campgrounds. I convinced him to go because I wanted that one trip alone with him. We will not go again until after we have children and they are old enough to walk on their own and that I do not have to push a stroller in WDW. My parents did that with my brother and I...the first time we were allowed to go was I was almost 10 and my brother was 6. So unfortunately for us it will probably be a long time before we go back.:( But by then we will be parents so that will be exciting (and we decided we can start saving now and have a really great vacation then):cloud9: